Home PEx Sports PBA

How do you get into the PBA draft?

I'm on a basketball scolarship (D-1) in the US but I'm Canadian. It's my senior year and I want to get into the PBA. Do I need to declare for the draft? I can't find any info about getting into the league on the website or on google or anything. Do I have to sign as an import? One of my parents is Filipino but a Canadian citizen.

Also, what is average height of a player at each position in the PBA? Ex: PG - 6'1, SG - 6'6, etc.

Comments

• adonis827adonis827 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The easiest way to get in the pba is to find an agent. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone. But there are posters in here who may have contact to one or who have connections to the pba eg jpmercado, than etc

good luck to you bro!
  • baller23 wrote: »
    I'm on a basketball scolarship (D-1) in the US but I'm Canadian. It's my senior year and I want to get into the PBA. Do I need to declare for the draft? I can't find any info about getting into the league on the website or on google or anything. Do I have to sign as an import? One of my parents is Filipino but a Canadian citizen.

Also, what is average height of a player at each position in the PBA? Ex: PG - 6'1, SG - 6'6, etc.

Since you have a filipino bloodline, you can apply for a dual citizen, Filipino and Canadian. You have to go to the nearest Embassy or consulate and ask for the requirements. Its very easy to apply.

You must also play at least a year in any league here in the Philippines.

Try to look for CHARLIE DY, he handles most PBA Players.
  • outmapoutmap PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    baller23 wrote: »

estimates only:
    PG - 5'11"
    SG - 6'1"
    SF - 6'3"
    PF - 6'5"
    C - 6'7"

May I ask what position you play and your height?
  • well, you might play in the position you're most effective.
  • from what i know, if you are a fil-foreigner, you'll have to play a minimun of 15 games in the amateurs like kelly williams, sol mercado, rob reyes, mike holper, jared dillenger, etc..

but if you are a legit filipino who only grew up in the US, you may directly apply for the PBA draft like kevin white, charles waters, etc..

ofcourse the prerequisite of the two options above are AUTHENTIC PAPERS.. once you pass all requirements, then there shouldn't be any problems playing here.
  • baller23 wrote: »

if you have good looks just look for nap gutierrez:lol:

just kidding sir.*peace*
  • fernando_hierrofernando_hierro Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    charlie dy might beat nap gutierrez to the draw if youre good looking

you may also hook up with danny espiritu, he is very experienced in negotiating

if you still want to repeat college, try applying with the Pumarens, they can get you to DLSU...
  • adonis827adonis827 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    if you still want to repeat college, try applying with the Pumarens, they can get you to DLSU...

hmmm :confused: nevermind ulit
  • lovejoneslovejones living the martini life PEx Expert 🎖️
    How do you get into the PBA draft?

with lots of practice
  • sakay ka ng taxi tapos sabihin mo yung lugar kung saan ang PBA draft.

panigurado, makakarating ka dun.