Home PEx Lifestyle Visas and Immigration

New Philippine Visa Rules for staying longer than 59 days in 2010?

Has anyone heard any update or 1st-hand experience about those newly published rules?

I booked my flights for 1st week of Feb and was thinking to stay the initial 3 weeks and do 2 extensions. But it looks like after 59 days I would have to apply for that new ACR-I Card:

---

Philippines – ACR I-Card Now Required For Additional Categories
Effective 20 December, and according to the recently issued Memorandum from the Bureau of Immigration in the Philippines (Order No. MCl-09-024 dated 23 November 2009), additional categories of foreign nationals in the Philippines will be required to apply for an Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card).
The Memorandum also brings in the need for an emigration clearance certificate (exit approval) for foreign nationals who have been granted a total stay in the Philippines of six months or longer.
The additional categories for ACR I-Cards are as follows:
1)
Temporary visitors (including business visitors) applying for an extension of stay for over 59 days in total under section 9(a) of the Immigration Act
2)
Temporary residents with a Special Study Pass (SSP), regardless of length of stay
3)
Temporary residents with a Special Work Permit (SWP), regardless of length of stay.

---

Hm? Hope the Visa Rules in the Philippines are not generally getting more complicated....

Comments

• guo_mei_xinguo_mei_xin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    What's your purpose in coming to the Philippines? If for tourist purposes, you won't have any problems. If your company is sending you to the Philippines for business or for work, they can process your visa and the extension for you so you'll have no problems.

Maybe Maybe there's doing this to prevent illegal tourists here in the country. Because if you're just a tourist here, why the need to extend your visa? Unless of course you want to travel the whole country, which really requires longer duration of stay here.

Or maybe they just want more money hahahahaha
  • crazpcrazp PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    nung umuwi ako dyan sa atin last Dec 24, sabi ko sa POE na 20days lang ako magsta-stay pero binigyan pa rin ako ng 1 year visa. US Citizen na ako.
  • JUST_JTJUST_JT PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Balikbayans are allowed to stay in PI for 12 months sans visa.

-Just_JT
    Beyond.that.you.pay.a.fee.
  • hi
    if a foreigner intend to stay in Phillipines for 25days,does she/he need a visa?
  • guo_mei_xinguo_mei_xin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^what's his/her nationality?
  • ^what's his/her nationality?

hes a german....
  • jomi_schwartzjomi_schwartz PEx Rookie ⭐
    For Philippine Visa assistance, we are here to help you.

tripleisignlogo3.jpg
    Need assistance in registering a company in the Philippines?
    We offer Business Registration, Business Consulting, Office Setup, Philippine Visa Assistance and other government permits and licenses.
    Visit Triple I Consulting Inc at http://www.tripleiconsulting.com
    http://www.tripleiconsulting.com
  • libroph06 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any update or 1st-hand experience about those newly published rules?

I booked my flights for 1st week of Feb and was thinking to stay the initial 3 weeks and do 2 extensions. But it looks like after 59 days I would have to apply for that new ACR-I Card:

---

Philippines – ACR I-Card Now Required For Additional Categories
    Effective 20 December, and according to the recently issued Memorandum from the Bureau of Immigration in the Philippines (Order No. MCl-09-024 dated 23 November 2009), additional categories of foreign nationals in the Philippines will be required to apply for an Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card).
    The Memorandum also brings in the need for an emigration clearance certificate (exit approval) for foreign nationals who have been granted a total stay in the Philippines of six months or longer.
    The additional categories for ACR I-Cards are as follows:
    1)
    Temporary visitors (including business visitors) applying for an extension of stay for over 59 days in total under section 9(a) of the Immigration Act
    2)
    Temporary residents with a Special Study Pass (SSP), regardless of length of stay
    3)
    Temporary residents with a Special Work Permit (SWP), regardless of length of stay.

---

Hm? Hope the Visa Rules in the Philippines are not generally getting more complicated....

The government formulated another plan to get more money from non-Filipinos. What's next? Extra taxes for hand carried luggages??? :grrr:
  • Nung paalis ako ng Pilipinas on a Visit Visa, ang huling tinanong sa akin nung immigration officer (aside from purpose, kasama sa bansang pupuntahan, etc.) ay kung saang school ako gumraduate. Nung sinagot ko, mukhang alam nya na tama at pinadaan naman ako.

Ang tanong ko: Meron bang database ang Bureau of Immigration ng mga schools na pinaggraduatean ng mga Filipino Citizens? Gumraduate ako galing sa isang gov't university. Wala akong maalalang government form o interview (bukad dun sa school ko mismo) na kung saan tinanong at nilagay ko ang school kung san ako gumraduate. Nagtataka ako dahil alam nya yung dapat kong isagot na school. Anyway, kung meron ngang database, hindi ba privacy issue ito? Ano pa kaya ang ibang laman nung database, kung meron?