COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

Pre-employment medical exam

Hi..I just want to ask if ano ang basis of failing a pre-employment medical exam?

Kasi I have a right main bronchial stenosis..and its causing a wheezing ang cracking sound if I breath deep..

Is this a basis of failing my pre-employment medical exam?

Please help

Comments

• rozzcbrozzcb dev PExer
    Usually kasi may box dun sa medical kung

- Fit to work
    - Not fit to work
    - Needs re examination

I think pag not fit to work ka is obvious naman, pero kung needs re examination tapos may mga finding usually pag mabait *** HR or Management gumagawa sila adjustments para sa current condition mo based on the medical. This is based from experience of my officemate.
  • Thanks for the reply..

Currently i'm working in a company in makati...

All of my laboratories were OK based from my previous pre-employment exam,3 months ago...

My bronchial stenosis exist for about 4 years na...
  • fritz17fritz17 Member PExer
    Yeah unless you're applying for a job that may be hazardous to your lungs, I think you're OK.
  • juan_hustlerjuan_hustler Member PExer
    fritz17 wrote: »
    Yeah unless you're applying for a job that may be hazardous to your lungs, I think you're OK.

does having tuberculosis or cancer of any sorts, or hepa considered not fit to work?

After the rigorous HR process, nerve-wracking interviews, nang dahil sa isang physical exam di ka na makakatrabaho?
  • How about having an asthma? not fit to work ba yan?
  • bump bump bump
  • rozzcbrozzcb dev PExer
    How about having an asthma? not fit to work ba yan?

It really depends on the position you're applying for.
  • if i'm applying for an IT/programmer position?
  • bump bump bump
  • Thanks God. I got my pulmonary clearance last saturday. Even though I have an asthma, the doctor said that I'm fit to work and my asthma won't affect my performance. That doctor advise me to manage my asthma to avoid any complication to my health and to my work.
  • arkantos008arkantos008 Member PExer
    ang hep b po ba ay kasama sa mga listahan para ikaw ay not fit to work?
  • skuidwardskuidward *yawn* ✭✭✭

After the rigorous HR process, nerve-wracking interviews, nang dahil sa isang physical exam di ka na makakatrabaho?

It happened to me. Medical bumagsak pa. I even shelled out my own money for blood works but still the company doc didn't clear me for work. I may sound bitter pero mahirap tanggapin. I'd still consider on reapplying to that company though baka mabigyan pa ulit ng chance.
  • master_greenmaster_green Member PExer
    skuidward wrote: »
    It happened to me. Medical bumagsak pa. I even shelled out my own money for blood works but still the company doc didn't clear me for work. I may sound bitter pero mahirap tanggapin. I'd still consider on reapplying to that company though baka mabigyan pa ulit ng chance.

^same here. ganyan din nangyari saken. minimal ptb naman. now that i'm cured, problema ko naman ang mag-apply ule for work. i might get rejected kahit may clearance na.
  • bluesoda00bluesoda00 Salamat po!!! PExer
    really depends on the company you are joining in at sa hr manager. minsan kasi may mga multinational companies who surprisingly would not let you undergo one (based on experience) so lucky you if you'll get hired. yung iba naman whether personal money yung ginamit mo or company paid yung exam depends entirely duon sa evaluation ng clinic kung i ha hire ko or hindi. pero merong mangilan ngilang company na sobrang strict when it comes to med results na kahit fit to work ang impression sayo kung may nakita yung hr na ibang items that needs to be taken like oral prophylaxis or removal of impacted cerumen (tutule) na kung tutuusin ay negligible pero kailangang gawin mo in order to get in. as to asthma, discretion yun ng hr manager kahit pa may pulmonary clearance ka. hope this helps!
  • KakashiKakashi Copy Ninja PExer
    How about if you have kidney stones? It's not contagious. Hindi naman makakaapekto sa work mo grounds pa rin ba yun para hindi ka matanggap?

Madedetect ba yun sa urine test? I have kasi, wala pa akong enough money to cure it as in lazer don't know the exact name of the procedure.

Ano ba magandang gawin para hindi madetect yun sa urine test? Can drinking sterilize milk change the result of your urine test?

BPO associate nga pala ang work ko nasa training pa lang. :)
  • knight28knight28 Member PExer
    paano kung asthma??
    ^.........
  • mazdamazdamazdamazda Member PExer
    For asthma? It highly depends on what kind of work you are applying for...

For IT-related work, that's not really that applicable. I know a lot of people with asthma.
    mazdamazda wrote: »
    For asthma? It highly depends on what kind of work you are applying for...

For IT-related work, that's not really that applicable. I know a lot of people with asthma.

eh for back office support jobs? phone banking? thanks for answering!
  • mangga123mangga123 Member PExer
    ok lang ba hindi sabihin sa medical exam that u already undergo surgery? tnx

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file