CC | That requires no signature?

aNdyV.aNdyV. Kantar Worldpanel - FQC
http://pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420044

"some credit cards like Citibank has your pics. Wala akong sign sa mga credit cards ko. Nakalagay ask for IDs.

Tsaka medyo di naman ako mag alala kasi pag may gumamit na di sa iyo madali lang naman e reverse at di ka sisingilin kung mapatunayan mo na di sa iyo. Like, at one time, may credit card numbers were stolen and was used to buy pizza everyday @ 60$. Pag nagpadeliver ka kasi ng pizza thru the phone, numbers lang naman ang hihingiin kaya nakalusot. I did not notice it until I got my statement. Siguro araw araw nagpizza si mokong hanggang magtae. They reversed all the transaction at wala akong binayaran ni singko"

I just want to quote the person who replied to the link above. He posted last to the topic in the link..

He said, he doesn't put signature at the back of his credit cards?
Is that possible in the Philippines? Especially if you'll use that at SM Malls.

Do you think by doing that it will make your card more secured or will just compromise even more the security of the card?

Comments

• jiminabottlejiminabottle Conspicuously consumptive PExer
    Doing that makes your credit card invalid. Right beside the signature box, it says "Not Valid Unless Signed". So unless your true signature really reads "ASK FOR IDs", you're using a credit card that is not valid.
  • lechon xlechon x Olats ✭✭✭
    ^it's accepted in Tate although most does not ask for ID or even bother to look at the back. Swipe lang ng swipe.
  • maxmillermaxmiller Member PExer
    lechon x wrote: »
    ^it's accepted in Tate although most does not ask for ID or even bother to look at the back. Swipe lang ng swipe.

Kaya maraming card fraud sa States e.:rotflmao:
  • illuminaillumina L'enfer, c'est les autres ✭✭✭
    aNdyV. wrote: »
    http://pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420044
    He said, he doesn't put signature at the back of his credit cards?
    Is that possible in the Philippines? Especially if you'll use that at SM Malls.

Do you think by doing that it will make your card more secured or will just compromise even more the security of the card?

I know some people in the US who don't sign the backs of their bank cards, both credit and ATM, with the logic that once they sign the cards and in the event they get stolen, their signatures get compromised and are susceptible to forgery. It'll be easier, ideally, to prove credit card fraud by checking the bank's records with whatever signature the forger had used (except if the card was used online...).
  • tennisacetennisace Der Kommissar ✭✭✭
    Putting your signature on the back of the card is not a protection against credit card fraud or identity theft. Once an identity thief assumes your identity, it really doesn't make sense for them to forge your signature. They can simply sign your name in their handwriting without arousing any suspicions. So, if your credit card or ATM card is stolen, immediately call the card issuer and report it, and monitor your credit reports for any suspicious activity.
  • CrisarCrisar Member PExer
    Since changing my card few years back with a microchip/encrypted credit card, signature at the back is not that necessary.

No need to sign anyway in any receipt during purchase coz only have to enter the credit card PIN.:)

TS, but him not signing at the back makes sense though.:) Incompetence allowed forgery to occur.
    maxmiller wrote: »
    Kaya maraming card fraud sa States e.:rotflmao:
    madali lang magpa reverse tsong
    I know some people in the US who don't sign the backs of their bank cards, both credit and ATM, with the logic that once they sign the cards and in the event they get stolen, their signatures get compromised and are susceptible to forgery. It'll be easier, ideally, to prove credit card fraud by checking the bank's records with whatever signature the forger had used (except if the card was used online...).

pag ginamit sa online, usually now it ask for expiration date and ZIP code ng owner. Pag di nagkatugma, decline yata. Some don't deliver to a different address. Dapat sa address lang ng CC owner on file. But smart pa rin ang mga mokong may nakakalusot pa rin.
  • lyrahslyrahs Member ✭✭
    Crisar wrote: »
    Since changing my card few years back with a microchip/encrypted credit card, signature at the back is not that necessary.

No need to sign anyway in any receipt during purchase coz only have to enter the credit card PIN.:)

TS, but him not signing at the back makes sense though.:) Incompetence allowed forgery to occur.

BPI Edge CCs already have microchip but I still have to sign.
    Here in the UK, almost all CCs are with microship and you just have to enter the CC PIN
  • huntfanhuntfan Banned by Admin PExer
    ^ Same thing here in Doha, Qatar. Credit cards have microchip so instead of signature on the receipt, you are required to punch in your ATM PIN. I think safer ito compared sa signature. :D
    sa Tate, you dont have to enter a pin except if its a debit card. I dont even know any pin on my cards.

Swipe ng swipe lang. I notice now that some establishement dont even ask for signature when its less than 50$. Meron kasing insurance ang card na if the purchase is less than 50$, e re-reverse kasi nila agad basta ma prove mo lang. Papaano mo kaya ma prove eh wala ka signature? :eek: Medyo taasan mo lang boses mo when you call. :naughty:

takutan lang pala :lol:
  • Strong7PowerStrong7Power Member PEx Moderator
    EMV-Chip CC Below 2K?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file