Home PEx Community PEx Clubs PEx Basketball Club

White vs Green Incident Official Discussion Thread

mc_316 wrote: »
Yung incident sa White vs Green game, sana eh mailathala dito ang buong pangyayari and sana, this time, SEVERE SANCTIONS should be meted out. Di na biro yung nangyayari, ilang beses na may ganyan. Last year may nangyari, too bad di ko na-witness, tapos mere "slap on the wrist" lang ang parusa.

This time, I witnessed the game and the whole incident. Di na "for fun and camaraderie" ang nangyayari eh, parang "win at all costs" na. I understand during the game, minsan mainit talaga laban. Pero dapat, after the game, kamayan at kaibigan na uli. Pero yung nangyari nung Sabado? Di na eh. Kung ganyan din lang, sa inyo na trophy, i'd rather play somewhere else or not play at all.

:rolleyes:

I wasn't there during the game. But, as one of the pioneers of the league, I feel it is my duty to somehow try to preserve the camaraderie between teams/players and somehow uphold whatever purpose we have in holding the league.

The above post is from the "kulitan thread." I was told by those who witnessed the incident/s that the following happened:

- Pao was hit by BBW's elbow, which resulted in a cut.
- Jensen had two flagrant fouls, which I'm told resulted in a one-game suspension.
- Altercation between BBW and Digitalsober
- Altercation between all players

Please post here what you saw, as I also was informed that, unfortunately, the game wasn't videotaped.

From this thread, hopefully we can discuss what can be done about the incident/s (suspensions/sanctions) and what can be done to prevent it/them from happening again.

Kiko will obviously have his hands full with this issue, so I appeal that everyone give him the patience he deserves to get, since he's been working his *** off to make sure we all have a fun league.

As for my opinions/suggestions:
- Teams should meet and voice out their views/concerns, then relay them to the team reps.
- All team reps meet with Kiko and decide (maybe through votes) on all issues.
- Put all decisions in writing. Post all decisions in the forum.

Also, this thread is not for personal attacks on players. For once, I will be serious and impose this rule and request the deletion of "off-topic/personal attacks" posts.

All for the love of basketball and friends,
Allen Samson

:imu:

Comments

• mc_316mc_316 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Well for one, I do hope that the main protagonists be the ones to shed more light into this incident(s).
  • boytoy1411boytoy1411 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    As requested by MC_316 in our thread, i'll post this post-game summary of what happened last saturday. I'll try to be as accurate as possible:

The game last saturday between White and Green started well, With both teams trading baskets and playing good defense. The game started to get ugly in the second quarter when Jensen hacked Obi as he drove to the basket, it was a hard foul but obviously no intention to harm. We called on Obi and told him to just take things in stride as we all know Green plays hard physical defense. Then a few minutes later in the same 2nd quarter, we were hit again numerous times by the same player, i was hit twice, but still, i felt it was part of the game. Then somewhere near the midway point of the quarter, there was a loose ball struggle, the refs called for a jumpball, but then, Jensen hit two of our players, me and i think it was xtian. It was a clear second motion already. I told him why he needed to do that, there was already a call, and we are 2 small players (me and ian), his reply started it all, he said that he hit us because we were holding on to his arms... it started the trash talking. Being a trash talker myself, i wouldn't let my team be bullied around, so i talked some smack back to him and especially BBW as he joined the fray. In the third canto, as the trash talking continue and as my team continued to stay within striking distance with them, Jensen angrily told me that "Ibabaon kita mamaya" and BBW with his usual trash talking self also, continued pointing at the score and telling me that they're still in the lead, of course i always answer back, and told him, "hindi nyo naman kami matambakan" and he said he wont let me score anymore and that they would bury our team. He also kept on telling Obi everytime he drives to the basket that he should drive, coz "mamamatay ka dyan"...Then the dirty plays came, if im not mistaken, the first Flagrant foul on Jensen came near the end of the 3rd, as he tried to trip Obi who was going for a fastbreak. In the fourth quarter, the trash talking continued, up to the point where the refs and committee called on both team capts to tell them the trash talking should stop and they would give a technical for every word uttered. I for myself stopped it, at least not in a hearing distance from the refs, and so did the other team. But obviously, the other team was not in the mood for basketball anymore, 1st, Jensen was called for his 2nd flagrant foul for elbowing blueheaven in the face, then BBW was called for an ordinary foul for "accidentally" hitting pao in the face with his elbow, causing a 2 inch cut that bled profusely. We can accept the "accidental" angle, but what BBW said as his excuse was sooo wrong, when our Team Capt Digs confrontd him about it, his response was....... (rolling of drums).... he did it because I was talking smack too much!!!! again, WTF!!! Ok, the game continued and we fought them tooth and nails, and in the end, we cme out with a 2pt win... As we congratulated ourselves, we went to the other team, and I told BBW,, i even tried to shake his hand, then I told him to just accept the defeat and turned my back... As i got near our bench, I talked to Louielong as he was congratulating us, but lo and behold, BBW came charging like a crazy wild bull trying to get to me, I just stood my ground and looked at him dead in the eye. Well, he did get close enough to me to reach me but fortunately (for the both of us), he was not able to lay a hand on me... and that was that....

This is the most accurate account of the incident that i could recall, if there were some mistakes, correct me, just make sure that facts are not obscured, as there were more than 50 witnesses that saw what happened.
  • wala ako dun sa game pero feeling ko may mali din yung mga refs natin the way they call this season medyo maluwag sila tumawag hence nagkakaroon ng mga ganitong incidents walang masama to let us play our games pero kung nakikita na nilang medyo out of hand na yung mga nangyayari baka naman pwede nilang iprevent agad observation ko lang yan :D
  • Mike: Great suggestion that all involved should shed light to the incident last Saturday. I am all for it.

Let me start of by saying that the Green vs White game was a great game. We led by 12(?) midway through the game and the Arsenals through their teamwork willed their way to a victory. Never mind the score. A win is a win. Hats off to the White team.

Ang galing ni Obi. Lahat ng tira nya, challenged na, pasok pa din. Tama yung suggestion ni Jeff and Rain na Obi should be MVP.

On physical play and trash talking - regardless how much we tell our teams and our players to refrain from physical play and trash talking, I believe the only people who will be able to police us from doing so would be the referees. This is their main responsibility and that is part of the reason why they are there in the first place. We may talk and discuss it numerous times, but the bottom line is if our referees don't enforce what needs to be enforced, we are only beating a dead horse.

On my 'intentional foul' on Pao - Let us get our facts straight. I wasn't given a foul on the said play. The foul called was a blocking foul on Joe. I wasn't even given a continuation play (basket plus free throws) because the foul wasn't on Pao. You can't go drive soft if the players guarding you are Joe and Pao. Joe was the primary defender on the post, Pao helped out. Unfortunately, when I drove past Joe, Pao and I collided mid-air which resulted to a cut. After Pao checked back into the game, I tapped Pao to apologize. It was unintentional. Pao and I have had multiple games against each other and I know that Pao can be physical as well. The incident was unforseen and unfortunate.

Regarding the incidents, let us focus on our concerns:
    (1) Two technical fouls on Jensen.
    (2) Post game incident between myself and Jeff.

What fines/suspensions should be meted out based on our league rules?

Whatever the decision of the board on the above-mentioned matter, so be it.
  • It really sounded like the refs were a bit "soft" during the game... I wasn't there... pero at least mas na enforce yung authority nila sana at the time... anyways, a lot of things can happen if the intensity of the game was that high... I'm sure everyone will reach a great deal of respect and understanding with this issue...
    bigbadwolf wrote: »
    Mike: Great suggestion that all involved should shed light to the incident last Saturday. I am all for it.

Let me start of by saying that the Green vs White game was a great game. We led by 12(?) midway through the game and the Arsenals through their teamwork willed their way to a victory. Never mind the score. A win is a win. Hats off to the White team.

Ang galing ni Obi. Lahat ng tira nya, challenged na, pasok pa din. Tama yung suggestion ni Jeff and Rain na Obi should be MVP.

On physical play and trash talking - regardless how much we tell our teams and our players to refrain from physical play and trash talking, I believe the only people who will be able to police us from doing so would be the referees. This is their main responsibility and that is part of the reason why they are there in the first place. We may talk and discuss it numerous times, but the bottom line is if our referees don't enforce what needs to be enforced, we are only beating a dead horse.

On my 'intentional foul' on Pao - Let us get our facts straight. I wasn't given a foul on the said play. The foul called was a blocking foul on Joe. I wasn't even given a continuation play (basket plus free throws) because the foul wasn't on Pao. You can't go drive soft if the players guarding you are Joe and Pao. Joe was the primary defender on the post, Pao helped out. Unfortunately, when I drove past Joe, Pao and I collided mid-air which resulted to a cut. After Pao checked back into the game, I tapped Pao to apologize. It was unintentional. Pao and I have had multiple games against each other and I know that Pao can be physical as well. The incident was unforseen and unfortunate.

Regarding the incidents, let us focus on our concerns:
    (1) Two technical fouls on Jensen.
    (2) Post game incident between myself and Jeff.

What fines/suspensions should be meted out based on our league rules?

Whatever the decision of the board on the above-mentioned matter, so be it.

thanks for the correction on the foul part... it was indeed a classic game, it was really unfortunate that things got out of hand a bit...
  • ok everyone,
    here's the issue
    issue 1: jensen's 2 technical fouls
    issue 2: boytoy and bigbadwolf

the 2 technical fouls called on jensen04 will result to a one game suspension for the Spartans forward/guard

Bigbadwolf will likewise be given a one game suspension for his actions after the game. Furthermore, another incident like that "sugod incident" will mean that he will be suspended for one season . Another incident like that after the suspension for one season then he will not be allowed to play in the league already

For boytoy1411 you will be given a warning for the trashtalk. There's no room for trashtalk in the league as we are promoting camaraderie.

let me rephrase that ...all players from now on are warned

All the players caught (by the refs or me personally) trashtalking will be given a technical foul immediately and may be suspended (suspension upon approval of the board)

I will have to remind the refs again to call a technical foul on trashtalkers. If the player refused to stop trashtalking he may be thrown out of the game.

Guys let's enjoy the games. Walang angasan. No talking trash here kahit hindi ka nagumpisa etc.

Last Saturday's game was an intense one. Both teams wanted to win the game badly. I salute the teams for giving their everything in the game but let's all remember we came here to enjoy the game we love to play and not hurt each other physically or mentally.

- this decision is with approval of the board representatives excluding reps from Arsenals and Spartans

Some notes, I noticed that the refs were somehow lenient on some calls parang hinahayaan nila maging physical. I will instruct them to be more strict lalo na we're entering the playoff stage.

Second, now this is my point of view. yung cut na natamo ni pao i believe is aksidente lang. it's just that it happened when the game was somehow mainit na. i even consulted the referee who was in front of the action and he too insisted it was not intentional. It's Sad to see na mangyari yun kay Pao which is one of the nicest persons in the league.

OK na. May decision na. Let's all move on.

GOOD LUCK SA LAHAT SA QUARTERS AND SEMIS!!!

• 2nd round ng elimination pa lang allen, malayo pa ang quarters and semis
  • gamberrogamberro PEx Rookie ⭐
    ???

:shrug:
    ^^ Ampf!!! :glee:
    Pano ba yan, naulit na naman, nagkahamunan at habulan na naman daw. Palalagpasin ba natin uli ito? I think not!:no:
    mainit ang laro kanina. ;)
  • zschownhe wrote: »
    2nd round ng elimination pa lang allen, malayo pa ang quarters and semis

EMER SUCKS!

• What is Emer sucking on?
This discussion has been closed.