Home PEx Business and Careers Pinoy Careers

CIMA Membership for PICPA Members

Larry TanLarry Tan PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
edited March 25 in Pinoy Careers
The Chartered Institute of Managements Accountants (CIMA) is now offering membership to PICPA members.

As a PICPA member, you are eligible for eight paper exemptions from the CIMA qualification, i.e., all five papers of the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting, Paper 1 (Management Accounting Performance Evaluation), Paper 7 (Financial Accounting & Tax Principles), and Paper 8 (Financial Analysis) of the Managerial level.

A PICPA member need to take the remaining (1) 3 papers for the Managerial Level, (2) 3 papers of the strategic level & the TOPCIMA.

The papers under the managerial levels are:
Paper 2 - Management Accounting Decision Management
Paper 4 - Organizational Management & Information Systems
Paper 5 - Integrated Management

Papers under the strategic levels are:
Paper 6 - Management Accounting Business Strategy
Paper 3 - Management Accounting Risk & Control Strategy
Paper 9 - Management Accounting Financial Strategy

and the Test of Professional Competence in Management Accounting (TOPCIMA)

Papers 2, 4, 5 can be taken separately, Papers 6, 3 & 9 must be take together. Once you pass all of these papers, that's the only time you can take the final paper - TOPCIMA.

The exemption for 3 papers will be granted only to those who will register for the exam on or before December 31, 2009.

For more information, get a brochure from PICPA office.

Comments

• Larry TanLarry Tan PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Sorry for the typo errors & grammatical lapses, ang labo na ng mga mata ko.
    CIMA Fees: (2009) in British pounds
    Registration Fees 58
    Subscription fees 87
    Exemption fees - CBA 41
    Managerial level 67
    Exam fees - Managerial level 67
    Strategic level 72
    TOPCIMA 92

Exams are held twice a year in May & November. You should register as a CIMA student by the following dates if you want to enter for the corresponding exam sittings:
    May exams Register by January 31
    November exams Register by July 31
  • nku sir, magkanu naman ang damage nyan if you translate into pesos
    nku sir, magkanu naman ang damage nyan if you translate into pesos

P75 yata ang conversion rate. Mas mura na yan kumpara mo sa CFA na 3 levels. Besides, malaki value-added nito sa company na papasukan mo. Check mo body of knowledge nila, better than CMA Australia or U.S.A.
    Hi guys, I suggest you take this exam, kahit paisa-isa lang ang papers, di naman kelangan sabay-sabay lahat.
  • Larry Tan wrote: »
    Hi guys, I suggest you take this exam, kahit paisa-isa lang ang papers, di naman kelangan sabay-sabay lahat.

Sir may review po ba yan? and if ever meron magkano po gagastusin and san pwede maginquire about the review?

Thanks.
    eib wrote: »
    Sir may review po ba yan? and if ever meron magkano po gagastusin and san pwede maginquire about the review?

Thanks.

Nagbabalak mag set-up ng review ang PICPA, pero I think they don't have the numbers. So self-review lang pero merong online review $50 per paper yata. Let me check the materials I got from PICPA. Will get back to you tomorrow.
  • sir sana PICPA can provide the payment schemes, like if one paper lang muna how much, so far kasi pinaka affordable pa din for me ang CIA exam, im planning to take CIMA din if affordable, tnx

and more info please, i already have some CIMA materials pero as we have chat before magbabago ang structure nito for 2010, so we are hoping you can provide us more feedback on this

i will also try to call picpa later!
    sir sana PICPA can provide the payment schemes, like if one paper lang muna how much, so far kasi pinaka affordable pa din for me ang CIA exam, im planning to take CIMA din if affordable, tnx

and more info please, i already have some CIMA materials pero as we have chat before magbabago ang structure nito for 2010, so we are hoping you can provide us more feedback on this

i will also try to call picpa later!

Maraming brochures sa PICPA, suggest ko kausapin mo si Atty Kiko Gonzales. He is the point person for CIMA certification.
  • sir,
    any updates for the benefit of our fellowe pexers?
    sir,
    any updates for the benefit of our fellowe pexers?

There is an online review program at www.cimastudy.com. Cost is 50 British pounds per paper.
  • Salamat Sir
  • hmmm... this is interesting. masubukan nga rin :)
  • hi, if youwant to take the CIMA by May 2010 it is adviseable to prepare now, grabe ang syllabus nito combination ng CPA board exam at compre sa MBA! mababaliw na ako kakaaral!
    hi, if youwant to take the CIMA by May 2010 it is adviseable to prepare now, grabe ang syllabus nito combination ng CPA board exam at compre sa MBA! mababaliw na ako kakaaral!

Hi Ida, di naman talaga siya nakakabaliw, sa 6 papers ng managerial level, exempted na tayo sa 3 papers, the other 3 you can take one at a time but the next 3 papers must be taken all at the same time, once you pass the strategic level, that's the time you can take the TOPCIMA.
  • melodymedleymelodymedley PEx Rookie ⭐
    Hello fellow CPAs!
    This is the first time I've heard about CIMA. This is the first time this is offered in the Philippines, right?

I am also interested in taking the CMA. I am just wondering kung anong pagkakaiba nila.

A Certified Management Accountant is part of the management team, focusing on business strategy and strategic decision-making.

CIMA will give you the key strategic, financial and management skills you need to succeed in many areas of business.

Can anyone enlighten me what's the difference between the two? :)
  • hi, melody

tnx for posting your comments regarding CMA and CIMA, wait lang tayo ng konti, i hope someone will clarify the matters you have raised.

paging sir larry! i hope you find time to answer this
  • Hello fellow CPAs!
    This is the first time I've heard about CIMA. This is the first time this is offered in the Philippines, right?

I am also interested in taking the CMA. I am just wondering kung anong pagkakaiba nila.

A Certified Management Accountant is part of the management team, focusing on business strategy and strategic decision-making.

CIMA will give you the key strategic, financial and management skills you need to succeed in many areas of business.

Can anyone enlighten me what's the difference between the two? :)

Ang important difference noong dalawa ay yun body giving the exams.

CMA is the exam given by US IMA (Institute of Management Accountants).

yun CIMA given by UK.

Mayroon din CMA given by Australia.

At the end of the day, they all cover topics under the broad scope of Management Accounting.

You can compare it with MBA offered by DLSU, UST, UP, AIM and Ateneo etc.. They all offer the same title but may kaibahan sa content, delivery etc. So iba iba rin ang level of perception.

Hope this helps
  • anthonxanthonx PEx Rookie ⭐
    Hmmm. CIMA, ACCA and etc. Ang hirap naman pala mag decide kung ano dapat mong kunin para as early as now, makapag start na mag review. Question lang sana. If you want to work abroad, most probably sa Singapore or Dubai/Qatar. What is the most likely certification to get para maka kuha ka agad ng job. Anyway, nasa audit ako ngayon and before that galing ng accounting sa bank.
  • this is interesting kaya lang patayan na naman ngayon kasi busy namin ngayon. wala akong time mag review.