COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

40 ft. shipping container as house

was wondering kung may gumagawa ba dito sa atin ng converted na container vans as house,

kasi rent lang namin itong bahay, medyo luma na at binabaha hanggang tuhod nitong kay Ondoy.

malaki ang lot area but house is really old.

naisip ko baka pwedeng yung container van gawin bahay tapos pag ayaw na namin dito pwedeng buong bahay ilipat hehehe

maganda din designs http://www.lwarc.com/bg.html

http://www.zigloo.ca/index/projects/Interior_Finished

Comments

• cyberfunkcyberfunk "It's just a flesh wound.." PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yes that seems to be a trend nowadays. It started with those factory outlets then some bar and grills like pier 1. Some cottages in camarines sur are made from 20ft container vans. I've designed a few myself from a 2 bedroom 40 footer to a bachelor pad 20 footer, Internet cafe's and satellite offices.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    I am curious. Would you need a building permit to install one? WHat about an occupancy permit? I bet the municipal engineers don't have much experience dealing with these things.
    I think you can skip the comstruction permit but the occupancy you need to apply for the permanent application of utilities. I've been playing around with it for quite awhile.

containervan1.jpg

containervan2.jpg
    Those are for 20 footer van. Imagine if you have a 40 footer..
  • feifeikoklandfeifeikokland Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    its so cutie!!!
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    so.. where do you intend to park the container?
    so.. where do you intend to park the container?

Ah he he it doesn't come with a trailer. They will deliver it to you with a crane. Any vacant lot or a farm. You can elevate the platform so you can park a car under it. So it you lease the lot you can just load it up again at the back of a rented trailer and take the whole thing somewhere else. Welcome back to the Home and Garden thread Beerhandbop.
  • asiastreakasiastreak Member PExer
    and you could go multi-level pa. *okay*
  • summit012summit012 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    @ cyberfunk

how will you insulate the container? what material did you use?
    how about the sewer?

btw how much does one 20' cost? 40'?
    You can just double wall from the inside. A gypsum board will do with a light gauge GI metal framing pretty cheap. For sewer and wast water just bore a whole through the floor and buy one of those plastic septic tanks or have one dug up and made. The cost depends on the condition of the van. Last time I heard, you can have one for 40K. The prices might risen but still it's a lot cheaper than having the same space made by other construction means.
  • tholits1224tholits1224 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    impulzz wrote: »
    was wondering kung may gumagawa ba dito sa atin ng converted na container vans as house,

kasi rent lang namin itong bahay, medyo luma na at binabaha hanggang tuhod nitong kay Ondoy.

malaki ang lot area but house is really old.

naisip ko baka pwedeng yung container van gawin bahay tapos pag ayaw na namin dito pwedeng buong bahay ilipat hehehe

maganda din designs http://www.lwarc.com/bg.html

http://www.zigloo.ca/index/projects/Interior_Finished

may alam ako isang company ganito ang business.

try po ninyo puntahan sa Mall of Asia... South Lane kahilera lang siya ng mga ibat ibang stores doon like LBC, laundry...

from South Parking area tawid lang going to Deaprtment Store South entrance... opposite of SMX.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Do these containers need to be bolted down to some kind of foundation or can they just lie on flat ground?
  • jaygrahamjaygraham My dog's name is Stoli PEx Rookie ⭐
    They have been using the containers for uni accommodation overseas http://www.keetwonen.nl/html_en/index.html
  • jmpet626jmpet626 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    di ba sya maingay pag umulan? Dapat may deadening material para di mag resonate yung tunog dun sa metal skin nya
    I remember during high school days, we have new classmate from Bicol, since yung father niya ay Professor sa College... ganito ang bahay nila sa Teacher's Village until today may naiiwan pang 7 units ng ganito bahay sa Cavite State University.

218204749f626165615o.jpg
    KuyaDanny wrote: »
    Do these containers need to be bolted down to some kind of foundation or can they just lie on flat ground?

Hindi kayang itumba na bagyo yan sir kung isang unit lang. May foundation din sya para may ground clearance so pwede na kahit anchor bolt.
    jmpet626 wrote: »
    di ba sya maingay pag umulan? Dapat may deadening material para di mag resonate yung tunog dun sa metal skin nya

Pwedeng mag sandwich ng rockwool between the gypsum and wall for sound proofing and thermal resistance. Pero thick ang gauge nito kaya medyo muffled na rin ang ingay.
  • summit012summit012 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    @ cyberfunk

rockwool?
    is this a generic name?
    is this similar to styro sandwiched by foil?
    where to buy?

do you have designs for 40' ?
  • Papichulo168Papichulo168 Simplified. PExer
    Magkano ba ang isang 20ft container van? Dapat ganito na lang i-provide na housing sa mga Ondoy flood victims.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file