Home PEx Business and Careers Pinoy Careers

Management Advisory Services

edited March 25 in Pinoy Careers
hi guys. i'm a 3rd yr accountancy student and i will take my auditing theory and mas this 2nd sem. What books can you recommend for me? I'm planning to buy my own book for advance readings. Thanks po.

Comments

• moxie>> wrote: »
    hi guys. i'm a 3rd yr accountancy student and i will take my auditing theory and mas this 2nd sem. What books can you recommend for me? I'm planning to buy my own book for advance readings. Thanks po.

sa textbook MAS by roque tapos aud theory nila salosagcol. try mo yung MAS and auditing theory reviewer ni bobadilla.*okay*
  • MAS dean bobadz at un CMA reviewer is a nice tandem

auditing theory, try salosagcol, hermosilla and tiu, plus auditing ng wiley cpa
  • moxie>> wrote: »

Since first time mo, you can start with Roque. Bobad's rev is really nice, pero dahil nga first time mo, huwag na muna. Maganda din *** quizzer ni Sir Larry, walang solution pero may answer. Para sa mga MAS lover tlaga un. You can try the quizzer if marunong ka na talaga sa MAS.

Sa Audit Theory, huwag muna magreviewer. Understand the concepts first, huwag magmemorize. Salogsagcol's book is friendly. After understanding the concepts, you can start answering the reviewer of Bobadilla.

Kaya mo yan.;)
  • At yes, tama, try wiley para sa internal control na topics, including evidence. Maganda.
  • MAS - I would suggest you read foreign books (Warren, Louderback etc.). Costly but definitely good investments.

Auditing Theory - Look for Ricchiute or the book of Arens, Elders and Beasley. Match it with Salosagcol, Hermosilla and Tiu.

Since you are still undergrad, it will be beneficial for you to understand the core of the topics. Then constantly practice by solving problems on the suggested reviewers above.

Ewan ko na lang kung di ka pa gumaling sa MAS at AT niyan. hehehe!
  • Louderback was my favorite. I second the idea that you read foreign books for MAS. They don't only show "skeletal computations" but they have nice discussions and cases too. Good luck!
  • ^My favorite too. And Garrison din pala :)
  • Mangandang tandem for MAS >>> Garisson + Hilton + CMA
  • ^My favorite too. And Garrison din pala :)

good to know there's someone else who loves the book like me :D I like mas a lot. It has a very wholistic approach to accounting--lots of room for out of the box thinking
  • namie_a wrote: »
    good to know there's someone else who loves the book like me :D I like mas a lot. It has a very wholistic approach to accounting--lots of room for out of the box thinking

Yeah. Sa sobrang favorite ko sa MAS, one summer vacation nung college pa ako, araw-araw nandun ako sa bakanteng bahay sa likod ng bahay namin kapiling ko sina Louderback, Garrison and Noreen. One month straight ko silang pinag-aralan. hehe! Creative kasi ang MAS, walang iniimpose. Out of the box thinking is welcome. Plus you get to know the operations, administrative and management side of the business pa :)
  • Yeah. Sa sobrang favorite ko sa MAS, one summer vacation nung college pa ako, araw-araw nandun ako sa bakanteng bahay sa likod ng bahay namin kapiling ko sina Louderback, Garrison and Noreen. One month straight ko silang pinag-aralan. hehe! Creative kasi ang MAS, walang iniimpose. Out of the box thinking is welcome. Plus you get to know the operations, administrative and management side of the business pa :)

hehehe :D halos pareho tayo... the best yung "walang iniimpose" :D
  • Hello! Please post here all related Management Advisory Services Problems you have encountered that are difficult for you.
  • Sir ano po ang mga pagaaralan sa MAS? Makukuha ko po siya next semester pero hindi ko po alam iexpect sa subject na yan..thanks
  • pls. pakisagot po..

investment P300,000
    Revenues P190,000
    Variable Cost P50,000
    Fxd out of Pocket cost P25,000
    Weighted Ave. Cost of Cap 8%
    Tax Rate 40%

The property is considered 5 years property for tax purposes. The company plans to dispose of the property at the end of 3rd year. Salvage value at that time is expected to be P60,000. Assume all cash flow occur at the end of the year.

NPV of Project?
  • aayyy22 wrote: »
    pls. pakisagot po..

investment P300,000
    Revenues P190,000
    Variable Cost P50,000
    Fxd out of Pocket cost P25,000
    Weighted Ave. Cost of Cap 8%
    Tax Rate 40%

The property is considered 5 years property for tax purposes. The company plans to dispose of the property at the end of 3rd year. Salvage value at that time is expected to be P60,000. Assume all cash flow occur at the end of the year.

NPV of Project?

What is the property? land or building or other type of asset? What depreciation method will be used if ever? Medyo malabo ang construction of the problem :(

Anyway, the approach to the problem will still be NPV = PV of All cashflows (annual cashflow + salvage value at the end of 3 years) less Initial Investment.
  • Slam Eagle wrote: »
    Sir ano po ang mga pagaaralan sa MAS? Makukuha ko po siya next semester pero hindi ko po alam iexpect sa subject na yan..thanks
    Management Advisory Services normally contains managerial decisions. Covered dito ang Cost Accounting, which I believe, na nakuha mo na bago ka pa pumasok sa MAS. Andito Financial Statement Analysis, Capital Budgeting etc. If you want to have the full details, try mo kumuha ng syllabus sa PRC. coverage ng exam for MAS para may ant's view ka na.
  • I find standard costing quite difficult for me especially on the factory overhead variances. Ayokong magmemorize ng formulas so I try to figure the logic of some. I hope you will help me with this query.

Volume Variance:

Budget allowance based on std. hours xx
    Less: std. hours x FOH rate xx
    Volume variance xx

My question: What's the logic behind the formula? Parehong budgeted kasi ang napansin ko. FOH rate= predetermined overhead rate tapos budgeted allowance pa. So bakit mo pa i leless ang parehong budgeted? According to a Filipino author, fixed FOH is applied to production AS IF it were a variable cost with no further explanation. I hope you might help me. Many thanks for those who will answer. ^_^
  • Larry TanLarry Tan PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Kuya_mo wrote: »
    I find standard costing quite difficult for me especially on the factory overhead variances. Ayokong magmemorize ng formulas so I try to figure the logic of some. I hope you will help me with this query.

Volume Variance:

Budget allowance based on std. hours xx
    Less: std. hours x FOH rate xx
    Volume variance xx

My question: What's the logic behind the formula? Parehong budgeted kasi ang napansin ko. FOH rate= predetermined overhead rate tapos budgeted allowance pa. So bakit mo pa i leless ang parehong budgeted? According to a Filipino author, fixed FOH is applied to production AS IF it were a variable cost with no further explanation. I hope you might help me. Many thanks for those who will answer. ^_^

Mali kasi ang formula mo: Ang short-cut formula ay:

Budgeted fixed overhead (which is a full amount)
    Less: Applied fixed overhead (Standard hrs. allowed x predetermined FIXED overhead rate)

Another formula na gamit sa two-way or three-way variance ay:

Budgeted OH based on standard hours
    Less Applied OH based on standard hours

ang budgeted OH may 2 component - the budgeted fixed OH, which is the same amount regardless of the activity level and the standard hours times standard VARIABLE OH rate

Ang applied OH based on standard hours ay standard hours x predetermined overhead rate (both fixed & variable)
  • Salamat po Sir Larry! Iyang formula na po iyan ay galing sa Filipino author. Kaya pala hindi ko maintindihan. Maraming salamat po. ^_^
  • Larry TanLarry Tan PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Kuya_mo wrote: »
    Salamat po Sir Larry! Iyang formula na po iyan ay galing sa Filipino author. Kaya pala hindi ko maintindihan. Maraming salamat po. ^_^

At sino namang Filipino author ang gustong magpahamak sa iyo? PM mo na lang sa akin. Baka siya lang nakakaintindi sa ingles niya. :rotflmao: