Home PEx International Entertainment International TV
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

[ABC] The Middle

forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
edited April 2018 in International TV #1
from Wikipedia

Frankie and her husband, Mike, have lived in Orson, Indiana their whole lives. A man of few words (every one a zinger), Mike is a manager at the town quarry and Frankie is the third-best used car salesman (out of the three) at the local dealership. She may not be a high-powered career woman, but when it comes to her family, she'll go to just about any length. And with kids like these, she had better. There's Axl, her semi-nudist teenage son conceived with Guns N' Roses playing a significant role; Sue, the awkward teenage daughter who fails at everything with great gusto; and their seven-year-old son Brick, whose best friend is his backpack.

47001679jpg

I watched the pilot earlier and I must say I like it too. Perfect combination for ABC's other new sitcom Modern Family. Yes, may similarities talaga with Malcom in the Middle especially the youngest kid, Brick, is so like Malcom's brother Dewey but mas extreme naman yung sa Malcom.

Brick is such an adorable quirky kid. Scrub's The Janitor is also here and is doing a fairly good job. Patricia Heaton did good too although it was a similar role with her Everybody Loves Raymond character.

I miss this kind of family sitcom, there is nothing ground breaking with The Middle but for me it was entertaining to watch and the writing is not that bad either. I hope this show will do well so we could get a full season *okay*

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    The pilot episode got okay ratings, 8.71 million viewers but it was number #1 on its time slot though along with the other new ABC sitcom Hank. I wish more people would catch it though because it is a nice show.
    I love the second episode *okay* It's a good family sitcom, the last part was very heartwarming. I'm glad ABC picked it up for a full season :D
    Ako lang ba talaga nanonood nito dito sa PEx
    :glee:

The third episode is also a solid episode. This show really nailed it how a mother's life is so toxic.
    I'm really enjoying this show, I hope more watch this one :D
  • been watching this since episode 2 (i missed the premiere)...the kids are a little bit outlandish character-wise (especially axl), but as for frankie (patricia heaton), nararamdaman mo 'yung feeling niyang, how she wants to be able to do ALL her responsibilities, so much that you think that she sometimes might be biting off more than she can chew.
    Yay, may iba na rin nag comment :D

I like all the kids. Last episode was good, I love Brick such an adorable kid.
    The thanksgiving episode was great *okay*
    LOL @ Sue's boyfriend :rotfl:
    New episode on January 6 :bounce:
    Renewed for a second season, yay :D
    Betty White will be a guest star sa season finale :bounce:

http://the-middle-abc.com/betty-white-the-middle
    Great to see Alexa Vega from Spy Kids all grown up, she's cute :D
    I adore Brick, love when he whispers :glee: I like Frankie, typical nanay talaga
  • Kelangan ba talagang half-naked palagi si Axl? :glee:
  • The Middle thread! :D

^ Hahaha! Oo nga! :lol: I love this show! Nakakatawa na tapos sa dulo mapapa-aww ka. Hehe! Super cute ni Brick!
  • forg wrote: »
    Betty White will be a guest star sa season finale :bounce:

http://the-middle-abc.com/betty-white-the-middle

wow...lola betty is everywhere...*okay*:glee:
    hot_x wrote: »
    Kelangan ba talagang half-naked palagi si Axl? :glee:

well, unfortunately or otherwise, i think so, kasi mukhang gano'n talaga 'yung pinaka-"feature" ng character niya, being the "resident bum" in the heck family. :naughty:
    Gusto ko yung ex-boyfriend ni Sue, si Brad, sana magpakita pa sya, I love how he and Sue are clueless with his "true colors" :lol:
    I love the season finale, nakakatouch yung story ni Sue :mecry:
    And Betty White as the librarian was cool, love that she whispered to herself too ala Brick
  • mini_stopmini_stop 10th PEx Oscar Pool Top 10
    I hope the show doesn't suffer next season. I hope it survives Survivor. Let's go, ABC Wednesday Comedy block! *okay* :lol:
    ^ I hope so. Really love the Heck family. Sana maganda din yung BETTER TOGETHER para fit sa ABC Wednesday Comedy block :D
    Everybody Loves Raymond reunion!

1z6tyts.gif
    Expect to feel some dj vu when The Middle returns on September 22 with an episode that reunites Patricia Heaton with her Everybody Loves Raymond mother-in-law, Doris Roberts. And for Heaton, it's like old times when her character, Frankie, ends up on the losing side of a battle with Roberts, who plays Brick's teacher Ms. Rinsky, a woman Heaton describes as "very no-nonsense and sick of interfering parents like Frankie."

Executive producer Eileen Heisler adds, "It's a nod to their previous relationship, where [Ms. Rinsky] just kind of makes Frankie spin — she makes her confidence go down the drain rather quickly." Heisler, a self-proclaimed Raymond fan, says she didn't consider having the two get along. "I don't think anyone would have liked that. Patty tries, but I don't think she can ever have the last word with Doris Roberts—not on my watch!"

Yahoo!