Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

Does our society expect more from women than men?

Men and women are playing on equal grounds when we speak of career and academics.

Is equal pressure given to women being good wives and mothers, as opposed to men as husbands and fathers?

Speak your mind.

Comments

• ~Golliwog~Golliwog PEx Rookie ⭐
    Pustahan tayo magkakaroon ng maraming away itong thread na to. :rotflmao:
  • ~Golliwog wrote: »
    Pustahan tayo magkakaroon ng maraming away itong thread na to. :rotflmao:

:lol: that's really inevitable. but i would want to request everyone to respect each other.
  • alremalrem PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    amoy dugo dito :lol:

jowk lang haha
  • ...wakaranai...wakaranai PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    my 2 cents:

our society expects different things from men and women.

it's true that women are expected to be good wives by being faithful, loyal and helpful to their husbands, and are expected to be good mothers by taking care of the children. in return, men are expected to be good fathers and husbands, by supporting their wives, making sure that the children are growing up properly and by working and providing for the family, since it's still not widely accepted for the husband to just stay at home while the wife is working for the family's finances.

but i think it doesn't really have to matter what the society is expecting from the husband and wife. as long as they are able to provide for their children, take care of them and make sure that they grow up to respectable persons, while keeping their own relationship strong and lively, they are able to exceed any expectation, whatever role they took within the household.
  • rickymrickym PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    my 2 cents:

our society expects different things from men and women.

it's true that women are expected to be good wives by being faithful, loyal and helpful to their husbands, and are expected to be good mothers by taking care of the children. in return, men are expected to be good fathers and husbands, by supporting their wives, making sure that the children are growing up properly and by working and providing for the family, since it's still not widely accepted for the husband to just stay at home while the wife is working for the family's finances.

that doesn't exactly hold true now. a lot of women ofw's are working now abroad while their husbands are minding the house.
    but i think it doesn't really have to matter what the society is expecting from the husband and wife. as long as they are able to provide for their children, take care of them and make sure that they grow up to respectable persons, while keeping their own relationship strong and lively, they are able to exceed any expectation, whatever role they took within the household.

yah, it depends what they agree on. but they should really at least verbally agree on their roles if their roles heavily deviate from the 'typical' roles so that there is no misunderstanding.
    rickym wrote: »
    that doesn't exactly hold true now. a lot of women ofw's are working now abroad while their husbands are minding the house.

yah, it depends what they agree on. but they should really at least verbally agree on their roles if their roles heavily deviate from the 'typical' roles so that there is no misunderstanding.

that is true, and i admire husbands who are willing to look after the household while their wives are away to work. but i also hear some people who say negative things about this men. as i said, it's still not widely accepted. some people are okay about this setup, but others are still clinging to the traditional. which is why i also said that the roles of the husband and the wife should not depend on what the society is expecting; it should depend upon their family's needs, and what is more convenient in managing the household.
  • alam buo madla malaki expectations mula babae pak relasyon ang aspeto. pak babae ka... di dapat madungisan iyo sarili at dapat loyal ka iyo kabiyak. pak lalake loko iba babae... kasalanan di kasingbigat kumpara lalake. tawak diyan double standard.

akyen kaibigan doble kita... sobra kanya duling.

kee lee ty
  • BigoteAtBalbasBigoteAtBalbas PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hintay tayo kay AG :lol:
  • kreukkreuk PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    if we don't try to follow the norm... edi walang pressure:love: they can only expect...
  • JUST_JTJUST_JT PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I don't believe society expects more from women than men. However I believe many women expect a lot from themselves. They wish to be able to have it all: a successful career, a well-run household and a happy family.

-Just_JT
    Whilst.many.men.are.happy.scratching.their.hairy.balls.all.day.
  • I blame TV media ...joke :))

"Real men should act like real men" --- colt beer
  • nde na po ata uso yan sa malalaking lunsod... pero sa probinsya pede iba ang expectation dun sa mga babae kesa lalake.
    JUST_JT wrote: »
    I don't believe society expects more from women than men. However I believe many women expect a lot from themselves. They wish to be able to have it all: a successful career, a well-run household and a happy family.
    -Just_JT

i agree. especially during these times that it's not enough if only the husband is working. women pressure themselves to run the household and to help with the finances.
  • Tötóy.Tötóy. PEx Rookie ⭐
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    to what? put some make up on, run on the threadmill once in a while, make us sandwich twice a day, and then open your legs at night? that's not much.

I'm kidding.
  • Alpha_GreenAlpha_Green PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I think it expects more from men. Mas madami kasing standards para maging "tunay na lalalaki" unlike vice versa. There isn't even a thing such as a "tunay na babae". Standards like these (taken from http://tunaynalalake.blogspot.com/)

- Ang tunay na lalake ay di nagte-text-back, maliban na lang kung papasahan ng load. Gayunpaman, laging malabo ang kanyang mga sagot.

- Ang tunay na lalake ay walang abs. (dapat beer belly)

- Ang tunay na lalake ay hindi sumasayaw.

- Ang tunay na lalake ay umaamin lang ng pagkakamali sa kapwa tunay na lalake.

- Ang tunay na lalake ay di naghuhugas ng pinagkainan o nagliligpit ng kanyang mga gamit dahil may babaeng gagawa noon para sa kanya. Mas lalong nagiging tunay ang pagkalalake kung di niya kilala o di niya maalala ang pangalan ng babae
  • AG, society will cease to expect anything from men, if all of them will feel the same as you do. Kudos to those who deviate from AG's beliefs.

Just JT, sometimes women have to work out of necessity, especially when the husband's earnings cannot provide for his family's needs. It is not something we take against our husbands.
  • java_chiqjava_chiq PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    JUST_JT wrote: »

-Just_JT

does it mean that men on the other hand don't expect much?

so so career as long as it pays, as long as the tv and the pc works the house is ok, if the kids eat 3 meals a day that's good enough...
  • siyadosiyado PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    java_chiq wrote: »

so so career as long as it pays, as long as the tv and the pc works the house is ok, if the kids eat 3 meals a day that's good enough...

speaking only for myself, i would say you are partly correct.

my only objective as far as finance is concerned is that it would never be a problem. what i mean by that is that i will be able to amply provide for my family (needs and reasonable wants) and still be able to do the things i want (travel around the world economically) and buy the things i desire (some of them are pretty expensive but rarely decadent).

that being said, i wouldn't say no to an opportunity to earn more than the minimum i'm willing to accept :)
  • JUST_JTJUST_JT PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    java_chiq wrote: »

Many men don't expect much. I have yet to meet a woman "TAMBAY" but have met many men "TAMBAY".

-Just_JT
    Women.don't.have.balls.to.scratch.all.day.