I pray you, in your letters,
When you shall these unlucky deeds relate,
Speak of me as I am; nothing extenuate,
Nor set down aught in malice. Then must you speak
Of one that lov'd not wisely but too well;
Of one not easily jealous, but being wrought,
Perplex'd in the extreme. . . .
-Othello, William Shakespeare-

Just reread Othello and I chanced on this line. This is Othello's "justification" on what he did (read Othello if you want to know what he did). :)

Anyway, have you experienced loving unwisely but too well? Your thoughts. :)

Comments

• pushpoppushpop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^^ unfortunately, yes... masakit, and the feeling is worsened by the self-chastising for being so stupid :(
  • kreukkreuk PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yep!!! no regrets:love:
  • BigoteAtBalbasBigoteAtBalbas PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    punyemas na shakespeare ito pinahihirapan ang mga readers
  • kreukkreuk PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^^^ tsk tsk tsk... :lol:
  • prEttyNdisTressprEttyNdisTress PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I would say I'm currently loving someone unwisely and too well... :(

I know a person in PEX knows all about it.... ;)
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    punyemas na shakespeare ito pinahihirapan ang mga readers

the quote means you love too much, but it many ways stupidly, because you may not have known that the other person don't love you as much, or have made it that it push the other person away.

in laymen's terms, love is that is blind
  • siyadosiyado PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i think most of us have at some point. what differentiates us in this regard is how we react to our hurtful experiences.

some people cut their losses, move on, and just try to become smarter while keeping a positive/objective outlook on love and life in general. this for me is the ideal.

unfortunately, many people become embittered by the experience, which is a sign of emotional weakness and lack of mental fortitude. they are overwhelmed by negative feelings and start building their philosophies around them, oftentimes not even noticing it. a good number of these people will have no qualms passing on the hurt to somebody else thinking they have been hurt themselves, in turn creating more embittered people in the world. i've seen this happen first hand. it's bad shyte if you ask me :lol: