Home PEx Sports NBA

Should the Lakers trade Kobe at the end of the season?

JOE!JOE! PExer
I think they should. He's been destroying team chemistry all year.

Comments

• If they don't win a championship, he'll definitely be up for a trade. If they still win, Phil Jackson should still lock him up and slap him around til he gets it in his brain that the team comes first, not his selfish *****.:angry: The Lakers would still have to look for a player of equal value, or a couple of really high draft picks, or two or three players. The Rock still wants Ray Allen to come to Staples.:D
  • I don't think it's possible with Kobe's salary.
  • If the Lakers don't win a championship this year (as I've said in another thread, they should be the champs this year when they have the 2 best players in the game (skill-wise)), then Kobe must be traded. and who should be traded for Kobe? well there's Payton (he's old and has another attitude problem), Allen, or Kidd (unlikely).
  • j3sj3s PExer
    no. he may be a bit selfish but it helps the team. the team needs him.
  • i don't think so!! i mean, he may be prone to attitude problems and all, but we still cannot deny the fact that this kid is still young... and is still the best shooting guard in the NBA. i mean he is in the position where a young player like him couldn't handle. at a young age, he has won the championship. he is after all a kid... and is already defending the nba championsip.

i know everyone will agree that michael jordan was also immature in his early days in his nba career. he was a ball hog and he averaged 37 points per game in one season but he still didn't win the NBA championship at that time.

if jordan got lucky and has won the NBA championship in his immature days, do you think he would learn and be mature after that? of course not. jordan has learned from experience.. he learned from his mistakes. chicago stuck with him through the rough times. now look at how many championships the bulls has earned in the 90's. the bottomline is: jordan became what he is because he learned from his mistakes.

but this is about kobe... kobe on the other hand, is making mistakes... but it isn't bad at all because mistakes will catapult him to learn and become more mature as a player. why can't we be a little more patient?? simpleng simple ang kasabihan na "Experience is the best teacher." come on guys, why would you want to trade kobe just that easily? even if the lakers lost the championship this year, i would still be rooting for him and the team.

it's clear. Shaq and Kobe has the potential to build a dynasty. kobe may have attitude problems. i'm just saying that we should be a little more patient. it's okay if you hate him, but if you are a laker fan, you should still root for him. why?? because he is part of the heart and core of the lakers. i still want him in the team. if they lost the NBA championship this year, at least i know and i hope that kobe will become a more mature and better player after that.

:goon:
  • As a Laker fan, The Rock roots for the the Lakers, not for someone who will destroy team chemistry each and every time he steps onto the court. Kobe's been in the NBA since 1998. He's been under Phil Jackson's system for over a year. That's more than enough time to realize that he better get his ***** in gear and give the ball up to the MVP first before he takes all his shots. He's selfish now, and the Lakers want championships now. Patience is a nice idea in the NBA if you want to wait a few years for success, but Los Angeles is a town that has had championships nearly every recent decade. They want to win now, and waiting for Kobe to mature is becoming less and less appealing as the team suffers in the process.

The Rock will continue to root for Kobe as a Laker, but to stay a Laker, he better learn that Phil Jackson calls the shots and that Shaquille O'Neal is still the number one option on the team.:angry:
  • fact is rock, he already has matured but maybe he doesn't like the way he's developing. u think he could forget how to run the triangle in less than 5 mos.? yeah the lakers need a ring now and u can blame kobe but he's still important to the team. u wouldn't want to trade him to another team coz there's no 2 guard in the same caliber as Kobe. U want to trade for allen and several draft picks? yeah that'd be good for a couple of games or so. like u said u wanted a ring now. don't want to disrupt the chemistry right? when the lakers are in trouble who's gonna save them? Allen? yeah he's a good shooter but he's not assertive. and watch his d. want to trade him for Kidd?excellent ballhandler but not a good shooter. Payton? yeah he'd fit somehow but who's gonna be the 2 guard? how about marbury? can't play d and he's an on-off player during curnch time.
  • Point taken tar-heelz.;) So what's our solution to the Laker dilemma? Do we force the triangle offense, something that Tex Winter has developed for over 30 years and has worked on the greatest player in basketball history, to change for Kobe? or do we ask, or even beg Kobe to adjust to the triangle, sacrificing his offense and his views on his "development" for the team's good? we all know how assertive and how Kobe can take charge of a game. But, this same assertiveness seems to be hampering Kobe's ability to get along with his teammates. If he does get traded, his future teammates won't be any different, they might even be less tolerant compared to today's Lakers.

For the good of the team, Kobe better understand and learn: it's Phil's rules. You break 'em, you go somewhere else.
  • ....yes we know he can shoot basket in crunch time....he maybe one of the best 2G in NBA today...he can play decent defense....he's talented....but what the LAKERS franchise need is a plyer that is willing to play the system....a decent shooter that can play defense.....a TEAM PLAYER.....and definitely hindi MAYABANG.....kaya dapat ng i-trade sha.....

zschownhe-7.GIF
  • Kobe Bryant is a good player! No doubt about that! Pero kung ganyan ang attitude niya, sinisira niya ang chemistry ng team, sinabe pa niyang boring ang triangle offense, gusto pa mag MVP, and kung matalo ang Lakers ngayon, Ay karapatdapat siyang itrade! Ray Allen? hmmmm.. not bad! Jason Kidd? woohoo! That would be nice too! Imposibleng magbakaw yun! Ibibigay niya ang bola kay Shaq! Alam kong may hihirit diyan na "Whos gonna take the winning shots? crunch time shots?" BS! Anyone could take that If they all have confidence! Kobe Bryant? Kaya naman maraming winning shots yun dahil sya lahat ang tumitira! Gusto niya sa kanya lahat! Diba? I know I'm right this time!
  • RaPRaP PExer
    i think KOBE should stay in Los Angeles ...

he should be in the CLIPPERS team ! :lol:
  • Hmmm!Interesting,Kobe better starting sharing the pill cuz no player in this league has job security anymore. This is Shaq team, like it or not. The other players respond better to Shaq than they do with Kobe, He's just too young or too stuck on himself to see otherwise if he wants his own team the Wizards and Bulls are listening to offers.

:D
  • I doubt that gonna happen. There's no sense in trading off the league's top scorer for somebody else. During the early Chicago Bulls era, MJ was the league's top scorer, taking them to the play-offs but never the championship, but did they trade him? They just took their time and built up the team around Jordan until a good line-up was formed to finally do their championship run.

With Kobe and Shaq around, the Lakers are already as formidable as any team could be. Granted they lack cohesion nowadays but with the play-offs so close, management's gonna make the players get their stuff together for their title defense. What's probably gonna happen is at the end of the season, the team's gonna go on a team-building seminar and iron out their kinks among them.

Another issue is the salary cap. Unless a team's willing to let go off a lot of their players to accomodate Kobe's cap, this ain't gonna happen. On the other hand, Golden State can clear off their mediocre bench to get a go-to guy like Kobe.

My bet? The Lakers for the team-building stuff.
  • Originally posted by hat_tr1ck
    I doubt that gonna happen. There's no sense in trading off the league's top scorer for somebody else. During the early Chicago Bulls era, MJ was the league's top scorer, taking them to the play-offs but never the championship, but did they trade him? They just took their time and built up the team around Jordan until a good line-up was formed to finally do their championship run.

With Kobe and Shaq around, the Lakers are already as formidable as any team could be. Granted they lack cohesion nowadays but with the play-offs so close, management's gonna make the players get their stuff together for their title defense. What's probably gonna happen is at the end of the season, the team's gonna go on a team-building seminar and iron out their kinks among them.

Exactly!! It's too early for us to decide on trading Kobe when in fact he is the best shooting guard in the NBA in my opinion... not only is he a great scorer, but he is also the best all around player in the league right now.. which complements perfectly the dominance of Shaquille.

Why don't we just wait for the play offs and observe how far they'll go?? We know that the play offs is where champions play like champions again. That is a champion's trademark. It's just too early to decide on trading Kobe. Why should we risk the possible existence of a dynasty just because a key player had an attitude problem for only one season??? That's my opinion anyways...

• will Kobe ever change? how long was the "maturing" stage of Jordan ba? 6, 7 years? so that's about in the late 20's. oh i'll just tire myself with this, but it sure is a great risk to wait for Kobe to mature (IF he ever matures!) and a great challenge to duplicate a Jordan. Kobe has all the talent but doesn't know how to put them in the right places.
  • No Bec. Even if Kobe is A Yabang player, Lakers still needs his Skills!!! and Shaq cant Bring LA a Ring w/o Kobe! and laker will suffer w/o kobe!!
  • LAker Still Needs Kobe!!
  • Originally posted by The Rock
    Point taken tar-heelz.;) So what's our solution to the Laker dilemma? Do we force the triangle offense, something that Tex Winter has developed for over 30 years and has worked on the greatest player in basketball history, to change for Kobe? or do we ask, or even beg Kobe to adjust to the triangle, sacrificing his offense and his views on his "development" for the team's good? we all know how assertive and how Kobe can take charge of a game. But, this same assertiveness seems to be hampering Kobe's ability to get along with his teammates. If he does get traded, his future teammates won't be any different, they might even be less tolerant compared to today's Lakers.

For the good of the team, Kobe better understand and learn: it's Phil's rules. You break 'em, you go somewhere else.

nope. wait for him to develop. he's young. Shaq's only 29. He has another 6 years. like I said he already knows the rules if u've seen his game last year. Now he wants to break it but u can't fault him entirely for the collapse. the lakers aren't 100%. Look at the injuries. the changes in the lineup. Kobe would probably be a different player with harper around to start the triangle. If he is "so selfish" despite his 4.8 apg, imagine what he could do if he played team ball.

Phil's rules has nothing to do with them. It's just the triangle. Jordan broke away from it several times before he got the ring but he was never traded. And I forgot one more thing: the defense. Notice how championships teams have great defense? Bulls, Pistons, San Antonio and Riley's Lakers. U can't blame Kobe coz he's probably the best perimeter defender out there in LA.
  • Okay, let's put this whole thing in another persepctive. As tar-heelz mentioned, MJ broke the triangle at different times early on in Phil Jackson's coaching career but no trade rumors developed. Perhpas because he was clearly Chicago's franchise player, and he didn't have someone with the stature of a Shaquille on those Bulls teams of the late 80s. but also, we have to take into consideration that a lot of this discord could be because of the constant media exposure that defending NBA Champions get.:ahh: When MJ was a youngster in the league, all he really had to deal with was the Chicago media. It was only after the first title, in 1991, his 7th year in the league, that media attention began to swirl around him.

Kobe deals with the L.A. media, big sports shows like SportsCenter and the National Sports Report, and a media entity that runs round the clock monitoring every move, and every conversation he makes: the Internet. The Rock isn't trying to defend Kobe's stand or his belief on his "development". What The Rock is merely trying to say is that even Jordan might have had a tough time dealing with the media pressure that Kobe is under every day. Add to that the pressure of knowing that on the Lakers, he will always be second fiddle, you probably get some insight into one of the big reasons for the "feud" to explode like it has.:ahh:
  • Originally posted by harry potter
    will Kobe ever change? how long was the "maturing" stage of Jordan ba? 6, 7 years? so that's about in the late 20's. oh i'll just tire myself with this, but it sure is a great risk to wait for Kobe to mature (IF he ever matures!) and a great challenge to duplicate a Jordan. Kobe has all the talent but doesn't know how to put them in the right places.

yup Jordan matured in his late 20's. Kobe is just in his early 20's. Kobe is young and the reason why Kobe is becoming "more immature" is that he is too advanced for his age skillwise. you say that it's a great risk to wait for Kobe to mature? come on, it's only one season. it's a greater risk spoiling a whole dynasty just because a "young and immature player" had an attitude problem for only one season. peace man! :angel: