Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

have you tried doing PLYOMETRICS?

ang daming benefits nito, especially if you noticed na nag-plateau ka na sa habit mo... how about you? have you tried doing Plyometrics? :D

Comments

• blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    ^ madaming beneits if you are already at the point where you need them..

but, if asa beginner stage ka or don't have a good strength foundation, they can do more harm than good...
  • ^ bakit hindi pwede sa beginner? elaborate pls... diba plyo improves agility and endurance naman? thanks
    ^ plyo is demanding sa joints and muscles... now, ayun nga, you can do them... pero hilaw kalalabasan....

same as pag nag break in ka ng sasakyan...

the "beginner plyo" you can do is light jumping, slalom jumps, which are normally done in warmups in sports
  • ^ thanks! buti nalang hindi ako hilaw, gayut na.. hehehe, thanks again!
  • Agree ako kay BLAKEDADDY!
    patrick
  • often times plyo is marketed to the wrong people (children and teenagers na beginner pa) like what blake said, without the proper foundation, they can end up injuring themselves.
    HOWEVER, people shouldn't be scared to use plyo. Just be smart about it.
    THe key is going through the proper phases before you start jumping up and down boxes. Most people, when they get stronger, want to do plyo agad. What's missing is strength conversion where essentially, you do the same exercises that you do, only FASTER.
  • Hi CHAPSUEY!
    When you say "doing the same exercises that you do, only FASTER" you mean the weight training exercises, right?

Were you refering to lighter wgts with faster speed or moderate to heavy wgts using compensatory acceleration, or BOTH?

Fred hatfield coined the term "compensatory acceleration" back in the 1980`s, to mean that you accelerate the bar as fast as possible during the concentric (positive) phase of the lift, something we instinctively did during my track days, as well as during my powerlifting days regardless of how heavy the weight was.

This certainly required a certain mindset/psych- up, to THINK and MOVE fast and explosively!

We have a similiar mindset in sprint races, from the "on your marks" position" till the final sound of the "go" gun, a kind of lingering "nervous energy" waiting, "WANTING & NEEDING" to be RELEASED! In weight training of course this is expressed in each and every repetition.

Nice to hear from you :) , pls keep posting.
    patrick
  • Plyometrics are great for explosive strength, which in return will improve your ability to quickly initiate a powerfull movement.
  • Det7Det7 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hi! Meron dba mga plyometric exercises that doesn't involve machines? I noticed some vids of NBA players, plyometrics really develops their agility, versatility, iwas-injury and ang pinaka gusto ko sa lahat - vertical leap.. ano yung ibang excercises na ginagwa nyo?
    Hi! Meron dba mga plyometric exercises that doesn't involve machines? I noticed some vids of NBA players, plyometrics really develops their agility, versatility, iwas-injury and ang pinaka gusto ko sa lahat - vertical leap.. ano yung ibang excercises na ginagwa nyo?

Not for you yet.. once you get into good condition... saka mo na isipin..

A lot of players already get a boost in their jump and speed just by basic strength training alone... once your strength level reaches an intermediate stage, saka ka na mag plyo...
  • its hard to maintain a regular workout of doing plyometrics, i need some motivation.... go go go!
  • am' not sure if there's such thing called as "basic plyo", but if you'll notice how volleyball players train.. meron silang certain exercises that obviously (hehe..) involves a lot of jumping.
  • Basic plyo is less impact - low jumps, bounding drills, easy agility drills on level ground, jumping over cones, etc. Stuff kids can do.

Advanced plyo is faster and higher impact: depth jumps, etc. that require adequate strength (I think the benchmark is you have to be able to squat 1.5x bodyweight? or is it 2x?) and physical maturity.
    1. basic plyo.. play something like hopscoth or do some lateral drills...

bounding drills are for someone who has some experience and a decent strength base already...

in fact, many people can get a lot of improvement with footwork drills than worry about plyo...
  • what type of materials yung ginagamit sa lateral drills? yung parang hagdan na tali?
  • brianpex wrote: »
    Basic plyo is less impact - low jumps, bounding drills, easy agility drills on level ground, jumping over cones, etc. Stuff kids can do.

Advanced plyo is faster and higher impact: depth jumps, etc. that require adequate strength (I think the benchmark is you have to be able to squat 1.5x bodyweight? or is it 2x?) and physical maturity.

bakit may benchmark pa in terms of squats for me, i just want to improve speed and endurance....

blakedaddy wrote: »
    1. basic plyo.. play something like hopscoth or do some lateral drills...

bounding drills are for someone who has some experience and a decent strength base already...

in fact, many people can get a lot of improvement with footwork drills than worry about plyo...

yes, footwork is my main concern and agility...
    *okay*
    ^ then in that case skipping rope and some footwork drills are already more than enough for your case
  • ano material yung pang-footwork drill? gusto ko gumawa nun eh....
    ^ google agility ladder
  • may agility ladder na ko.. yahoo!