Official KRISTIN CHENOWETH Thread

She recently won the EMMYS, and she's my all time favorite everything. I think it's time for her own thread. Show some love! :love:

kristinchenoweth.jpg

Kristin Chenoweth (born July 24, 1968) is an American singer, musical theatre, film, and television actress, and author. Some of her best-known roles have included her role as Sally Brown in Broadway's You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, her role as Glinda in Broadway's Wicked, and her role as Annabeth Schott in television's The West Wing. She most recently appeared in the role of Olive Snook on the ABC dramedy Pushing Daisies for which she won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy in 2009. Chenoweth is also the face of Jude Frances jewelry.

Chenoweth has a distinctive speaking voice. In FHM's March 2006 issue, she compared her voice to that of Betty Boop.

Chenoweth is a classically trained coloratura soprano, and well known for her skilled singing technique and artistic interpretations. She has a vocal range of four octaves. Chenoweth is able to sing the note "F6" (1396.913Hz), also known as "F above High C".

Comments

• <DieHardTonian><DieHardTonian> NEXT TO NORMAL PExer
    Upcoming Projects
    • Chenoweth will play a role in the Fox series, Glee. She will be playing a talented former member of the glee club who returns to demonstrate her singing and performing technique.
    • Chenoweth will continue to lend her voice to the role of Rosetta for the rest of the three Tinker Bell films.
    • Chenoweth will star in the Lifetime Original Movie, Twelve Men of Christmas, which will premiere in December 2009 as part of Lifetime's annual "Fa La La La Lifetime" programming.
    • Chenoweth will play "a wedding extraodinator" in the Disney comedy You Again.
    • She will star in the new Off-Broadway play Love, Loss, and What I Wore which will play a twelve-week engagement at the Westside Theatre beginning September 21, 2009.She will perform in the show from Nov. 18–Dec. 13.
    • Chenoweth is scheduled to appear as a guest judge on the ninth season of American Idol on August 28, 2009 in Orlando, Florida.
    Theatre Veterans Collect Top Prizes at 2009 Emmy Awards

By Adam Hetrick
    20 Sep 2009

103015_kristin-chenoweth-accepts-the-outstanding-supporting-actress-in-a-comedy-series-award-for-pushing-daisies-onstage-during-the-61st-primetime-emmy-awards-los-angeles-september-20-2009.jpg

Kristin Chenoweth, Rob Ashford, Cherry Jones, Jessica Lange, Glenn Close and David Javerbaum were among the winners of the 61st annual Primetime Emmy Awards, which were presented Sept. 20 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles.

“30 Rock” and “Mad Men” took top honors in the Outstanding Comedy and Drama categories, respectively.

Tony winners Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman penned the opening number for Emmy host Neil Patrick Harris, who introduced an evening that awarded numerous stage veterans for their work on the small screen.

Notable winners with stage ties include Tony-winning actress Kristin Chenoweth, who took the evening's first award, Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, for her work on “Pushing Daisies”; Toni Collette, who won the Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series Emmy for her performance in “United States of Tara”; Alec Baldwin, whose work on “30 Rock” earned him the Emmy for Lead Actor in a Comedy Series; John Cryer, who received the Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy for “Two and a Half Men”; “Lost” actor Michael Emerson, who earned the Emmy for Supporting Actor in a Drama Series; and veteran stage actress Cherry Jones, who earned the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series Emmy for her work as President Alice Taylor in “24."

The Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series went to Ellen Burstyn for “Law & Order: “SVU”; multiple Tony winner Glenn Close was presented with the Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series Emmy for “Damages”; and Bryan Cranston earned the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for “Breaking Bad.”

Advertisement
    Supporting Actor in a Miniseries Emmy was awarded to Ken Howard for “Grey Gardens”; Lead Actor in a Miniseries was given to Brenden Gleeson for “Into the Storm”; and Jessica Lange was awarded the Emmy for Lead Actress in a Miniseries for “Grey Gardens,” which also took the honor for Outstanding Made for Television Movie.

“The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,” who claims among its writers David Javerbaum, took home the Emmy for Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Series, and the top honor for Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series; Outstanding Music and Lyrics went to “Academy Awards” opening number writers William Ross, John Kimbrough, Dan Harmon and Rob Schrab; “Mad Men” writers Kater Gordon and Matthew Weiner earned Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series; and “30 Rock” writer Matt Hubbard earned the honor for a Comedy Series.

Additional winners include Broadway choreographer Rob Ashford, who earned the Emmy for Outstanding Choreography for the “81st Annual Academy Awards” and his “Musicals Are Back” opener; and “American Masters,” which received an Emmy for Outstanding Nonfiction Series.

Both “Grey Gardens” and “Pushing Daisies” earned Best Art Direction honors, while William Ross won the Emmy for Outstanding Musical Direction of “Streisand: The Concert." Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special Emmy was awarded to “The Kennedy Center Honors”; and “Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog,” which stars Neil Patrick Harris, earned an Emmy for Outstanding Special Class - Short-format Live-Action Entertainment Program."

For a complete list of nominees and winners visit Emmyscom.
    KCheno accepting her award at the 2009 EMMY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K9EGJQRW2o
    Paramedics Called For Kristin Chenoweth Backstage For Emmy Emergency

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

Paramedics were called backstage at the Nokia Theater for Kristin Chenoweth, according to an Access Hollywood source on the scene who witnessed the incident.

The star, who won her first Emmy award earlier on Sunday evening for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy for her role as Olive Snook in “Pushing Daisies,” first complained about a migraine headache, then said she couldn’t open her eyes.

Paramedics on site cared for the star in the room outside of the backstage gift lounge. She rested and then left the ceremony, the source told Access.

The source added that Kristin, who had given a tearful acceptance speech just moments before, remained in good spirits despite the ailment.

According to The Associated Press, a rep for Kristin later said that the star was fine and would potentially participate in the after-show festivities.

Oh no. Let's pray for her to be well.

She recently tweeted "sometimes the aura of a migraine. im warding it off w meds then gonna hit the town! thx 4 ur love n well wishes!!!"
  • epalogepalog Member PExer
    wow. she really is your favorite everything!

congrats to her, and i hope she gets well.
  • RetroDanceFreakRetroDanceFreak I like horror movies. PExer
    Get well soon, Glinda. :love:
  • I LOVE HER!

She made me watch Pushing Daisies! Olive Snook ftmfw!
  • sinceUbeengonesinceUbeengone kellaholic. PExer
    Yay, CHENO! Even though I didn't get to see her as Glinda, she's still my favorite. :D LOVE her! and I was so happy for her when she won this morning!
  • bent_33bent_33 Shinigami PExer
    wow! what took so long to make a thread for Kristin? She's one of my favorite actress! Love her in Wicked and in Pushing Daisies!
  • i soooooo loved her playing as glinda! i cant wait for her guesting in glee!!
    UP UP UP for Kristin Chenoweth!

I inquired for her autobiography, "A Little bit wicked" on Powerbooks and they said that the books were sold out and I could purchase it for special orders.

I WANT THAT BOOK! :lol:
  • QT IIQT II Bee-doh bee-doh bee-doh bee PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Count me in...I love my mini-Cheno!!!
  • OneirosOneiros Slacker PExer
    Her voice annoyed me in Pushing Daisies. Then I found this on youtube: Taylor, the Latte Boy.

Oscar na lang kulang nya. Grammy din siguro. :lol:
    ^ Taylor the Latte Boy! :) Bring me java... bring me joooy! :D Listen to this "Taylor the Latte Boy (Rebuttal)" -- it's taylor's response. LOL.

UP UP UP for Cheno!! :D
  • ZingiberaceaeZingiberaceae Dandelion Club member PExer
    I liked her in Pushing Daisies(esp. when she sang Hopelessly Devoted to You), and liked her more in Glee.

KChen is just awesome! :D
  • accidentalheroaccidentalhero Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Is it me or she sounds a lot like Karen (of Will and Grace) when she did Olive?
    And what's her height? She looked very very small as Olive. OR dinaya lang to fit her character?
    ^ LOL. She's really small.. with a very wide range of voice. She's 4'11 she said it in an interview. :)
    Kristin Chenoweth
    • Date of Birth: 24 July 1968, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
    • Birth Name: Kristi Dawn Chenoweth
    • Nickname: Cheno
    • Height: 4' 11" (1.50 m)
    • Trade Mark: Is known for wearing the colour pink.

Trivia
    • Earned a bachelor's degree in musical theater from Oklahoma City University, which she attended on a full scholarship to study voice. Afterwards, she studied for and earned a master's degree in opera performance.
    • Finished 2nd runner-up in the Miss Oklahoma pageant.
    • Was engaged to Marc Kudisch for three years - the relationship ended in 2001. Chenoweth turned down the role of Miss Dorothy in Thoroughly Modern Millie on Broadway in Spring 2002, in which Kudisch coincidentally played Trevor Graydon III. Turned down the role of Miss Dorothy in Thoroughly Modern Millie at the La Jolla Playhouse to star in the NBC sitcom "Kristin" (2001).
    • In 2002, released her debut solo recording entitled "Let Yourself Go," a collection of old standards from the 1930s and '40s. In 2005, she released a second album called "As I Am," which featured various spiritual songs.
    • Won a full scholarship to the Philadelphia Academy of Vocal Arts, but turned it down when she received a role in an off-Broadway play.
    • Is a member of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority.
    • Won Broadway's 1999 Tony Award as Best Actress (Featured Role - Musical" for her portrayal of Sally in a revival of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown." Was nominated as Best Actress (Musical) in 2004 for her role as Galinda/Glinda in "Wicked."
    • Has a dog, Maltese, named Maddie, after her idol, actress Madeline Kahn.
    • She has incredible relative pitch and near-perfect pitch.
    • She was shortlisted to play Roxie Hart in Chicago (2002), but the part ultimately went to Ren?e Zellweger. Kristin was also approached for the part of Mary Sunshine (which went to Christine Baranski).
    • Is a 1986 graduate of Broken Arrow High School in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
    • She is 1/4 Cherokee. Although she was adopted, she has information about her biological family.
    • Shares a birthday with Jennifer Lopez. However Kristin was born a year earlier.
    • Nicole Kidman met Kristin after a performance of "Wicked" and said she had enjoyed her performance as "Glinda the Good Witch" and that she would get a part written specifically for her in Kidman's new movie, Bewitched (2005). A few months later, Kidman followed up on her promise.
    • Is trained in singing opera. Has ongoing performances with various symphony orchestras.
    • She is a natural brunette.
    • As a child, Kristin auditioned for a role as an orphan in the 1982 film version of the Broadway musical, "Annie". She didn't get the part, primarily because her "New Yorker" accent (an imitation of Barbra Streisand) sounded too phony. But Kristin later played the dim-witted villain "Lily St. Regis" in a made-for-TV movie of the musical.
    • Named #49 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
    • Fell down twelve concrete stairs and broke several ribs (9/2007).
    • Was in the running for the Madeline Kahn role in the stage version of Young Frankenstein (1974) but took the role on "Pushing Daisies" (2007), instead.
    • Took some time off to take care of her sick mother, Junie Chenoweth, but her mother has since recovered [April 26, 2008].
    • Her parents live in the Houston suburb of Spring, TX where Lee Pace, her "Pushing Daisies" (2007) co-star, grew up.
    • Has a brother.

----

Cheno will be in Ellen today, but in the U.S. So, probably it will air tomorrow here at 2nd Avenue.
  • denise_roguedenise_rogue I want to go to there PExer
    CHENO!!!! :love:

bumping this thread up. dapat pala dito ko nilagay sa forum na to thread ni Idina! haha! CHENZEL FTW!!!:love:

you know what, i didn't realise that it was her in Bewitched! haha! i was focused on Heather Burns kasi iba hitsura nya doon eh. :rotflmao:

anyway, i was so disappointed that she won't be the one doing Rapunzel. also, i wish i could see her sa Promises Promises. wah!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file