Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

Kettlebells for cardio

What if you can eliminate all those sit ups and long runs after your weight training sessions, wouldn't that be great:) The beauty of a bell is that you don’t need to do any extra cardio in addition to your kettlebell training. aerobic and anaerobic capacity, strength, endurance, speed, power, agility, balance, fat loss, all aspects of fitness are being addressed in one sitting.

Comments

• blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    I agree *okay*

doing timed sets for swings, snatches and cleans will already be a killer...

I can't imagine what my stamina will be like when i can do timed sets for overhead lunges
  • I second that! Working in this manner will develops several key attributes" Work capacity, patience, mental toughness,technique".

When it comes to lunges, timed sets should be limited thou, since there is no proper rest position and technique might compromise when fatigue sets in.
    ^ definitely... especially overhead lunges...

looking forward to working with you and hope we can hear more from you hear especially the ladies since they also want a female opinion :)
  • Women often complain about a slow metabolism. Increasing your metabolism is easy with kettlebells. High volume(not weight) ballistic exercises with kettlebells will boost your metabolism, which in return will provide you a nice afterburn. ballistic exercises can be done in every workout as swings can be performed in numerous numbers.
    ^ doing swings for timed sets will already be more than enough to make someone feel like they ran from the airport to batangas :D
  • coach, can you give us more info about kettlebell workout.
    Im planning to buy this equipment since i can no longer go to the gym (i used to go to eclipse).
    I can do kettlebell workout even in my room, right?
    tnx!
    ^ what exactly would you want to know? I believe Lifebalance can give you a more detailed answer since I'm just starting out as well in the world of kettlebells...

Why can't you go to eclipse anymore?? you're from where again?
  • Kettlebells works just fine in a small space. getting fit by cranking up a high intense workout with a kettlebell can be done in just 20 minutes a day.

However nothing beats qualified instruction and guidance along the path.
    Kettlebells works just fine in a small space. getting fit by cranking up a high intense workout with a kettlebell can be done in just 20 minutes a day.

I'm already planning on having one day where I just load my bells in the trunk of the car and head off to the park and train there
  • Oh yeah. I love to practice outdoors. Maybe because we don't have a gym yet:)
    ^ well you guys are a stone's throw away from ultra :)

speaking of which, I have a huge tire nd a sledgehammer... I'm getting another huge tire for tire flipping... you guys are welcome to visit us so we can do those types of training alongside kettlebells
  • blakedaddy wrote: »
    ^ what exactly would you want to know? I believe Lifebalance can give you a more detailed answer since I'm just starting out as well in the world of kettlebells...

Why can't you go to eclipse anymore?? you're from where again?
    coach, can you give us more info about kettlebell workout.
    Im planning to buy this equipment since i can no longer go to the gym (i used to go to eclipse).
    I can do kettlebell workout even in my room, right?
    tnx!

Im in med school now, and its very far from your two branches. Im planning to do kettlebell workout as replacement to my workout before. Tnx!
    ^ where are you located exactly?? Kettlebell training is indeed time-saving yet the workouts do not get compromised...
    ^ where are you located exactly?? Kettlebell training is indeed time-saving yet the workouts do not get compromised...

I live in makati, where can i buy kettlebell? and how much would that be?? and one more thing, how would i assess the weights of KB i shall use.. thanks a lot!
    ^ where in makati??? You can check the prices of good quality kettlebells at kettlebellph.multiply.com...

as for what weight you will use... how much are you lifting currently?? that can give us a ballpark figure as to what weight will be ideal for you to start with
    I'm already planning on having one day where I just load my bells in the trunk of the car and head off to the park and train there

That's what we usually do. That's the beauty of KBs. Portable but hardcore.*okay* Why don't we get together some time and train somewhere in high street or rockwell. Lots of open areas there.:)
    ^ where in makati??? You can check the prices of good quality kettlebells at kettlebellph.multiply.com...

as for what weight you will use... how much are you lifting currently?? that can give us a ballpark figure as to what weight will be ideal for you to start with

as far as i can remember (values run around these):

390 for squat
    190 for military press
    400+ for deadlift
    200 for bench press

i was doing quite well in my workout before i left, that's why i really want to do some sort of those workouts again in my house. tnx!
  • as far as i can remember (values run around these):

390 for squat
    190 for military press
    400+ for deadlift
    200 for bench press

i was doing quite well in my workout before i left, that's why i really want to do some sort of those workouts again in my house. tnx!

These are outstanding numbers my friend! Are you an athlete of some sort? With numbers like those, you may need heavy bells, however, execution will be the key. So, even if you are an advanced lifter, I still think you should get light bells to make sure you master the movements. Matter of fact, most powerlifters I know who haven't had the chance to use KBs find it really hard to snatch a 24Kg KB. It's not the weight actually, but they feel a bit iffy about the shape of KBs and safety concerns. But this should not be an issue if you will be guided by a good KB instructor.:)
  • I live in makati, where can i buy kettlebell? and how much would that be?? and one more thing, how would i assess the weights of KB i shall use.. thanks a lot!

I see that you live in Makati. I live nearby. I have several KBs at home and if you want, we can meet up so you can try lifting my KBs and see what weight you like and we can go from there.*okay*
    That's what we usually do. That's the beauty of KBs. Portable but hardcore. Why don't we get together some time and train somewhere in high street or rockwell. Lots of open areas there.

Let's set the sked :)