FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

dating someone who has the same name as my ex

There's this girl right now I'm after; a classmate back in grade school and just stumbled on facebook. We've gone out a few times already for the past handful of weeks so needless to say, I like this girl and yes I told her already what I feel for her.

Anyway, I don't know if I see it as a problem but it's been bugging me that funny enough, she has the same name as my ex's. That ex of mine, just to say something about her, played a significant part of my life and we were together for almost two years; just broke up some four years back and we kept in touch, then had an agreement to be the best of friends, which sucked and was a wrong move.

Of course, as an honest and truthful guy that I've always been, it's been bugging me that the current girl has the same name as my ex. Questions have been up in the air for the past few weeks like "should I tell her or not tell her about the ex who has the same name as hers?" and if so, "how should I tell her?", "what would she feel if I tell her?", "how will this affect me and her altogether, even if we're not in a relationship (yet)?", and "will it be the right move to tell her about the ex or just let it slide?" Questions like those.

So what do you guys think? I really need some sound advice on this one because I'm into this girl.

Comments

• kreukkreuk amishuuu PExer
    iv made really good friends at work without even knowing their names kahit na 5 months na lumipas:glee: un nga lang... pag nagpart ways... minsan naiinis ako kasi i don't know how to find them sa friendster to keep in touch.

a name is just a name.
  • infinite_trialinfinite_trial ♥ Drayer PExer
    got two exes with the same name lol. can't help it if their name is so common
  • ildiavoloildiavolo hic ego puelas multas futui PExer
    I've got 3 ex's with the same name. I can't even remember anymore the number of my ex's that has a name that starts with letter J.

As Shakespeare wrote: what's in a name that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
  • in other words, it's no biggie? What would the girl feel?
  • kreukkreuk amishuuu PExer
    hmm parang the question is... 'how will u feel'... kasi parang ordinarily... people don't really give importance. nagiging topic lang siya sa chismis session. "uy alam mo ba na same kami ng name ng ex niya. mahilig siya sa mga ________. pero ang balita ko mas maganda/pangit/sexy/mataba ako eh.":lol:
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier Your Personal Jesus PExer
    They have similar names? So what? That's so minor...now if they look similar, wear the same cologne, like the same stuff, wear the same make up, then you might be a neurotic.

LOL on "we just broke up 4 years ago". LOL
  • baklitabaklita taas kilay PExer

isang babae kakilala ko may kamukha siya at halos magkatunog ang
    pangalan, pareho suot nila... sa damit, ribbon sa ulo, tsinelas, purse
    at tulis ng kilay. ang pangalan nila ay dayana at diana... iisa ang
    tatay nila. oo kambal sila, noh!

aihihihi!!! :lol:

baklits

• blue_tracerblue_tracer soundscapes ✭✭✭
    same name.. so what? :hiya:
  • purpleheadd07purpleheadd07 Babae po ako ✭✭
    in other words, it's no biggie? What would the girl feel?

i'm sure sanay na sila kung common din namin talaga yung name nila. unless sobrang unique na nga eh magkapareha pa din.

ano ba name yan? baka namn sangkatutak na pexer dito may ex din na iyan ang name. :hiya: :lol:

eerie lang siguro ang dating kung same name, similar faces at ugali pa, among other aspects. yay! :D
  • Roasted ManokRoasted Manok Crossing the street. PExer
    Well, if it makes you feel better, you won't be saying another name just in case you remember your ex while you guys are doing the thing.
  • oh okay. Thanks. haha! no biggie indeed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file