Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature
Are you a pageant expert? Join the PEx Miss Universe Quiz Night on May 16!

Movie Discussion: The Reader

I saw "The Reader" a few days ago. It was a multi-award winner. The question is, why do you think it was?

Allow me to start. Why do you think Michael Berg was stand-offish to Hannah Schmitz if he was so in love with her in his youth?

Comments

• Kate Winslet is MILFy! I want to bathe her in chocolate syrup and...you know what comes next. jehehe
  • LOL! Ahahay!
  • nweknweknweknwek PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I guess he felt that it was a different side of Hannah. He didn't even notice her being illiterate since he was in a lot of bliss with her in his youth...
  • Lola_RoseLola_Rose PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Uber Doog wrote: »
    I saw "The Reader" a few days ago. It was a multi-award winner. The question is, why do you think it was?

Allow me to start. Why do you think Michael Berg was stand-offish to Hannah Schmitz if he was so in love with her in his youth?

He loved Hannah till the very end. Or else he wouldn't have read countless books and record them for her. He was affected by Hannah throughout his entire life. He loved her genuinely.

Maybe because he felt like he didn't know her that's why he kept his distance from her-- because Hannah sounded like a cold-blooded and extremely proud person. But Hannah was innocent in those murders. She was unaware that she was comitting war crimes because she was illiterate.

Hannah's greatest sin was pride. She was innocent in the murders, but she decided to admit to being a cold-blooded murderer than to confess that she's illiterate.

I think Hannah never loved Michael, though.