Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

[Food Poll] How much would you pay for a good dessert?

aticusaticus PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Hi friends,

One of my dear friends makes excellent desserts, and is thinking of starting her own business making special desserts. If you would be so kind as to take a few moments posting here, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

May I know the following?

1) How much would you pay for a slice of good Tiramisu? Carrot Cake? (You may list any other types of dessert you crave, and how much you would willingly pay for a slice of each... :D ) How much for an entire cake?

2) What kinds of desserts do PExers REALLY love? Could you just share with me what your ideal desserts would be? There's no limit to the number of desserts you can list. :)

3) Is there any special service, product and/or feature of a dessert business that you most appreciate or most want?

Thank you to all in advance! :) You're helping a very nice person out. (I'm talking of my friend, of course, not me!!) :D

Comments

• IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    1.) P100 max per slice, P800 max per whole cake.

2.) I like New York-style cheesecake (although I can't eat much of this, alas), the "saltier" and heavier, the better. I don't like those fluffy, overly-sweet pies a lot of local bakeshops pass off as cheesecakes. I'd occassionally get cravings for breads like ensaymada, Spanish bread, and pastries like fudge brownies, too.

3.) Being able to call ahead and reserve a cake, or maybe ask the baker to bake a special/personalized cake that's normally not offered in the bakeshop. Willingness to take bulk orders at short notice.

• aticusaticus PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Thanks, Ira! :)

I believe she will indeed make personalized cakes. Thanks for the suggestion... :)

I agree with the "overly sweet" assessment. Too many desserts rely on sugar instead of actual flavor. My friend, I can assure you, makes exceptional stuff.
  • Sorry. Not much of a dessert person. Or at least, I usually get so full up with the main course, I don't order dessert. I have the Wendy's Frostee :D

I've also got Hershey's Nuggets (Cookies and Creme) from time to time, that's P120+ a bag of about 36 pieces..?

If you want dessert ideas, just go to ShangriLa Hotel, and go Buffet. They usually have a HUGE selection of desserts.. I am partial to Fruit salads, shakes, salads, mousse/gelatin whatevers.. and I like Kiwi's :D

Otherwise, Ice cream is fine as well. :)

Oh, and TAHO is good too :D
    Originally posted by Noisy Cricket
    Sorry. Not much of a dessert person. Or at least, I usually get so full up with the main course, I don't order dessert. I have the Wendy's Frostee :D

I've also got Hershey's Nuggets (Cookies and Creme) from time to time, that's P120+ a bag of about 36 pieces..?

If you want dessert ideas, just go to ShangriLa Hotel, and go Buffet. They usually have a HUGE selection of desserts.. I am partial to Fruit salads, shakes, salads, mousse/gelatin whatevers.. and I like Kiwi's :D

Otherwise, Ice cream is fine as well. :)

Oh, and TAHO is good too :D

You know, for a non-dessert person, you sure eat a LOT of desserts... :lol:
  • slice of Tiramisu... 100 to 150
    whole cake... 900

ideal dessert.... hmm... Choco Mousse, Tiramisu, Tropical Fruits

food services... Elvie Gonzalez' personalized cakes.. they're so beautiful you wouldn't want to eat...
    Thank you, bLaCk. :) Your input is certainly appreciated.
  • I think desserts are the BEST part of a meal! If its really orgasmic :lol: I guess Php 80 bucks for a really good slice of cake, specialty desserts naman, Php 150 would be fine.

I love a good cheesecake, tiramisu, anything chocolate! And anything with strawberries :D
  • 1) Slice: 50-80
    Cake: 400-600

2) Choco mousse, sylvannas, sansrival, any choco based cake.

3) Free delivery.
  • almst anything but not too sweet, must have that unique flavour not necessarily too sweet.

even bitter ones like dark chocolate is good.

on the other hand, not too little in serving size we'd end up eating just the icing.

but please, check with local customs first.
    chilled monkey brains may be a little off.

:)
    hi all.
    am at work again
  • ZenZen PExer
    Nauna pa sakin magpost yung mga pinareply ko ah. :D

1) Php100 per slice, Php 700 for the whole cake. ;)

2) I like creme brulee and silvanas! :yum: There's also this triple chocolate mousse thing I had a few months back, but I forget what it's called (Ira, do you remember this?). :p

3) It would be great if they could make desserts according to "special needs" of their customers, like for example use non-fat milk add or lessen the sweetness, according to the customers' desire. :)

Hope that helps! :D
  • P30 max - for desserts/cake slices using native ingredients which you can find in your local supermarket/palengke

P50-P60 max - for desserts/cake slices using common, relatively inexpensive, imported ingredients (which you can still find in a supermarket)

P100-P120 - for specialty desserts/cakes/tarts that use exotic, expensive ingredients that can only be found abroad or in specialty stores (the size should be at least bigger than the size of your palm, though ;). I don't think anyone appreciates even the most decadent of desserts that you can finish in just one bite. BITIN!)

P120-P150 - huge servings of desserts you can share with 3 to 4 people.

P300-P500 - regular cakes
    P600-P800 - specialty cakes

btw, i don't see any reason why making a dessert "a'la mode"
    justifies the extra P30-P40 added to the price of the dessert.

yun lang. :)
  • IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    Originally posted by Zen
    There's also this triple chocolate mousse thing I had a few months back, but I forget what it's called (Ira, do you remember this?). :p

Oh, THAT...that's called Pixie Dust... :D
    Thanks, guys!! Great suggestions! :)

Zen, I actually suggested that, and I think she'll definitely use low-fat milk and/or non-fat items for specialty desserts... :)
  • Cost per slice or for the whole cake would depend really on the location. Is she going to set-up a restaurant or cafe in a mall or by order basis? Sometimes, you pay a premium for the venue or the lack of it. If the desserts are on a per order basis, then I don't see anything wrong if the prices are a bit high.

Filipinos love to buy things that aren't mass-produced (or you may say mass-baked, hehe). I prefer those pastries or cakes you buy directly from the cake makers' houses in Sta Ana or San Lorenzo.

My suggestion would be for your friend to remember her customers, find out when will they celebrate their birthdays, anniversaries and either send free cake or offer a discount. And do a lot of follow-up calls or send letters, etc.
    Originally posted by karengkeng
    My suggestion would be for your friend to remember her customers, find out when will they celebrate their birthdays, anniversaries and either send free cake or offer a discount. And do a lot of follow-up calls or send letters, etc.

That's a great idea. :) Customer relationship management. I'll tell her that!

• basta kahit medyo expensive dapat naman malaki yung serving.

sobrang kakabitin pag konti lang eh.

tsaka yung kakaibang cake naman, not the usual ones.

pwede ring artehan lang ang usual cakes to make it unusual.

aticus, pag bukas na yung store, invite us naman, para try namin. :)
    Sure thing, leelayce! Problema lang, eh, hindi siya tatayo ng tindahan... :) Initially home-based ito. But eventually I feel she'll open a stall or two in a mall. Thanks to your suggestions, I think she'll be more confident about what to do and how to run things. :D
  • 1) How much would you pay for a slice of good Tiramisu? Carrot Cake? How much for an entire cake?

for a Tiramisu...P 225/ slice-CPK but that's too much, i'll eat that cake like once in every 3 months :) but i'll definitely eat once in 2 weeks a Tiramisu worth P135/slice - Italianni's :yum: for a Carrot Cake...P35.00/slice - Starbucks

Double Chocolate Mousse P45/ slice - P355-400 whole
    Caramel Royale P50/ slice- P500-550-whole
    both from Sugar Nut

Marjolaine 75/slice
    Mango Torte 70/slice
    both from Sugar House, i'll never buy a whole cake from this place...expensive...

Toffee Torte & Chocolate Mocha Crunch 30/slice- P275-315-whole
    both from Red Ribbon very affordable :)

silvanas P 10/piece- House of Silvanas

Blueberry Cheesecake P40/slice -Cafe Elysee & Plum's

Triple Chocolate P50/ slice
    Oreo Chesecake 55/slice
    both from Cravings

2) What kinds of desserts do PExers REALLY love? Could you just share with me what your ideal desserts would be? There's no limit to the number of desserts you can list. :)

tiramisu
    coffee cake
    ala modes
    caramel cakes
    chocolate mousse
    sansrival
    silvanas
    oreo cheesecake
    blueberry cheesecake
    pound cake
    cookies-choco chips/ white choco chips
    carrot cake
    banana cake
    enseymada
    belgian waffle
    food for the gods
    pecan pie
    cinnamon rolls
    crepes-mango with whip...
    etc.

3) Is there any special service, product and/or feature of a dessert business that you most appreciate or most want?

delivery, special discounts, VIP cards ( :D ), free samples, promos :)

---
    i'm so into answering this...coz damn, i love sweets :*)
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    How much would you pay for a slice of good Tiramisu? Carrot Cake?

Tiramisu - maximum of P80 per slice
    Carrot Cake - I don't like Carrot Cake.
    New York Cheesecake - I can spend around P200 for this, but only once in a while.

How much for an entire cake?

Hmmmm not sure.

What kinds of desserts do PExers REALLY love? Could you just share with me what your ideal desserts would be?

Mango Crepe - Okay lang if I spend around P150 for this as long as it's reallyyyyyyy good.

The Chocolate Lava Cake from Bistro 110 - I like!

Is there any special service, product and/or feature of a dessert business that you most appreciate or most want?

Ability to choose your own toppings, etc. In short, 'customizeable'. That's what I really like with 2001 Flavors.

Wow, winterswirl... :) I almost had a heart-attack just READING about those desserts... :lol:

And, CaRaMBa, are you SURE it's the lava cake and not the owner you're after from Bistro 110? ;)

Thank you to all who've responded so far!!! Keep them coming, folks... :D