Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

Is the next generation losing out on face-to-face relationships?

I feel old writing this but observing teens today, seems that they've lost out on interpersonal relationships and are relying too much on tehcnology to communicate.

Phones and actual house visitations have become relatively unused as texting and ym'ng have given way to the "modern courtship" and "modern breakup" as well.

There are so many dilemmas here on arguments caused by facebook, friendster et al. How many times has a text been misinterpreted because of a lack of smileys? And geez how many people have broke up with their partners through text, im or emails?

I was just thinking about this when I commented on my brother having an "online group meeting" with his friends. I commented casually, don't you people meet up anymore or at least talk on the phone? Of course he gave me a look and told me, it's more efficient this way.

My brother also had a gf, a former classmate, whom he courted online. They regularly spoke on YM and text. However it ended on a sour note she eventually dumped him online. Something shallow like a misinterpreted message. :lol: To this day, we tease him saying.
Girl: BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ!
Brother: (forgot to put stepped out icon, therefore no answer)
Girl: *%@#$! break na tayo!!! [insert angry smiley :grrr: ]

:lol::lol::lol:

Related
High-tech kids lost in face-to-face relationships

Comments

• kreukkreuk PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ice Burn wrote: »
    I having an "online group meeting" with his friends. RL]

:lol::rotflmao: high tech! pero supposing meron kang groupmate na naalibadbaran ka... whether online or in person maalibadbbaran ka parin habang nakikita mo messages niya.

but yeah... iba parin talaga yung nakikita at nakakasama mo. at least un di ka iiwan sa ere basta basta like what ur brother's gf did to him....
    ^^^ ooops!!! hahaha... meron din naman naglolokohan kahit personal mo ng kilala.

anyway, but when it's about missing out... definitely you're missing out a lot kung di mo nakikita yung taong kausap mo madalas. but at the same time it's a good means of communications... sometimes it enables u to get to know a person better coz some people tend to share a whole lot more in text/online. and sometimes it totally fools you into believing something about a person that he/she is totally not pala. mas madaling magsinungaling at magpretend using gadgets.
  • st.angerst.anger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    nothing wrong with going high-tech, but you have to balance it with a real relationship - like actually meeting the person from time to time.

and a guy courting thru friendster or other social networking sites should be considered a danger sign by girls looking for serious relationships.
  • I think so. Since a large percentage of pinoy's leisure is sms-ing. However, I think it would be hard for two people to properly connect since nabubuo lang ang relationship nila thru text messaging.

For me, I think it's pretty dumb to court girls via YM or text. Parang ang cheap. Kahit na ba torpe. I mean, sincerity as always is best seen or determined in person.
  • baklitabaklita PEx Veteran ⭐⭐

although text, e-mails, im, ym and other hi-tech correspondence
    play a major role in a relationship... interpersonal relationship is
    still the main presentation to make or break a relationship.

tama si iceburn karamihan sa mga kabataan ngayon ay dependent
    sa hi-tech at nawawala ang social skills. disadvantage talaga ito sa
    kanila dahil ang relationship ay realidad na kailangan harapin face-
    to face, de vaah?

aihihihi!!! :lol:

baklits

• Alpha_GreenAlpha_Green PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I really don't want to post in this thread for some reasons but since I have something to share ill just post it anyway.

Just last Monday, I watched this episode on the National Geographic channel and the episode was about Koreans and their addiction to online gaming. There was this one story of this couple who met and dated each other through online gaming. It started when the girl was playing this online game (forgot the name of the game, basta parang Rose or World of Warcraft). The game is basically played when a player lets his/her chosen warrior to roam around the virtual kingdom and kill other warriors or monsters in the kingdom to increase his/her warrior's strength.

The story goes like this, one day the girl, while trying to increase her warrior's points and experience level by killings goblins and monsters in the virtual kingdom, her character was suddenly ganged up by other warriors in the game (meaning other online players). It so happened that there was this guy playing too, and he rescued the girl's character from the those that attacked her. From that moment, love blossomed. The korean couple dated and bonded together through the online game, they would let their controlled warrior characters hunt goblins and monsters together. The guy would often give the girl gifts by killing monsters and giving those reward points he earned to the girl's character. Fast forward, they meet up with each other and got married. Now they're facing marriage problems, it turned out that the guy wasn't ready to give up his addiction to online games yet and that made him forget his reponsibilities as a father of their now 1 yr old child. I think the story said they only had 1 "real" date and all the rest were online dating. If they only had dated more in real life.... :glee:
  • purpleheadd07purpleheadd07 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i do miss receiving real notes, letters and cards too. never mind if they pile up along with all our other stuff. :)
    but right!!! hinahanap hanap ko rin yun greeting sa telepono (landline) like *** babatiin ka ng ng merry christmas sa christmas eve or di kaya HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! hindi na siya uso ngayon eh ever since text messaging came out. nakakamiss makipagchismisan sa telepono. ngayon kasi by chat or by email at facebook na lahat ng scoops.

aSA facebook na ngayon lahat ng batian at kamustahan.
  • ^ ang nakakatawa pa dun, pati yung away ng couple lantaran na sa facebook :lol:
  • short answer: Yes

I hope they get a chance to be more personal. The experience is truly different.
    ^^^ yea totally... up until sometime after college i was still getting birthday cards and letters from my pals.

and my friends sometimes send invitations na naka scan:glee:
  • i think so.. parang wala nang spiritual to spiritual connection tuloy.

great post t.s

cheers*
  • virtual hugs and XoXoXoXo's are cute. but nothing beats the feeling of two couples deeply in love, holding hands while walking, the warmth of each other during a hug, or the smell of loved one during a kiss.
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    How can some people have a bf-gf relationship just through text? Where they have never met, never even called each other and rely on just texting for communication???
    ^^because it's pretty convenient. they don't have to go out and spend for dates and yet still get that giddy feeling of being in love. :love: :lol:

and also in weathers such as these, lovers don't have to go out and brave the traffic and the rains just to be together. pa tweetums sa text at ym buhay na. :lol:
  • Meanie!!Meanie!! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ Paano ba yung 'tweetums' sa text? hahah

Yes I agree medyo iba na nga ngayon, I mean, text text lang may nagiging bf/gf e.
    ^^hi hon. eat na u? tsup tsup mwah mwah slurpssss! :hiya: :lol:
  • csmarycsmary PEx Rookie ⭐
    Ice Burn wrote: »
    How can some people have a bf-gf relationship just through text? Where they have never met, never even called each other and rely on just texting for communication???

Watch MMK "Cellphone"
    Apparently it happened to 2 people. They both fell really hard for each other thru text messaging. The sad part was when the guy Jordan(TJ Trinidad) found out that his textmate Yvonne(Joross Gamboa) is gay.
  • ~Golliwog~Golliwog PEx Rookie ⭐
    bwahaha. Ganyan talaga ang MO ng mga badingers pero mas bopols naman yung mga pumapatos. :rotflmao:
  • blue_tracerblue_tracer PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    glenchuy wrote: »
    virtual hugs and XoXoXoXo's are cute. but nothing beats the feeling of two couples deeply in love, holding hands while walking, the warmth of each other during a hug, or the smell of loved one during a kiss.

i agree with this one.. *okay*

okay din lang online relationship.. pero dapat at least once a month, magkita rin in person.