Home PEx Family and Society Family, Friends and Society

Would you put your parents in a nursing home?

When they're old and gray and can't fend for themselves, would you have the nerve to let other people take care of them because you're so busy with your own career and family?

Personally, I'd take care of them well into old age. It may be a Filipino thing but that's the least I could do for all their sacrifices for me.

To JUST_JT: Would you want your children to put you in a nursing home a few years from now? :lol:

Comments

• JUST_JTJUST_JT PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    bambi7 wrote: »
    To JUST_JT: Would you want your children to put you in a nursing home a few years from now? :lol:

They don't have to send me to a nursing home. I will voluntarily KILL MYSELF when I'm no longer of any use to anyone or to myself.

-Just_JT
    It's.called.EUTHANASIA
  • lyrahslyrahs PEx Rookie ⭐
    No, di ko sila ilalagay dun. Ako ang mag-aalaga sa kanila kahit pa may pamilya na ako. Gaano lang yung sakripisyo ko sa kanila kumpara sa sakripisyo nila sa akin :)
  • Never. I will take care of my mom till the end.
  • kensamorkensamor PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I can't take care of her needs if I don't have the money to support her so kelangan magtrabaho. I will hire one of our relatives in the Philippines para maging caregiver ng parents ko. Win-win situation for all of us pa!
  • JUST_JT wrote: »
    They don't have to send me to a nursing home. I will voluntarily KILL MYSELF when I'm no longer of any use to anyone or to myself.

-Just_JT
    It's.called.EUTHANASIA

Then give us a big favor and kill yourself now since you're no longer of any use to yourself and to the whole world. I swear the world will be a better place once you die plus.
  • bambi7bambi7 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    JUST_JT wrote: »

-Just_JT
    It's.called.EUTHANASIA

Ouch! I'm sorry if my post is a little below the belt but can you just act your age? You're not that old yet to have such a bleak outlook in life.

-Just_JT
    It's.called.EUTHANASIA

I think it's called suicide not euthanasia. You're not planning to be in a comatose state do you? :rotflmao:
  • With me personally, I wouldn't want to put my own parents in a nursing home in the future. I would care for them, even if I have a family of my own na.

I'd like to share my dad's experience and mine too, of caring for his elderly mom. When my lola was still alive, my dad and his siblings had the option of putting my lola in a nursing care home, since our lives here in america was so busy everyday. We looked around our area and checked out several nursing homes. But honestly, it's very costly and expensive. Most of all, you'd feel so pitiful for putting or placing your loved ones in there all by themselves.

So, rather than putting my lola in a nursing home, my dad and his siblings made the choice and sacrifice of caring for thier elderly mom. They'd each divide the responsibilities in the whole year between the three of them. So it was like 4 months my lola was with us, 4 months with my dad's ate and 4 months with my dad's kuya.

When my lola was staying with us for those 4 months, I was the one caring for her during the daytime, since I worked at night. I was the one cooking for her, washing her clothes, preparing her food, preparing her bath, taking her shopping. Para akong caregiver talaga. Then when it was nightime naman, it was my dad and mom's turn to care for her, while I went to work.

Honestly, it's really difficult to care for an elderly person, kahit lola or lolo mo pa. It's a sacrifice when they live at home with you. It changes your lifestyle and there are times that it's exhausting. Also, the elderly's personalities or attitudes are like little kids..tampuhin. Kaya, it's hard to please them sometimes. But I guess it's okay and it makes you feel at peace that they're with you at home. You won't be worried if the ones caring for them in the nursing home is either abusing them, hitting them or not even feeding them.

When the 4 months was over, it was time for her to go to my uncle's house naman, and then my aunt's house. When their 4 months was over, my lola would come back to us again. It was a repetitious cycle. Mahirap talaga! But I'm not sorry at all that we cared for my lola. Now that she's gone (rest in peace lola), I miss her very much!
  • JUST_JTJUST_JT PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Then give us a big favor and kill yourself now since you're no longer of any use to yourself and to the whole world. I swear the world will be a better place once you die plus.

GAGF. It is I who decides whether I'm of use to anyone or myself; not you or anyone else.
    bambi7 wrote: »
    Ouch! I'm sorry if my post is a little below the belt but can you just act your age? You're not that old yet to have such a bleak outlook in life.

No offense from you. It's not being bleak. It's being REALISTIC. If I become incapacitated to the point where someone has to change my nappies, I'd rather be dead than a burden to anyone and an embarrassment to myself. Then my heirs can benefit from my estate without that wealth withered away to maintain someone inutile like me.
    I think it's called suicide not euthanasia. You're not planning to be in a comatose state do you? :rotflmao:

It's BOTH. Euthanasia is a movement where people who don't wish to live anymore are given a dignified death. I fully support this movement; why should someone have to live when that life has no more dignity?

And, BTW, F**K the AFTER LIFE; there is no proof of an AFTER LIFE. When someone dies; that's it - finished!

-Just_JT
    Sometimes.it.is.better.to.be.dead.than.alive.
  • in the philippines where it's cheap to hire either a caregiver or a nurse to take care of the grandparents, i don't see the need to put my mom to a nursing home. as well, and mentioned already, we can get some relatives to help us with our parents, we can just give an allowance parang sweldo. marami naman din kami magkakapatid, our mom can probably rotate among the siblings :)
  • 3m1L3m1L PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Di ko gagawin 'to. Sa tingin ko naman gugustuhin ng mama ko na makapiling din ang mga apo niya sa araw-araw kaya wala talagang tsansang gawin ko 'to.
  • Mickey2000Mickey2000 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    :rotflmao::rotflmao:

ako, i will no put my mom in a nursing home, but i don't mind hiring a professional to take care of her.
  • What ever they want? It is thier life not mine.
    Will take care if they want me to.
  • jazzmine22jazzmine22 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    A big NO! My parents took care of me since I came to this world, I know how much they have sacrificed for me, since I am also a mom now.

I know how much they love me and my brother, so taking care of them when they get older and when they can no longer be able to take care of themselves is not enough compare to the love they have showered me all through these years.
  • jazzmine22jazzmine22 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

voluntary euthanasia= suicide
    involuntary euthanasia= mercy killing by another person
  • bayaniVANbayaniVAN Trev,Thib,Padar,Yacine,Thimo PEx Expert 🎖️
    no.............
  • Of course not. Sitting here alive would already be a good reason for me not to put them there.
  • Hell No! As cliche as it sounds but how are you going to feel if put on the same shoes, huh?
    And, BTW, F**K the AFTER LIFE; there is no proof of an AFTER LIFE. When someone dies; that's it - finished!

Bakit di mo kaya i-try at magparamdam ka nalang sa amin kung meron ngang afterlife. Atleast may purpose ka diba? :naughty:
    JUST_JT wrote: »
    -Just_JT
    Sometimes.it.is.better.to.be.dead.than.alive.

Then kill yourself now so that you can finally rest in a "better" place.