PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

if Gabe Norwood and Sol Mercado switched places w/ Jared Dillinger and Jason Castro..

Steady69Steady69 SEECRAFTS FURNITURE PExer
ROS just had it's best season ever, largely in part to the play of norwood and mercado. jayr reyes ofcourse played a huge role in their success as well and import jai lewis solidified their lineup in the fiesta cup.

Dilinger and castro were 2 of the better rookie performers this past season and played key roles in TNT's finishes in both conferences; at times even outshining more established teammates in the process.

Question: if Gabe Norwood and Sol Mercado switched places with Jared Dillinger and Jason Castro, (a) would Rain or Shine have been as good?; and (b) would Talk N Text still have won the Philippine Cup?

I can see norwood playing a complimentary role to in TNT to a T but i've my doubts whether mercado would thrive in a backup role to alapag or as a secondary backcourt scorer behind cardona. both he and cardona need the ball in their hands to be effective and w/out the license to do whatever he wanted to do he had w/ ROS, sol's productivity and effectiveness would've been greatly affected if he played for a loaded team like TNT.

On other hand, dilinger and castro would have needed to be more assertive on both ends of the floor and play w/ more consistency from the opening bell to the final buzzer. they won't have the leisure of sitting back and watch teammates do game duties for them. whereas castro is pretty much steady thruout the course of a game, dilinger goes thru bouts of inconsistencies(esp in his perimeter shooting) and doesn't seem to have total control of his game yet. he'll get it down in time but at this point, he needs more seasoning to be a consistent primetime performer.

Comments

• team slickteam slick Ghost Barbarian PExer
    In terms of production
    castro > mercado
    norwood >>> dillinger

So if the two players swap team, then ROS would probably not where they are and TNT would probably still be able to go to the finals or win the title.

Norwood definitely is going to be a big improvement over dillinger (where was he in the finals?) and hopefully enough to offset the contributions of castro that mercado probably wouldnt have given.
  • jaemarkjaemark Member PExer
    Steady69 wrote: »
    ROS just had it's best season ever, largely in part to the play of norwood and mercado. jayr reyes ofcourse played a huge role in their success as well and import jai lewis solidified their lineup in the fiesta cup.

Dilinger and castro were 2 of the better rookie performers this past season and played key roles in TNT's finishes in both conferences; at times even outshining more established teammates in the process.

Question: if Gabe Norwood and Sol Mercado switched places with Jared Dillinger and Jason Castro, (a) would Rain or Shine have been as good?; and (b) would Talk N Text still have won the Philippine Cup?

I can see norwood playing a complimentary role to in TNT to a T but i've my doubts whether mercado would thrive in a backup role to alapag or as a secondary backcourt scorer behind cardona. both he and cardona need the ball in their hands to be effective and w/out the license to do whatever he wanted to do he had w/ ROS, sol's productivity and effectiveness would've been greatly affected if he played for a loaded team like TNT.

On other hand, dilinger and castro would have needed to be more assertive on both ends of the floor and play w/ more consistency from the opening bell to the final buzzer. they won't have the leisure of sitting back and watch teammates do game duties for them. whereas castro is pretty much steady thruout the course of a game, dilinger goes thru bouts of inconsistencies(esp in his perimeter shooting) and doesn't seem to have total control of his game yet. he'll get it down in time but at this point, he needs more seasoning to be a consistent primetime performer.

i like the question. especially when i first read it on my blog :)

http://firequinito.com/archives/105-PBA-annual-awards,-Game-4-up-tonight.html
  • Steady69Steady69 SEECRAFTS FURNITURE PExer
    Haha. nice blog, bud. funny too! yeah actually got that question from your blog.

So how would u answer that question?
  • KG21KG21 Twolves 4ever PExer
    Steady69 wrote: »
    Haha. nice blog, bud. funny too! yeah actually got that question from your blog.

So how would u answer that question?

next time, recognize the blog with a link to your re-posted post here!:rotflmao:
  • jaemarkjaemark Member PExer
    i think norwood and dillinger are interchangeable for the most part, but the difference is in castro/mercado. sol isn't quite the defender that castro is, which came in handy in the finals for talk n text
  • Steady69Steady69 SEECRAFTS FURNITURE PExer
    ^ Tho they are interchangeable, norwood and dilinger that is, gabe's more steady and consistent w/ the things he can do. i also doubt JD can play a lead role in a team like gabe is for ROS.

Agree w/ u on castro's defensive prowess. offensively he and sol are pretty much the same player. slight advantage tho on castro's distribution skills.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file