Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Inception

MasterVaderMasterVader PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Christopher Nolan has set up his next project with Warner Bros., an original screenplay he wrote called Inception. The "Dark Knight" director hopes to shoot the sci-fi action film in the summer for a release during summer 2010.

Nolan will produce with partner Emma Thomas, who served as a producer on The Dark Knight.

"Chris Nolan is a visionary filmmaker who continually raises the bar with each movie he makes," Warner Bros. Pictures Group president Jeff Robinov said. "We are thrilled to be collaborating again with him and Emma on this exciting new motion picture."

Inception is described as "a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind."

http://screenrant.com/shooting-details-christopher-nolan-inception-ross-17444/

The star studded cast (with Chris Nolan at the leftmost side):

inception-cast-header.jpg

Marion Cotillard, Ellen Page, Cillian Murphy, Michael caine, and Joseph Godon-Levitt ba yung isa dyan?

Post here if you want to see the film or if you have any comments.

No trailers are released yet.

Comments

• MasterVaderMasterVader PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Trailers to be shown on August 21, 2009 the same date na ipapakita ang Avatar film ni James Cameron.
    New set pictures... Please post comments naman.

leonardo-dicaprio-ellen-page-explosion-01.jpg
  • Trailers to be shown on August 21, 2009 the same date na ipapakita ang Avatar film ni James Cameron.

i'm stoked for this movie.. can't wait to see the trailer!
  • Inception Has $200 Million Budget?

When the project was first announced, most people assumed that Inception would be a smaller film that Christopher Nolan would film before returning to make a third Batman film. But with a budget of over $200 million (or possibly $178 Million if the initial number is Canadian dollars) the film isn’t looking so small after all.

This according to The Calgary Sun, who also claims that the psychological thriller will be filming in five different countries, including a “significant portion” in Kananaskis, Alberta (a rural district situated to the west of Calgary in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies). Apparently Nolan visited Canada twice scouting locations, looking at nearby foothills and mountainous areas by helicopter before choosing Fortress Mountain as the main Alberta location. The newspaper insists that the location shooting will be significant, employing hundreds, if not thousands, of local film workers beginning this Summer when construction on an “elaborate set” is scheduled to begin.

The plot is being kept under lock and key. MTV recently asked Joseph Gordon-Levitt to talk about the movie, and the star reluctantly responded:

"Here’s the thing… I cant wait to talk to you about [Inception] but I’ve been very specifically asked not to talk about it. I want to respect [director Chris Nolan's wishes] because I love his movies and I’m so honored and grateful to be working with him. He’s got a really specific idea and way he wants people to be presented with this thing."

All we know about the story so far is that the movie is a contemporary science fiction action movie “set within the architecture of the mind.” Leonardo DiCaprio plays the lead, a CEO-type, Marion Cotillard (La Vie en rose, Public Enemies) is his wife Ellen Page (Juno) is a young college grad student and DiCaprio’s sidekick, Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays an associate working for DiCaprio. Ken Watanabe will play the film’s villain, a man who is blackmailing Leonardo DiCaprio’s character. Tom Hardy (Bronson) is a member of DiCaprio’s team. Cillian Murphy (Batman Begins, Sunshine) and Michael Caine are also signed on, but no details are known about their characters.

Inception will begin production this summer, and is scheduled to hit theaters on July 16th 2010.

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/06/15/inception-has-200-million-budget/
    Trailer na tomorrow!
    Your mind is the scene of the crime.

Attached ba talaga 'to sa Inglourious Basterds? Digicam copy pa lang nakita ko e.
    HD Teaser:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2P2x_N7aDE
    Post your comments please.
  • MrSinisterMrSinister PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ wow, looks good!
  • MrSinisterMrSinister PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Early Basic Plot Details Revealed for Chris Nolan's Inception

So what is Inception about? Dreams. Leonardo DiCaprio plays Cobb, a "CEO-type" of a company that has designed a way to enter people's dreams. He is also somewhat of a criminal, using that ability to extract and implant information. Ellen Page plays a college student studying in Paris who is a part of his team (along with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tom Hardy). This team "creates" the dreams and Page is an architect or engineer of them. The way the enter the dreams is through an injection (not a machine) and the technology can be transported in a suitcase, which means they can do it almost anywhere (which should be cool).

Cillian Murphy plays a businessman who is soon going to become the head of a company. Cobb wants to insert "an idea into Fischer’s mind to compel him to separate the company into two smaller companies." That gives you a sense of the kind of power they have - which is why this is such an intriguing concept. The other big key character is Ken Watanabe, who is blackmailing Cobb. Beyond that, and to stay out of spoiler territory, we're not really sure what his involvement or motive is, but he is the closest to a villain in the movie. Additionally, Marion Cotillard plays Cobb's wife, who causes some trouble, which we won't get into.
  • http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbol/uk/movies/hourglass/hourglass_c82jh1_trlrf1sd_qt_high.mov

INCEPTION stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy, Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The film started its principal photography in July, and will hit theaters July, 2010. Directed by Christopher Nolan, the film is a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind.
    More Set Pics:

inception00.jpg
    inception01.jpg
    inception02.jpg
    inception03.jpg
    inception04.jpg
  • holy $#1% I REALLY can't wait to see this...especially Marion(I'm a huuuge fan of hers :bashful:)!

Too bad it's going to premiere July 2010. Argggh! :grrr:
  • jammerakwaii10jammerakwaii10 SeeTheLight PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    HD Teaser:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2P2x_N7aDE
    Post your comments please.

Such a bad*ss trailer! I can't wait to see this film.

I'm looking forward to 2010! Inception will be my number 1 must-see-movie, then Angie's Salt, and then Burton's Alice in the Wonderland. :lol:
  • WOW!!! a movie of Leonardo DiCaprio coming soon and with a great cast this is a sure good movie worth watching. i cant wait to watch it next year..im a fan of Leonardo dicaprio.. a great actor
    Second Teaser:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Z3PlZTSdI

Astigin, kahit hindi ni-reveal ang plot.
  • st.angerst.anger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i sense more awesomeness from Nolan.

but no need to spam to get attention though. it will gain hype on its own.
  • jefflacsjefflacs PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    it is intriguing. wala akong nagets sa trailer :(
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2010/01/bigger-than-batman-christopher-nolan-says-inception-is-the-biggest-challenge-ive-taken-on-.html
    So what exactly is “Inception”? That’s a popular question after a visually dazzling but enigmatic trailer was released for a film that didn’t exactly clear things up with its title.

Is it an international thriller? A story of madness and lost love? Or Hollywood’s very first metaphysical heist movie? The answer is “all of the above,” according to writer-director Christopher Nolan, whose follow-up to “The Dark Knight” seems to have Ian Fleming, the Wachowski Brothers and Sigmund Freud as its spiritual advisors.

“I think we’ve put a lot of different things into the pot with this one,” Nolan said this week during a break from the editing bay.

“I grew up watching James Bond films and loving those and watching spy movies with their globetrotting sensibility.... We get to do that here, not just geographically but also in time and dimensions of reality as well. We get to make a movie that’s expansive, I suppose you’d say, in four dimensions.”

The Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. release is shaping up as one of the most intriguing releases of 2010. Leonardo DiCaprio leads a cast that includes Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy, Michael Caine, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page and Ken Watanabe.

The film was produced by Emma Thomas, who is Nolan's wife as well as his career partner. She said that "Inception" is a story that requires a huge canvas. The pair didn't set out looking for a way to top their Batman epic in scope, that's just where Nolan's "Inception" script took them.

“It’s something that we had been talking about on and off for seven or eight years," Thomas said. "Coming off of the ‘The Dark Knight,’ the only thing we really knew is that we wanted to do something more personal. It seemed like the right time to do this. The fact that it’s really just an enormous movie -- that wasn’t ever really a factor in the decision. This story lends itself to a movie of this size."

A key part of the premise is corporate espionage by way of dream invasion, but motives and even reality are slippery in a film that toys with perception as its travels through time and space. The crew covered a lot of territory too, filming in six countries.

“This is the biggest challenge I’ve taken on to this point,” said Nolan, who may return to Gotham City for his next feature. “We’re trying to tell a story on a massive scale, a true blockbuster scale – the biggest I’ve ever been involved with. We tried to make a very large-scale film with ‘The Dark Knight’ and with this one we wanted to push that even further.”

-- Geoff Boucher