Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Warcraft (The Movie)

Sam Raimi's directing Warcraft

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/sam-raimi-s-directing-warcraft/

Sam Raimi has signed on to helm an adaptation of Blizzard's fantasy video game adventure World Of Warcraft.

For the three people who aren't aware of Warcraft, it's the massively multiplayer fantasy adventure game currently enjoyed by millions of people around the world.

Warcraft producers Blizzard and Legendary Entertainment are teaming up to bring it to the screen with Warners stumping up the rest of the cash.

And no, Raimi's he's not dropping out of Spider-Man 4 - he'll quietly develop Warcraft as he shoots the latest web-slinging adventure, then move on to making it.

sam-raimis-directing-warcraft.jpg

There's no detail yet on a plot - the script isn't even on paper yet - but it'll mostly likely focus on the battle between good guys the Alliance and the evil Horde.

"At its core, Warcraft is a fantastic, action-packed story," says Raimi in a statement, and he's certainly right about that.

In this war of survival, are you #ForTheHORDE or #ForTheALLIANCE? 69 votes

Horde
37%
etxeteraSirZapMaAtPaBatangMannitoljl3001Ahura Mazdasilverwhiznu_metalJobyBryant24L0rd_xer0crycrybabydeniedrequestskatze_schmuselovixLeo_tolstoy_970x7isley17LynxXxMBdemigodsasuman 26 votes
Alliance
62%
gungiecamronartalm_2604im.an.emo.kidsophionGhost Riderangel_thegame11bigheartJSmoovebayaniVANblender79Rick_diasgotta lick itdowaitoFatFingerzAkeenatordark_runicAya_AlexaSmurfs1992Strider07 43 votes

Comments

• woohh! im once addicted to this game, i hope it would be good
  • wow...im hoping for the lotr-esque epicness.
  • sisigaw kaya sila ng wicked sick pag nagkaroon ng killing spree?
  • ^ that's dota dude. totally different from wow :glee: and the sounds from dota are from quake
  • #1 critic#1 critic PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Magrerebolusyon ako pag wala si Prince Arthas dito.
  • ^yep hindi dapat mawala si prince arthas.

Dapat live action na lang muna ng Final Fantasy at syempre *** hollywood made.
    Ngayon pa nga lang nagcacasting na ko. That Eric guy in True Blood. Hmmm... Yum.
  • nu_metalnu_metal PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Horde
    Huge production ang talagang kailangan dito, ala-Lord of the Rings.:)

And it is good na si Sam Raimi(Evil Dead series, SpiderMan, Drag me to Hell) ang napiling magdi-direct nito.
  • nu_metalnu_metal PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Horde
    I'm also excited on how will they gonna portray the scene of my fave Race: the Undead. :evil_lol:
  • MrSinisterMrSinister PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Director Sam Raimi was recently at the TCA's promoting the Starz channel new project, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, when we were able to corner him for a quick question about the upcoming World of Warcraft movie.

When asked what specifically drew him to the project, Raimi responded positively about the story and the creative team involved. "I love the mythology, the characters," said the director. "It's just a great action-packed story at the center of it. Plus I really like the guys at Blizzard and Chuck Roven's a great producer. The whole team seems to be top quality."
  • sickmaggotsickmaggot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Superman Returns star Brandon Routh chatted with MTV at San Diego Comic-Con about the live-action Warcraft movie. Routh -- a gamer and self-professed World of Warcraft fan who was wearing a Warcraft t-shirt during the interview -- was unsubtly angling for a role in the long-awaited film adaptation.

"I know they just announced that Sam Raimi is gonna be directing and again that's very cool. And my friends over at Legendary [who also produced Superman Returns] are working on that so, you know, I'm looking forward to what's gonna happen with that," Routh said. He also called the folks at Blizzard Entertainment "great."

When pressed if he's hoping for a call to be in the movie, Routh said, "You know, might get a little action, a little sword-fighting. That'd be a lot of fun."
  • SAMUEL L JACKSON FOR THRALL

Vern Troyer for a gnome mage hehe
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ain't there already an existing thread about this?
    Where? Link please.
  • st.angerst.anger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    but this is the original thread. merge :D
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Nyek, one day difference :laugh: sige...Modz, pa-merge po nito
    This summer, Blizzard Entertainment and Legendary Pictures decided it was time for the Warcraft franchise to move outside the gaming world and into the film one. They hired the Evil Dead, Drag Me To Hell, Spider-Man director to bring a World of Warcraft movie to theaters in 2011, and IMDB just changed the title.

IMDB has some drastic updates. The Warcraft entry no longer has the film listed there under “WARCRAFT”. It has been replaced by four new film sub-entries based on Warcraft, including the South Park episode, and other independent non-Blizzard films based on Warcraft or MMOs. The Warcraft film developed by Legendary Pictures and Blizzard Entertainment has been “apparently” renamed to:

WARCRAFT: THE RISE OF THE LICH KING

The film is approximately slated for 2011 according to IMDB. This title gives us an idea that the film will be somehow based on some of the scenes of World of Warcraft: Rise of the Lich King novel by Christie Golden, which contains heavy references to scenes from Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. A film based on Arthas as a main figure is definitely attractive to the audience, either to fans or to viewers new to the fantasy storyline. The life of Arthas is one saturated of tragic things that led him to take different type of choices. Some that drove him to the brink of insanity, shredding away the last vestiges of his humanity. Arthas took an oath giving up his soul if he was empowered to slay the enemy that destroyed his land. An oath he took to save his people. The runeblade Frostmourne damned him.
  • zelaizelai PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I used to play the game. Looking forward to watch it on the big screen. :)

Gusto ko na makita mga bakulaw este- ang mga Orcs!
    The World of Warcraft movie now has a screenwriter -- and he's certainly someone who knows a bit about war. Robert Rodat, who penned Steven Spielberg's Saving Private Ryan, is the man for the job. At least, that's what director Sam Raimi -- who will be helming the Warcraft film -- says.

Raimi also spoke a bit about the film's story while talking to MTV. He says the movie will be an original tale based on the overall game rather than a specific storyline.

"We would choose... something that encompasses lands and characters and storylines, and we would be true to it," says the director. "But our story may or may not be about one of those central characters. … We want to be really faithful to the game. We would have our writer, Robert Rodat, really craft an original story within that world that feels like a World of Warcraft adventure. Only obviously it's very different 'cause it's expanded and translated into the world of a motion picture."

The plan is to try to find "touchstones" within the game and portray them accurately in the film.

"I've never made a videogame movie," he continues, "but my approach would be to work with the best character writer I can find, which in this case is Robert Rodat, and tell a great character story within the fantastic environment of the world of Warcraft, while staying true to their mythology."