COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

***AIRASIA: World's BEST Low-Cost Airline***

boy_turistaboy_turista Ang Soloistang Flashpakista PExer
airasia.gif

Hi Travelistas and Backpackistas,

I believe it's time to set up a thread all about AIRASIA - experiences, complaints, promos, updates, SEAT SALE. :D Why? Because starting September 2009, Airasia will have it's first flight here in MANILA. Yes, you read it right. Not in Clark, Pampangga but in MANILA. :D So what does it mean? A new welcoming low-cost budget airline that will surely help us backpackistas and travelistas get on board easily to anywhere in the world. *okay*

So without further ado, here's the NEWS link as confirmed by the AIRASIA official to have their first flight in Manila JAKARTA-MANILA route to ABS CBN.

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/06/29/09/indonesia-airasia-launch-jakarta-manila-flights

"Now everyone can really fly..."

*okay*

Comments

• boy_turistaboy_turista Ang Soloistang Flashpakista PExer
    Indonesia AirAsia to launch Jakarta-Manila flights

By Judith Balea, abs-cbnNEWS.com | 06/29/2009 10:48 AM

SEPANG, Malaysia - Indonesia AirAsia is all set to commence daily flights between Jakarta and Manila in September, competing against the lone budget carrier servicing this route, a top official of the airline said at the sidelines of a partnership unveiling with the Oakland Raiders here on Friday.

"We are just finalizing some things but we are ready to begin our Manila service in September," Indonesia AirAsia president director Dharmadi told abs-cbnNEWS.com, noting that the new service signifies their optimism that demand for low-cost travel will be sustained this year.

Dharmadi said they are hoping to capture a substantial share of the volume of passengers traveling back and forth Jakarta and Manila, a route currently dominated by Philippine budget carrier Cebu Pacific.

The Philippines is just one of the new destinations Indonesia AirAsia is adding in an effort to grow its regional services. The airline is also flying to Denpasar-Perth, Australia starting July, and Saigon, Vietnam beginning September.

It is also boosting services on existing routes. Its Jakarta-Singapore and Denpasar-Singapore flights, for instance, would be doubled to 4 times a day while its Kuala Lumpur flights would be increased from 2 to 3 per day, according to Dharmadi.

While airlines worldwide cut capacity and ground planes to cope with the economic crisis, Dharmadi said Indonesia AirAsia continues to expand to take advantage of travelers' growing preference for budget carriers in order to trim costs.

"I think the crisis has affected long-haul flights. But for short-haul, the growth is stable in terms of capacity and load factor. Passenger volume is still growing," he said.

Dharmadi noted that they also remain unfazed by the spread of the A(H1N1) influenza virus across Asia Pacific where, based on data from the International Air Transport Association, a 14.3 percent drop in passenger air traffic was recorded in May.

"We are still expecting our passenger volume across the region to grow 5 percent this year," he said.

Dharmadi said Indonesia AirAsia is determined to bolster ticket sales through several measures such as scrapping administrative fees and surcharges to further reduce air fares.

"Lowering fares is the only way to get volume and encourage traveling these days," he explained.

as of 06/29/2009 4:09 PM
  • purpleheadd07purpleheadd07 Babae po ako PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    uhm, i'm not so sure about the World' Best thing but yeah, i'd choose it over Cebu Pac anytime. ;)
    uhm, i'm not so sure about the World' Best thing but yeah, i'd choose it over Cebu Pac anytime. ;)

Well, it's their branding to begin with. :lol:
  • ileinaileina Member PExer
    Yeah, but I'll make sure to take Express Boarding. Ayaw ko ng tumatakbo to the plane just to get good seats! :hmm:

Actually, I don't mind the not-so-good seats but it's the running and jostling that I don't want to experience.
    ileina wrote: »
    Yeah, but I'll make sure to take Express Boarding. Ayaw ko ng tumatakbo to the plane just to get good seats! :hmm:

Actually, I don't mind that not-so-good seats but it's the running and jostling that I don't want to experience.

Can I still avail Express Boarding even I purchased tickets in advance already? Since kelan ang last flight mo via Airasia? AFAIK, meron ng seat selector online to resolve nga yang takbuhan adventure ng mga passengers to the aircraft. :hmm:
  • ileinaileina Member PExer
    Can I still avail Express Boarding even I purchased tickets in advance already? Since kelan ang last flight mo via Airasia? AFAIK, meron ng seat selector online to resolve nga yang takbuhan adventure ng mga passengers to the aircraft. :hmm:

Ah talaga? :bashful: Haha, last year pa, Aug. Pero yun nga, you have to pay the additional fee of either Express Boarding or Seat Selector para you don't go through all that hassle.

Not sure sorry, but worth asking them through email. But I guess if you have the Seat Selector option, no need? :)
    ileina wrote: »
    Ah talaga? :bashful: Haha, last year pa, Aug. Pero yun nga, you have to pay the additional fee of either Express Boarding or Seat Selector para you don't go through all that hassle.

Not sure sorry, but worth asking them through email. But I guess if you have the Seat Selector option, no need? :)

yeah.pwede seat selector kahit nakabili ka na ng ticket.wala ng takbuhan ngayon sa airasia tulad ng naranasan mo.nag-improve na services nila so far. :D
    Nung napanuod ko ito, parang similar sa mga commercial natin dito sa pinas. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZy1MHnY3js&feature=related
  • ground_breakground_break Pexer PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yey!

More Air Asia! More!
  • rap_sd6rap_sd6 iamgoingnow.blogspot.com PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I have taken airasia before and honestly, there is no need to run for your plane seats as seats are NUMBERED. no matter how fast you run, you cannot just take any seat available since you will still have to follow your seat number which is printed on your sort of boarding pass na thermal paper lang:-)
  • gwapsgwaps tulog ... PExer
    i never had a problem with an air asia flight.

All the flights i took with them was on time.

I even brave taking a flight from Manila that arrived a few minutes before 4PM and then boarded a 6PM flight to Langkawi on the same day.

my comment is that i hate a) the legroom and b) the race to the seats. I say comment because i can't really say complain. It's a budget airline and i spend only around 2K per international flight.
  • waterwellwaterwell summer time machine blues PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    rap_sd6 wrote: »
    I have taken airasia before and honestly, there is no need to run for your plane seats as seats are NUMBERED. no matter how fast you run, you cannot just take any seat available since you will still have to follow your seat number which is printed on your sort of boarding pass na thermal paper lang:-)

yeah, this is true. parang they randomly assign your seat number. even when i tried to check-in online last week for my flight, kita ko na kaagad yung seat number ko. maliit lang yung planes nila, pero i love airasia, hehe. maganda yung may direct na to manila, kasi ang layo ng clark. and with manila-jakarta, super dali na mag-bali!
  • hiroyukihiroyuki The Programmer PEx Expert 🎖️
    okay sana kaso katakot naman yung paghandle nila ng baggage..hehhee

watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcTtBXEXdMs&feature=fvw
  • nyxhitchart_frnyxhitchart_fr Member PExer
    sa website nila parang manila-malaysia lang ang flight? tama ba?
    sa website nila parang manila-malaysia lang ang flight? tama ba?

as of now, ang route nila ay to/from clark,pampangga not Manila. At yes, to Malaysia pa lang sa ngayon. kaya if you read my post at the start, may Indonesia na by September this year.

Hindi lang yan, AirAsia has plans to expand its network in The Philippines, particularly in the city of Cebu, Davao City, Manila and Zamboanga City. So, sooner, may kalaban na Cebu Pac na mas mura ang fare. Wait lang tayo. :lol:*okay*
  • feifeikoklandfeifeikokland Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I like AirAsia too better compared to CebuPacific

they even have KL to London flight inexpensive price

they even targeting to have a flight to US soon wow!
  • dunk1980dunk1980 Member PExer
    what is the easiest way to clark from manila? i read meron daw bus from megamall but i cannot seem to locate where the bus terminal for that is.
  • rickydmdrickydmd Member PExer
    dunk1980 wrote: »
    what is the easiest way to clark from manila? i read meron daw bus from megamall but i cannot seem to locate where the bus terminal for that is.

The PHILTRANCO waiting shed (not a terminal really) is at the back of Megamall, in the area of Watson's. There is a small signage hanging above the waiting shed. You can ask the security guards. The buses come from the Philtranco bus terminal in Pasay City and just pass by Megamall to pick up passengers.

Also, you may want to check the DMIA/Clark airport thread:
    http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368177
  • dunk1980dunk1980 Member PExer
    thanks rickydmd! sa shed lang pala hehehehe. i was really looking for a station eh. excited will be going to KL and Bali this coming august.
  • ben cabigasben cabigas Member PExer
    I love AirAsia! I've traveled with AirAsia to around 5 destinations when I was still based in KL and never have I been pissed with their service.

True, it's free seating (last time I flew) and you have to buy your own food, etc. but hey, they make it clear they're a budget airline anyway. They're almost always on time unlike CebuPac. If they start having Manila flights, I'll definitely fly with them!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file