Home PEx Campus De La Salle University
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Is it good to take a masters degree even if you are not an CS ST major?

I was just thinking if it would be worth it to take a masters degree right after my bachelor's even though I'm not an Software Technology major. Kasi may 1 year ladderal system of some sort yung ST majors right? Like they can take masters for a year right away. What about the other majors in CS? Also, what are the advantages of having a master's degree?

Comments

• commonercommoner Honorary Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    As long as your undergrad is CS, pwede ka na magmasteral in CS. You don't have to be ST to master in ST.

Since it's now the recession and no one is hiring, might as well study some more and boost your resume.
  • Depends. I would advice that you look for work first before taking up your masters because work experience will always be in a totally different league from a masters degree.

Unless you want to be a professor agad, try working for 2 years, see if the field is for you and continue your masters degree. Hindi rin naman kasi sure if you'll be in IT forever kaya better try working first para di masayang MSCS mo :)
    Hmmm good suggestion. After 4 years of CS, I realized that it's not for me. :rotflmao:

(Actually 2nd year palang pero nandyan na eh, sayang yun oras kung magsshift pa ako, I'm not gonna let my course dictate my career anyway.)
  • Ako rin I was wondering...:rotflmao:sorry kung medyo OT

Gusto ko rin mag-masters sa isang course na hindi masyado related sa Bachelor's degree ko. Sobrang love ko na kasi ang philo ngayon pero lit major ako.
    Philo isn't that far from Lit. It's still under Liberal Arts. Philo is handled by the Lit department AFAIK.
  • commoner wrote: »
    Philo isn't that far from Lit. It's still under Liberal Arts. Philo is handled by the Lit department AFAIK.

Philosophy has its own department. :rotflmao: Magkaibang department sila and besides...they're completely different disciplines.
    Whoops my bad, i was thinking of Humaart which is handled by the Lit department.
  • commoner wrote: »
    As long as your undergrad is CS, pwede ka na magmasteral in CS. You don't have to be ST to master in ST.

Since it's now the recession and no one is hiring, might as well study some more and boost your resume.

alam ko kahit nga di ka CS, pwede ka pa mag MSCS. May mga nagmmasters kasi na kumukuha ulit ng basic java e hehehe