Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

Anyone here like Uni Sushi/Sashimi?

aticusaticus PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
I know most people find it icky, but I love the stuff!! :D

My favorite combo is to order a full uni sashimi, then eat it with some chirashi sushi or a bowl of tekka don. :)

Is there anyone else here who likes the stuff, or am I a lone wolf here? :)

Pls. post your favorite uni sushi place as well. Mine's SUGI. Yum yum. :)

Comments

• IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    Ugggggh! Sipon-looking stuff! Just looking at uni already conjures to mind thoughts of pneumonia patients with purulent sputum--uggggh!
  • aticusaticus PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Ira
    Ugggggh! Sipon-looking stuff! Just looking at uni already conjures to mind thoughts of pneumonia patients with purulent sputum--uggggh!

That's why I never thought of becoming a doctor! :) I love my food too much... :lol:
  • i love uni!! :p i didn't eat it when i was younger, but when i tried it, i was hooked. my favorite sushi place in manila would have to be Sugi and Inaho Tei. Uni comes a close second to my ultimate sushi passion..UNAGI :yum:
  • I love sashimi/sushi!! just reading this thread makes my mouth water! I don't know pero nakaka-adik talaga! I love the texture and the coldness of raw fish inside my mouth and the taste of wasabe which is soooooo addicting!!!

:goon:
  • finally, some peeps who understand the wonderful gastronomic delights of sashimi! it's super true! there's nothing like the texture of sashimi and soy sauce with a hill of wasabi =j!

you guys should try nippon cuisine along jupiter street. it's not much of a place from the outside, but they have great food. that is, last time i was there.
    Originally posted by ShaRRY~*
    finally, some peeps who understand the wonderful gastronomic delights of sashimi! it's super true! there's nothing like the texture of sashimi and soy sauce with a hill of wasabi =j!

you guys should try nippon cuisine along jupiter street. it's not much of a place from the outside, but they have great food. that is, last time i was there.

Wonderful! :) I LOVE a hill of wasabi... actually, I eat my sashimi this way:

I put a small glob of wasabi ON the sashimi then I dip it into the soy sauce, careful not to dilute too much of the wasabi... then... yummmmmm... :)
  • UNI???? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

shet...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    Just had some uni sashimi a little while ago. :)

Yum... yum... :D
  • Originally posted by ShaRRY~*

A small correction, Nippon Cuisine is located along Polaris St. (right beside Alba Restaurant)cor. Durban.

The look and texture of uni sashimi can be unappetizing but after getting used to it, it's a culinary delight! :D
  • Originally posted by Ate Ronee

A small correction, Nippon Cuisine is located along Polaris St. (right beside Alba Restaurant)cor. Durban.

The look and texture of uni sashimi can be unappetizing but after getting used to it, it's a culinary delight! :D

oops! my bad! my mom is right beside me laughing her head off, being smug about my totally having no sense of direction. oh well. =j!

sashimi forevah!!!

oops! my bad! my mom is right beside me laughing her head off, being smug about my totally having no sense of direction. oh well. =j!

sashimi forevah!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

I'll go try that place sometime soon...

:D
  • wasabi,

dang! i can eat sushi and sashimi all day if i could. :lol:
    Just want to revive this thread and tell you about a neat new place I found. :) It's called "Maguro" and it's located somewhere in Teacher's Village, on the same street as Sulu Hotel. (There's another Maguro in Eunilaine... that's not the Maguro I'm referring to...) :)

A good, heaping order of uni sashimi is only P180. Tekka Maki is P50. California Maki is P55 (i think). Salmon Sashimi (big order) is P200. :) This is where I buy my sashimi and sushi now. Don't expect fantastic ambiance, and the place is small, but you can't beat the prices.

Plus, their Uni tastes goooooooood... :D
  • IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    Originally posted by aticus
    Plus, their Uni tastes goooooooood... :D

Ugh! Sipon, anyone?
    Originally posted by Ira

Ugh! Sipon, anyone?

:lol:

That's why I didn't become a doctor, Ira, dear... I love my sashimi too much! ;)
  • i love sushi! :yum:

tokyo! tokyo! :D
  • Uni=DA BOMB!

oks lang yung sipon doc Ira, sarap naman e! besides, i have allergic rhinitis, kaya lagi namang barado ang nose ko, kaya the wasabi does wonders to the mucous in my nostrils :freak: hehehe.

as for Nippon, medyo not really worth it ang food dun e. small servings and the price is pretty high for the food they offer. Sorry, critical kasi ako of Jap food e, my Dad goes to Japan a lot, kaya my family's pretty critical of Japanese restos here. Pero hey, try nyo pa rin yung Nippon, maybe they improved ;)
  • Luv it, extremely!!!!! OOoooooh, this is making me hungry!
  • I love Unagi!
  • i love sashimi!!! some people don't like the thought of eating raw fish but i like it!!! :lickout: sarap kumain nun sa saisaki... but i like my dad's sashimi better kasi may certain recipe sha eh... yummy! i like sushi na din kaso may certain taste ang wasabi na yaw ko eh... hehe! problema ba yun edi di na lang ako magwwasabi!!! :toofunny: