Home PEx International Entertainment International TV
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

The 2009 61st Primetime Emmy Awards - hosted by Neil Patrick Harris

Comments

• aeonflux23 wrote: »
    buti na lang walang pasok ng 21 :glee:

onga! mapapanood natin nang live yay! :bounce:
  • flipperoo wrote: »
    Snubs: papasok sa Comedy ang Chuck diba. ok sana yung supporting dun, si Major Casey.

yeah, i agree...you'll either love or hate "copface" casey. :glee:

just a week to go...
  • Malapit na ang Emmy's! :) Glad to know that some of my most favorite shows are nominated this year.

Tina Fey, Neil Patrick Harris, Steve Carell and Hugh Laurie! :love:
  • HBO leads Creative Arts Emmy winners
    Fey, Timberlake hand "SNL" comedy honors

By Nellie Andreeva
    Sept 12, 2009, 10:33 PM ET

HBO once again led the pack at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards Saturday with 16 wins, followed by NBC with 11 and ABC and Fox with eight.

On the heels of one of its most-talked about seasons, NBC’s venerable sketch comedy series “Saturday Night Live” won both acting comedy awards for the night.

Justin Timberlake make history by becoming the first-ever "Saturday Night Live" host to win an Emmy for those duties in the guest actor in a comedy series category, while Tina Fey was named best guest actress in a comedy series for her impersonation of Gov. Sarah Palin.

On the drama side, Ellen Burstyn and Michael J. Fox won for their guest stints on NBC’s “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” and FX’s “Rescue Me,” respectively.

In the reality series category, A&E’s “Intervention” snapped the two-year winning streak of Bravo’s “Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List” with its first Emmy win.

Two variety, music or comedy special categories were moved to the Creative Emmys after the category split approved this spring.

Chris Rock won for his HBO special “Chris Rock: Kill the Messenger” in the writing for variety, music or comedy special, while the directing award went to Bucky Gunts for the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics.

Two veterans, Comedy Central’s “South Park” and “The Simpsons’” Dan Castellaneta won best animated series and best voice over performance in an animated series.

Overall, PBS’ “Little Dorrit” nabbed the most awards, four.

HBO Documentary Films president Sheila Nevins was presented with the Governors Award.

Telecast of the ceremony, hosted by Kathy Griffin, will air Sept. 18 on E!.

A selected list of the winners follows:
    (mahaba eh, spoiler tag na lang!)
    [crouching-tiger-disappearing-spoiler]Reality Program: Intervention, A&E
    Animated Program (less than an hour): South Park, Comedy Central
    Animated Program (more than an hour): Destination Imagination/Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Cartoon Network
    Nonfiction Series: American Masters, PBS
    Nonfiction Special: 102 Minutes That Changed America, History
    Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Michael J. Fox, Rescue Me (FX)
    Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Ellen Burstyn, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC)
    Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Tina Fey, Saturday Night Live (NBC)
    Guest Actor in a Comedy Series: Justin Timberlake, Saturday Night Live (NBC)
    Children's Program: Wizards of Waverly Place, Disney Channel
    Commercial: Heist, Coca-Cola
    Cinematography for a Miniseries or Movie: Little Dorrit, Pt. 1, PBS
    Cinematography for a One-Hour Series: The Tudors, Showtime
    Cinematography for a Half-Hour Series: Californication, Showtime
    Special Visual Effects for a Miniseries, Movie or Special: Generation Kill, HBO
    Special Visual Effects for a Series: Heroes, NBC
    Costumes for a Music/Variety Program or a Special: So You Think You Can Dance (FOX)
    Costumes for a Series: Pushing Daisies, ABC
    Costumes for a Movie, Miniseries or a Special: Little Dorrit, PBS
    Prosthetic Makeup for a Movie, Miniseries or a Special: Grey Gardens, HBO
    Non-Prosthetic Makeup for a Movie or Miniseries: The Irena Sendler Story: A Hallmark Hall of Fame Presentation, CBS
    Non-Prosthetic Makeup for a Single-Camera Series: Pushing Daisies, ABC
    Non-Prosthetic Makeup for a Multi-Camera Series: MadTV, FOX
    Hairstyling for a Single-Camera Series: Mad Men, AMC
    Hairstyling for a Multi-Camera Series: Dancing with the Stars, ABC
    Hairstyling for a Movie or Miniseries: Grey Gardens, HBO
    Main Title Design: United States of Tara, Showtime
    Voiceover Performance: Dan Castellaneta, The Simpsons (FOX)
    Choreography: 81st Annual Academy Awards (ABC) AND So You Think You Can Dance (FOX)
    Music Direction: Streisand: The Concert, CBS
    Music Composition for a Series: Legend of the Seeker, syndicated
    Music Composition for a Miniseries, Movie or Special (Original Dramatic Score): Into the Storm, HBO
    Casting for a Drama Series: True Blood, HBO
    Casting for a Movie, Miniseries or Special: Little Dorrit, PBS
    Casting for a Comedy Series: 30 Rock, NBC[/crouching-tiger-disappearing-spoiler]

SOURCE
  • I'm moving into my apartment this weekend, AND I MIGHT NOT HAVE CABLE!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Must. watch. Neil Patrick Harris. :drive:
  • mini_stopmini_stop 10th PEx Oscar Pool Top 10
    aeonflux23 wrote: »
    buti na lang walang pasok ng 21 :glee:

*okay*
    I'm moving into my apartment this weekend, AND I MIGHT NOT HAVE CABLE!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Must. watch. Neil Patrick Harris. :drive:

May coverage naman yata ang Studio 23. :D
  • ^ Haha. Taga California ako. :laugh:
    ^ Haha. Taga California ako. :laugh:

Hahahaha! :hiya: Sorry naman. Sige, I'll just help you pray. :wink::lol:
  • mananalo sa best actor in a drama series siguro si hugh laurie.

tapos sa best actress in a comedy series si tina fey na yan siguro.

outstanding male in a comedy series: jim parsons

outstanding actor in a comedy series: with kevin dillon.

best comedy series: for me it's a toss-up between entourage and 30 rock.
  • You think Jim Parsons will win against Alec Baldwin????
  • no, but why not?
  • Wala lang. I'm not saying Jim can't or shouldn't win. But Alec is the heavy favorite. I was just confused whether you were listing your predictions or your personal picks. ;)
    Wala lang. I'm not saying Jim can't or shouldn't win. But Alec is the heavy favorite. I was just confused whether you were listing your predictions or your personal picks. ;)

How about Steve Carell? Perennial nominee na lang ba siya? I've been rooting for him since The Office started. :bop:
  • Besides NPH winning Best Supporting Actor, I would love nothing else but to see Steve get the Best Actor award!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I love him and his portrayal of Michael Scott. A brilliant mix of comedy and heart!
    Besides NPH winning Best Supporting Actor, I would love nothing else but to see Steve get the Best Actor award!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I love him and his portrayal of Michael Scott. A brilliant mix of comedy and heart!

I'd like to see Steve Carell (or Jim Parsons), Neil Patrick Harris, Christina Applegate, and Kristine Chenoweth (or Vanessa Williams) win. But I know, long shot ang mga yan, lalo na yung sa female categories. :bop:
  • Why is Jeremy Piven not in the list?
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    ^ My theory is may negative publicity kasi sa kanya last year kasi nag quit siya abruptly sa isang Broadway play and I guess nairita ang mga Emmy voters sa kanya. Same theory din for Katherine Heigl na-snub because of negative publicity din.

As for my predictions, lock na yung Outstanding Comedy for 30 Rock and Outstanding Drama for Mad Men if they don't win I will be shocked.

As for the acting categories, although front runner si Alec Baldwin, I would not count out Jim Parsons din since he recently won the award for outstanding actor in a comedy series sa Television Critics Association plus the episode he submitted for contention. yung Christmas episode where Penny gave him a gift, nakakatawa talaga yung last scene ni Jim doon so it might stick to the voters . Although I think may chance din naman si Steve Carell since aside na overdue na siya, last season of The Office was for me HIS season, he was at his best.

As for the comedy actress, nanalo na si Tina Fey for Outstanding Guest Actress for SNL for her portrayal of Sarah Palin so I guess this lessen her chances of winning for Lead Actress sa 30 Rock, I think makakalaban niya dito si Toni Collete for United States of Tara, the nature of her character is hard and she pulled it off.

If NPH wont win Supporting Actor, I will be shocked, the fact kasi na kinuha siyang host shows the academy likes him and without Piven this time, his chances are higher. But don't count out an upset.

Supporting Actress toss up na lang yan between Amy Poehler of SNL and Jane Krakowski. Personally, I would pick Kristin Chenoweth but that's a long shot since well last year pa canceled ang Pushing Daisies so the buzz died down, I'm already happy she got a nod. Which reminds me congratulations to Pushing Daisies for winning 3 Creative Arts Emmys for Costume,Art Direction and Non-Prosthetic Make Up, well deserved :handsdown:

As for the Drama acting categories, I guess yung mga actors and actresses from the US cable dramas will win. My personal preferences naman Michael Emerson for LOST and either Sandra or Chandra for Grey's Anatomy since those three have been pretty consistent sa performances nila and ilang beses na sila nanonominate, its about time they win.

Sa Reality Competition Program naman baka manalo American Idol since madami silang napalunan sa Creative Arts Emmys. Pero sana The Amazing Race pa rin manalo, they had another great season naman eh plus madami din kasing flaws sa production ng AI last season. Sayang kasi wala na namang Survivor, if they were nominated I would root for them.
  • Kristin Chenoweth, anyone?
  • Kristin Chenoweth, anyone?

I would LOVE for her to win an Emmy! But I'll also be happy if either Amy Poehler or Jane Krakowski wins. It's a tough race. :D
  • farkasfarkas PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hugh Laurie for Best Actor, please?