Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Green Lantern

MrSinisterMrSinister PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Ryan Reynolds has landed the coveted role of “Green Lantern,” getting the starring role in Warner Bros.' live-action film based on the DC Comics hero.

Martin Campbell will direct. The studio is still working on the picture’s budget, but production is expected to begin in January.

The news caps off a memorable summer for Reynolds, who played Deadpool in “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” a performance that prompted Fox to begin development on a spinoff film. Reynolds followed that by starring opposite Sandra Bullock in the romantic comedy “The Proposal,” which crossed the $100 million mark this week.

Warners and Campbell chose Reynolds, who vied for the superhero role along with “The Hangover” star Bradley Cooper and Jared Leto. The momentum built for Reynolds in the last week, as he was the only actor whose option was extended.

Greg Berlanti wrote the script with Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green. Donald DeLine will produce with Berlanti. Reynolds’ reps at UTA are working out his deal.

Comments

• Deadpool (Marvel) and Green Lantern (DC) , best of both worlds for ryan
  • good luck berg...make us proud.

i hope it doesnt derail deadpool.
  • sickmaggotsickmaggot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Deadpool, Green Lantern and Scarlett Jo.... lucky guy
  • carlhirocarlhiro PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Some are considering Bradley Cooper for the role, pero mas gusto ko si Ryan Reynolds over him.
  • MrSinisterMrSinister PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    just finished watching Green Lantern: First Flight
    great movie
  • outmapoutmap PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Bradley Cooper is a better fit for Green Lantern. Ryan should focus on Deadpool, saktong sakto sa kanya yung role eh. If ever he wants to do a DC character, I think the Flash is better for him.
  • ^ many are doubting if Cooper could act well as Reynolds :) and Ryan's physique is better than Cooper.
  • just saw first flight and it's awesome...i have high hopes for the live action movie
  • It's a good thing that the Green Lantern is being played by Ryan Reynolds.. I'm not a racist but I grew up knowing that the Green Lantern is of a Caucasian descent.

In my opinion, it was racy for DC to make that decision when Justice League (animation series) came out as a fan-service to the "black" market.
    im really disappointed with Green Lantern: First Flight,
    kapag naging successful ito sa box-office sana ituloy nila sa Darkest Night
  • GL2814.5GL2814.5 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm assuming that the GL movie will have a slightly different twist in the story as compared to the comics. After all, this is a rule-of-thumb for most movies that were adapted from other media (i.e. comics, cartoons, etc).

I'm definitely looking forward to the live-action GL film and I do hope it would simply be the first of several GL films to come. I'm also hoping that they could find a way to introduce the other Sector 2814 GLs (Guy, John and Kyle) without necessarily turning Hal into Parallax all over again.
  • MrSinisterMrSinister PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    kapag naging box-office itong movie, gawin naman nila yung Blackest Night
    MrSinister wrote: »
    kapag naging box-office itong movie, gawin naman nila yung Blackest Night

I think it would be better if they adapted the Sinestro Corps war first before going into Blackest Night
  • paano na si deadpool?
  • This should have a different theme from the animated movie First Flight

I wonder if Guy Gardner or Jon Stewart would get cameos :D
  • Ryan Reynolds, already causing controversy by starring in different superhero projects from Marvel Comics and DC Comics, is going to need a lot more than a power ring to combat his deadliest foe yet: the global economy.

Production Weekly reports that production on "Green Lantern," the Reynolds-headlining superhero film from Warner Bros. and DC Comics, is currently in jeopardy due to the financial climate in Australia, where the film is currently pegged to shoot.

" proposed Australian shoot is understood to be under threat after the rising Australian dollar has blown out production costs," reports Production Weekly's Twitter feed.

If the rising dollar in Australia is preventing "Green Lantern" from getting made, why doesn't Warner Bros. simply change the shooting location? Well, that might be easier said than done.

A film of "Green Lantern" size is likely to pick its city very carefully, sizing up tax incentives and other monetary factors in order to make production as cost-effective as possible. So, while the movie could technically relocate, it probably couldn't do so without delaying production. "Green Lantern" has already changed dates once before from December 2010 to June 2011, and should a location change occur, it's entirely possible that the film could see yet another release date shift.

Assuming that "Green Lantern" does get delayed, what does that mean for "Deadpool," the other superhero project with Reynolds' name attached to it? Might a potential delay on "Green Lantern" require another actor to assume the role of Wade Wilson? If his ability to juggle both characters wasn't in question before, it certainly could be now.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/08/25/green-lantern-delayed-by-australian-economy/
    I assume that Australia is where they're gonna shoot the scene where Abin Sur hands over the ring to Hal.
  • GL2814.5 wrote: »
    I assume that Australia is where they're gonna shoot the scene where Abin Sur hands over the ring to Hal.

Or more like it's the ideal location of Coast City, hence the "A film of "Green Lantern" size is likely to pick its city very carefully, sizing up tax incentives and other monetary factors in order to make production as cost-effective as possible." from the article posted by hiro_nakamura.