COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

PROCTER & GAMBLE

lokolokolokoloko Member PExer
edited March 25 in The Working Filipino
I just wanna hear your two cents worth of opinion why i should go or not go to Procter and Gamble.. tnx : )

Comments

• CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Are you a fresh grad?

Why you should go to P&G:
    -If you work well, this will be a 'gem' in your resume in the future.
    -Salary is pretty good for fresh grads.
    -If you're after prestige and that Makati-Yuppie-feeling, then you should work there. If you want to go corporate, then P&G is it.
    -Some people say that training there is good. Especially for brand management.
    -You will be working with a lot of brilliant people. This would mean that you can learn from these people.

Why you shouldn't go to P&G:
    -Some people do not want to go corporate.
    -I have friends who worked with some people from P&G. They say that P&G is overrated because these people were clueless. Could be isolated cases, but well...
    -Do you have major issues with some of their products?
    -You don't want to work in Singapore. My friends who are working for P&G have now moved to Singapore.
  • zimdudezimdude indietechartist ✭✭
    What does the phrase mean?
    Working for a big company?
  • lokolokolokoloko Member PExer
    zimdude:i think so.: )
    Meron kayang binding contract sa P&G and how long?
    How much ang starting salary nila for fresh grad.?
    If you passed the exam how long will you wait for an interview? : )
    Pls. reply naman ASAP... :) need your help peeps...
    Based on what I know...

Starting Salary - If you're a 'normal' fresh grad (not dean's list, not cum laude, etc), I think it's around P18,000. Could be higher now since that amount was the 'going rate' for 1998. If you're an honor student, it will definitely be P20,000+. Summa cum laudes sometimes have signing bonuses. This is for brand management. I'm not sure about the other departments.

How long should you wait for an interview - Can be a few weeks, can be a few months. :) If you're an honor student, I think they process your papers faster. It also depends on their 'need'.
    Caramba.. Oic.. im a dean's lister with best thesis.. im a managemnyt major with major in computer... i think i applied at their I.T .. matagal kaya process noon? ilang interview kaya lahat?.. : ) tnx
    You have a good chance. As for the number of interviews, I cannot answer that question. I got as far as the first interview only. I screwed up during the interview, big time! Ehehe! :D Oh well... I'll try to ask my friends who are working in P&G to post here, no promises though. :)
    caramba tnx.. where do you work pala?
    If CaRaMBa passed that interview and joined P&G, PEx would not be the same... :)

Well, lokoloko, looks like you're cut out for it. Based on some earlier discussion here in PEx - where I posed the question, why not work for the likes of P&G - it seems to me that you don't get to do a lot of creative stuff there. That is also my personal bias.

But that is a large starting salary for a Metro Manila company.
    Originally posted by zimdude
    If CaRaMBa passed that interview and joined P&G, PEx would not be the same... :)

Well, lokoloko, looks like you're cut out for it. Based on some earlier discussion here in PEx - where I posed the question, why not work for the likes of P&G - it seems to me that you don't get to do a lot of creative stuff there. That is also my personal bias.

But that is a large starting salary for a Metro Manila company.

It's fine with me as long as i get a high starting pay... : ) why you have a personal bias about P&G?
    Nothing against the company. It's just not my type to work for big multinationals. Small ones pwede pa. :lol:
    Nothing against the company. It's just not my type to work for big multinationals. Small ones pwede pa. :lol:

where do you work ba? me, im currently working in a small solution provider.. : )
    lokoloko, you can read about zimdude in this thread: Member in Focus: zimdude

Let's just say that he can be considered one of the pioneers of the internet industry here in the Philippines.
    nakow nabuking ako :D thanks CaRaMBa :)

I'm working at inter.net.

Feeling ko lang kasi, what I would do at a P&G would have little to no effect on what happens at the company, and I wouldn't be able to see the fruit of my labor.

I guess there's not much real basis since I haven't tried it out!
  • jonjon a.k.a. recoil PExer
    it seems to me that you don't get to do a lot of creative stuff there. That is also my personal bias.

yup, that thing makes me think twice too... :)

--

cocs goodluck! follow up mo na yung interview mo.
  • blinkscreenblinkscreen Member PExer
    Originally posted by lokoloko
    Caramba.. Oic.. im a dean's lister with best thesis.. im a managemnyt major with major in computer... i think i applied at their I.T .. matagal kaya process noon? ilang interview kaya lahat?.. : ) tnx

4-5 interviews:
    the first is the screening interview
    the next three are the comprehensive interviews

• tr|n|tytr|n|ty the queen bee PExer
    uy a co-pexer of ours is going to work for P&G this may(unless he changes his mind), his nick on pex is piggy, he's a graduating senior Industrial Engineering Major from UP-D. From his kwento, i gathered that the starting salary is 20k+ and if he maintains his cum laude standing, i think he gets a signing bonus. I'll go tell him about this thread. :)

off topic:
    how much is a starting salary for fresh grads in a multi national firm in Manila?
  • lance_ryanlance_ryan keep it cool PExer
    How's life working for one of the most prolific and successful (?) multinationals around? I've heard gazillions of stories on how P&G employees get all these travel benefits and neat compensation packages, but - is finally working for P&G worth all the hype and hassle you get into as you apply?

I have a friend who works for their IT dept. who keeps on griping and complaining all day on supposed powerplaying and politics that are quite prevalent inside P&G's dog-eat-dog environment. However, I also have a cousin who says otherwise - that she's never experienced all the hearsays circulating around regarding P&G's culture.

One thing is certain though - word has it that P&G plans to layoff about 25000 jobs globally - which means they probably won't be as aggressive in hiring as they used to anymore.

So how's life nga ba inside P&G and is it a company worth applying for (and eventually working for)?
    I think it would be around 15K, for your typical "big multinational." I'm just guessing since I never applied :D

all the best to piggy!

btw back in my college days the phrase "selling soap" was used as an archetype. is it still the case?
  • PinaTigaSPinaTigaS Soundgarden PExer

Feeling ko lang kasi, what I would do at a P&G would have little to no effect on what happens at the company, and I wouldn't be able to see the fruit of my labor.

Well said zimdude :) Yan din ang patakaran ko ngayon kaya ang bagal bagal kong makahanap ng trabaho :D
  • leelayceleelayce tindera ng lupa at condo PExer

anong website ng procter and gamble philippines?

hindi yung sa US ha

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file