Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

lump on hard palate :(

hello!!! bago lang po ako dito and i found pinoyexchange forums very informative. :)

i have a lump on my hard palate (parang *** roof ng mouth naten), masakit sya minsan, minsan hindi...aside from the pain medyo uncomfortable din. i can't eat well kc as much as possible prevent ko na mabangga sya. mga 2 days na din to and lumabas sya after ko magkasakit.

please advise naman if you have encountered same problem

many thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• smilewarriorsmilewarrior Moderator PEx Moderator
    Soft or hard lump ? It could be a bony exostosis / torus palatinus ( buto kumbaga) or an infection.

You could have an occlusal x-ray taken. Please visit your dentist. You could also have an ENT / otolaryngologist take a look at it.
  • i also have that pero sa lower naman (mandible), but it was small and not painful and my dentist said na as long as it doesnt bother me, its okay to leave it as is. otherwise, surgery kailangan.
    ^ japs, what you have is most like torus mandibularis. Sobrang buto kumbaga, that doesn't really need attention unless it's beginning to bother you or unless you need a denture.
  • thank you po sa lahat ng response :)

ok na po, i used pyralvex, super effective :)

thank you ulit :)
  • Hi, doc! I have tori adjacent to my lateral incisors and I'm planning to have braces. Should I have the tori removed first before wearing braces? Will the tori affect the teeth movement?
    ^ I've answered your question in the braces thread. You will need to have it removed if you will ever need a lower removable denture. Otherwise no, unless something peculiar is noted when you are examined or from the occlusal x-ray.