Home PEx Campus College of Saint Benilde

Romancon Dance Company. May Hip-Hop na ulit?

Hey guys. I'm a Sophie from BSBA-EM in transitioning process to shift to AB-CDA. I took all my majors out and guess how many minor subjects was left for me.

DOS po. "2". PETRIID and INSOCIO. Both morning classes, the former on Tuesdays; 7:20am-9:40pm and the latter on Saturdays @ 9am-12pm. Well see I was a former Coro San Benildo Member when I was Froshie. Would have joined Romancon, only I heard their forte was Ballet and only Ballet I think which is not at all my thing as far as I know (>_>).

I was wondering if this year, they'll do hip-hop as well. I saw kasi these guys holding their post in Mutien and they were my former classmates last term in PETWODA. They danced REAL GOOD and hip-hop na hip-0hop talaga from head to toe. One guy even looked like Chris Brown din :P

so there. if you have any info about Romancon having a hip-hop subgroup, please let me know.

Oh and does anybody know where and when is the actual audition. Yung requirements narin if ever may routine ka na kailangan iprepare. forgot to sign up last star week eh. I was fixing my shifting forms kasi (~_~) hoping I can sign up nalang sa auditions mismo and do freestyle.

HELP please. need to do something productive and physical since I'll be bumming around my LOA-ish term. I'm getting Fn chubby (>_<):rolleyes:

Comments

• j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    As far as I know, the Dance Company was a result of a merger between two pre-existing dance groups which I happen to come across back in 2007. One of the groups are into urban/contemporary dance while the other is concentrated, I think, in classical and traditional dances.

I know some guys from BRDC so I could ask them if somehow they still retain some traits from each of the two former CSB dance groups before the merger.
  • j5bata wrote: »
    As far as I know, the Dance Company was a result of a merger between two pre-existing dance groups which I happen to come across back in 2007. One of the groups are into urban/contemporary dance while the other is concentrated, I think, in classical and traditional dances.

I know some guys from BRDC so I could ask them if somehow they still retain some traits from each of the two former CSB dance groups before the merger.
    wow contemporary? even better :bashful: please do j5bata and update about the details here please. I don't wanna do Ballet kasi eh. I don't want to sign up for the wrong thing naman for me.:rolleyes:
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Actually the ballet group ata was merged with the other dance group to create The Saint Benilde Romancon Dance Co as I've said previously. But sure, I'll ask my friends from the dance group anyway.
  • Actually I have a friend who's dancing for that group. His name is Andro De Rivera.
  • oh could you ask my inquiries here? like yun nga if they have hip-hop. oh and if I could still join. thank you!
  • Actuallt three groups na yung nagmerge eh
    FOOTWORKS DANCE THEATER
    BENILDANZE COMPANY
    CREW A615

Naging SBRDC na.

yung hip - hop na yan, if you've watched DANCE AVE. Last term, dun sila kinuha and pinagmerge narin sa amin. this is to prove that, all of us can do hip hop classical modern/contemporary. VERSATILITY at its best kumbaga. hahahahah! ang yabang no? sory.

hehehe! hello there, actually ako member ako ng
    St. Benilde Romancon Dance Company
    There are two ways on how to apply. First is yung :

"SUMMER WORKSHOP" This summer workshop is every April 20 to May 20. Then hindi lang dance ang may summer workshope, meron din music and theater.
    tapos pag mag ssummer workshop kayo sa amin sa SBRDC, you'll get to pay for mga P2,500 siguro for the teacher and the venue. afterwhich, meron tayong tinatawag na performance evaluation.

At the end of the Summer Workshop, choreographers and even our resident mentor/TEacher will be choreographing works for your evaluation.

Then may mga panelists jan sa ilalim ng stage at gingrade kayo based on your

[*]performance
    [*]development niyo throughout the workshop
    [*]attitude towards others and to what you are doing (dancing)
    [*]and how to deal with other professional dancers

Second is yung:
    STUDENT ARTIST RECRUITMENT WEEK
    eto yung one week audtions, nag oopen to usually hmmmmm. . . first term palagai. but, if you think na meron kayong SKILL, CAPABILITIES, TECHNIQUE when in come to danceing, why not go to S304, sa OFFICE OF CULTURE AND ARTS and present yourself that you are a one good dancer :-) but syempre di parin mawawala yung pagiging humble. be humble in your own ways din. a good dancer keeps and dont always brags about himself to others in words, he brags through actions, through his dancing/ :-)