Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

5 cm per second

so any comments???

Do you know? The speed at which cherry blossoms fall... they say it's 5 cm per second

Comments

• The best animation in any anime/OVA/movie I've seen so far... I almost cried after watching this, and most people say I'm rather cold. I couldn't get it out of my head for days.

You should also check out Makoto Shinkai's other works -- Voices of a Distant Star and The Place Promised in Our Early Days.
  • HK-47 wrote: »
    The best animation in any anime/OVA/movie I've seen so far... I almost cried after watching this, and most people say I'm rather cold. I couldn't get it out of my head for days.

You should also check out Makoto Shinkai's other works -- Voices of a Distant Star and The Place Promised in Our Early Days.

Wow! same here! I loved this movie, best animation for me

sure I'll try to watch that and uhhhh I recommend you watch "toke wo kakeru shoujo"
  • Place Promised is better. I didnt like 5 cm. First episode was cheesy. The guy was annoying on the second episode - he was cold and arrogant, he kept ignoring the surfer girl. Ending song of third episode is not good.
  • DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sure I'll try to watch that and uhhhh I recommend you watch "toke wo kakeru shoujo"

Best word to describe "toke wo kakeru shoujo": Brilliant.

But this story is actually 2nd gen. The 1st gen, Toki o Kakeru Shōjo ("The Little Girl Who Jumped Through Time"), was actually her aunt, Kazuko Yoshiyama, woman who works at the museum restoring paintings. Which explains why she was able to relate to Matoko's time leaps.

Back on topic. As for the 5cm per second flick. I showed it to my sister and she thanked me for it. Then when the ending came, she called me evil. :rotflmao:
  • I watched 5cm per second before watching girl who jumped through time. I must say 5cm per second is really good. Even my sensei in nihonggo told us that this movie is really great. Each scenes reflect the life in Japan.

The girl who jumped through time is also great. It's a bit bubbly for me compare to 5cm per second.
  • wah, there are no seeders for this anime in torrentpond...can you guys give me a link where I can download or watch this? thanks..
  • Dunedain wrote: »
    Best word to describe "toke wo kakeru shoujo": Brilliant.

But this story is actually 2nd gen. The 1st gen, Toki o Kakeru Shōjo ("The Little Girl Who Jumped Through Time"), was actually her aunt, Kazuko Yoshiyama, woman who works at the museum restoring paintings. Which explains why she was able to relate to Matoko's time leaps.

Back on topic. As for the 5cm per second flick. I showed it to my sister and she thanked me for it. Then when the ending came, she called me evil. :rotflmao:

THIS. Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo is teh awesomesauce. :bop:. I cried like hell, and it didn't need 5 Centimeter per Second's tragedy to relay nostalgic and heart felt emotions. *thumbsup*

And that reaction your sister gave? I got that from everyone who I've recommended 5 centimeters per second to.

Overall though, I really liked it, the art was a masterpiece and so was the story. But the thing was just too fu*king depressing. I actually had a hang over of depression. If you'd graph the movie's whole atmosphere, it would be one horizontal line. Hmm. Well,
    the ending probably provided some thrill...but she had to fu*king leave the fu*king other side of the railroad.

Hayy. But yes, great movie.
  • funzenfunzen PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^downer talaga ang 5 cm/sec... I have the piano version nun song sa last... hay....

but it's a very good movie...
  • Everything about it is perfect, even if the characters end up heartbroken here and there. :lol:

The art and animation were both absolutely gorgeous, but I just couldn't find Takaki or his relationship with Akari believable in the least. That hurt my ability to really get into the movie.
  • It was a very good one kahit na malungkot sya.
    The saddest part was the "train crossing" scene at the
    end of the movie, wherein Takaki waited for the train to pass.
    It was so sad that after watching that movie, I found myself
    desperately looking for something to cheer me up. :mecry:

Anyway if you enjoyed 5cm, I also recommend
    Voices of A Distant Star. OVA lang sya, at kung
    kinaya nyo yung 5cm, kakayanin nyo din yun. :D
  • Is it just me or did anyone else feel that the dude owned himself by losing the letter and that was supposed to be the 'key'
  • This is so far the greatest animation I have ever seen/watched. Great plot too...
  • I liked the first part. So much, that I felt the sadness of separation.

Second part was cute, though.

And the third? Don't get me started on dissatisfied I was on how short it was and how half of it was spent with a montage and a song. I was looking for a "good end" for them, but if I haven't seen a childhood girl friend for years, I would probably forget about her too.