Home PEx Hobbies Music and Radio

Battle of the Pop Princesses: Brittney, Christina, Mandy or Jessica

the title says it all, which in your opinion has the most talent out of the four of them?

personally I'm not a fan of their type of bubble gum pop, and i'm so sick of hearing them played over and over again on the radio...however I must admit that I do listen to it sometimes *hides in the corner in embarassment*...

if i had to pick which one i could bear to listen to I'd pick Christina- she has an amazing voice, ok so her songs maybe a little...cheesy... but have you heard her voice? whoa, especially after hearing her version of Reflections from the movie Mulan I was blown away...

Comments

• NibsNibs PExer
    i would only like to comment about it,,,

britney spears- i like her songs, but some of them are just too upbeat like her new single,
    oops i did it again,,, she's nice and humble too, her voice it sort of ok but sometimes it just sounds like a child, no offense but that's what i think.

christina aguilera- i like her songs,,, good ones too,,, i like reflection and i turn to you,,, she can sing them very well, her voice
    can reach the high notes too,,, her album has good songs in it.

mandy moore- i don't like her very much coz her music,,, it's ok but i hate her song "candy",,, i like "i wanna be with you" better,,, other than that,,, she's ok.

jessica simpson- she is ok and has a good voice too,,, i like her song "where you are",,, and "i wanna love you forever" it's good,,, has good lyrics and good rhythm and tune.

• NibsNibs PExer
    i would only like to comment about it,,,

britney spears- i like her songs, but some of them are just too upbeat like her new single,
    oops i did it again,,, she's nice and humble too, her voice it sort of ok but sometimes it just sounds like a child, no offense but that's what i think.

christina aguilera- i like her songs,,, good ones too,,, i like reflection and i turn to you,,, she can sing them very well, her voice
    can reach the high notes too,,, her album has good songs in it.

mandy moore- i don't like her very much coz her music,,, it's ok but i hate her song "candy",,, i like "i wanna be with you" better,,, other than that,,, she's ok.

jessica simpson- she is ok and has a good voice too,,, i like her song "where you are",,, and "i wanna love you forever" it's good,,, has good lyrics and good rhythm and tune.

• si christina lang ang hindi irritating for me. hehehehe.

pero ok naman sila lahat... i liked mandy's new song.
  • DaNa8DaNa8 PExer
    Christina Aguilera, definitely. Britney Spears is so pa-cute. And I don't know the other two. I'm not interested in them, anyway.
  • All I have to say is Britney is an embarassment to all pop singers, especially female ones. She has no taste or feminine modesty either. I hope that others will soon realize this.

[No wishes of death to anybody. I wouldn't wish it on you; why should you on anyone else?]

[This message has been edited by Mister Dean (edited 05-30-2000).]
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    britney's still the best...don't know why i hate cristina....mandy's pretty ok, jessica is just not in their league.....
  • stephsteph PExer
    even if i don't like them that much, i'd say christina's got the best voice (in songs like "I turn to you" and "Reflection", but if you say "Genie in a Bottle", forget it!!) heheheheh :D
  • Christina Aguilera and Jessica Simpson seem to be the most promising in terms of vocal quality. They will evolve into "serious" divas.

Britney Spears will really be the pop princess. She might evolve into an "icon" of teen pop.

Mandy Moore may take more time but she may either take the Britney way or the Christina/Jessica way.
  • my vote goes to CHRISTINA AGUILERA! proof is the fact that i have her album. :) "i turn to u" happens to be my fave song ngayon. just love that song & her interpretation.

i also like jessica simpson's duet with nick lachey, "where u are". but aside from that, wala na akong alam na songs nya eh.
  • She had a Top 3 Billboard Hot 100 hit in "I Wanna Love You Forever."
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    you are right about that neth_row..about miss j.simpson not in the league...she's too old to join them (the way she dress & her songs aren't that upbeat)....

my vote goes to brittney (oooops!)

i also happen to like mandy moore , i like her face....
    & so's christina's ....specially on her latest video (i forgot, turn to you ba iyon?)
  • of the four, i like christina the best silly.gif
  • I think Jessica Simpson and Christina Agauilera ang pinaka-magaling sa apat.

Britney Spears and Mandy are ok but i like Mandy Moore's new song. Wut is it again? i don't remember but it's a nice song.
  • It's called "I Want To Be With You," and it's lifted off the soundtrack of "Center Stage."

If you'd care, Mandy Moore's album has been repackaged to include "I Want To Be With You" and three other new songs, and is now available at most record stores, including Music 1 Megamall.
  • CHRISTINA AGUILERA :)
  • Definitely Christina! She's got the best voice of them all! As for the others, Britney and Mandy are OK. Their songs are nice. Jessica Simpson's songs i don't like, but she has a great voice.
  • Talent-wise, I'd say it's Christina Aguilera.

Performance-wise, it's Britney Spears (personal fave; don't kill me! :D). Her songs are catchier.

Mandy Moore did okay with Candy, but her best song for me is her new release (from the OST of Centerstage) I Wanna Be With You.

Jessica Simpson sometimes goes overboard with her high-pitched voice. Never liked any of her songs.
  • Originally posted by clawed_out:
    you are right about that neth_row..about miss j.simpson not in the league...she's too old to join them (the way she dress & her songs aren't that upbeat)....

Umm...sorry, but, I don't think she's too old to join them!!! She's actually the same age as Christina. They're both 19. Britney is 18, and Mandy is 16.

I'm not trying to defend her or anything, but so you know, don't worry, her latest single "I Think I'm In Love With You" is an upbeat song so maybe you can give her another chance.

• super favorite ko si Britney, as in SUPER DUPER. (yay, artist of the month siya ngayon!)
    I love her songs (except hit me baby one more time & crazy), and born to make you happy never fails to make my eyes misty :sad: Have you seen the video of From the bottom of my broken heart? andun yung guy na super guapo from born to make you happy!
    Ayoko kay Jessica Simpson.
    Mandy's ok...I love her new song!
    Christina Aguilera's ok din I guess...parang she's nothing great naman...
  • Kilala ko na c mandy moore. And my bf actually likes her. Kasi she reminds him of me raw. Parehas kami payat at may mole malapit sa lips.
    yikes!!!