Home PEx Relationships Love - Dilemmas

HELP - About Divorce/Annul

Heres my problem..

I was married in the Philippines nung year 2004. Netherland citizenship na ako bago pa ako ikinasal and Filipino citizen naman yung naging husband ko. Wala na kaming communication nung husband ko for for more or less 4 years. Im already dating someone in the Philippines nung time na wala na kaming communication ng husband ko. Balak na namin magpakasal nung BF ko ngayon. Pwede na ba ako magpakasal ulit?

Btw, Im already allowed to get married again here in Netherlands dahil nakuha ko na yung divorce papers ko. Ang iniisip ko na lang eh kung ano ng magiging situation ko sa Philippines.. Pwede na ba akong magpakasal ulit sa Pinas dahil hindi naman na ako Filipino citizen nung time na unang ikinasal ako sa Pinas at sang sabi sakin eh considered foreigner na daw ako nung ikinasal ako.

Thanks..

Comments

• JUST_JTJUST_JT PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Heres my problem..

I was married in the Philippines nung year 2004. Netherland citizenship na ako bago pa ako ikinasal and Filipino citizen naman yung naging husband ko. Wala na kaming communication nung husband ko for for more or less 4 years. Im already dating someone in the Philippines nung time na wala na kaming communication ng husband ko. Balak na namin magpakasal nung BF ko ngayon. Pwede na ba ako magpakasal ulit?

Btw, Im already allowed to get married again here in Netherlands dahil nakuha ko na yung divorce papers ko. Ang iniisip ko na lang eh kung ano ng magiging situation ko sa Philippines.. Pwede na ba akong magpakasal ulit sa Pinas dahil hindi naman na ako Filipino citizen nung time na unang ikinasal ako sa Pinas at sang sabi sakin eh considered foreigner na daw ako nung ikinasal ako.

Thanks..

Hija, ang divorce sa labas ng Inang Bayan na kinasal sa 'Pinas ay 'di yata recognised. Dapat makipagsangguni ka sa marriage lawyer upang liwanagin.

-Just_JT
    Don't.rely.on.forums.for.legal.advice.
  • If you were the one who filed for divorce: Definitely YES. (See Art. 26, 2nd Paragraph of the Family Code)

You just need a certificate of legal capacity to marry from your embassy. This is required by the Philippine government to prove that you, a foreigner, has the legal capacity to marry in your native land (in this case, the Netherlands), which legal capacity will be recognized in the Philippines.

You ex husband is likewise capacitated to marry again because you, a foreigner, initiated the divorce. This is notwithstanding the fact that there are no divorce laws in the Philippines.

It is a good thing that when you married your first Filipino husband, you were already a foreigner. This simplifies things. Although there are already rulings to the effect that even if you married the Filipino while you were still a Filipino, and obtained a divorce after you changed citizenships, your divorce will still be recognized in the Philippines.

(Note that the above answer will only apply if you initiated the divorce. If your Filipino husband initiated the divorce, then no, sorry, that divorce will not be recognized in the Philippines.)