Home PEx International Entertainment International TV
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Melrose Place 2.0: The Drama Continues on the New BH90210 Spin-Off!

j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
logo.jpg

The CW has yet to give the Melrose Place reboot a final title so once they announce what it is, I'll ask the mods to have the thread name changed :D

By the way, teaser are already leaking in Youtube and we know that there are 2 returning castmembers: Thomas Calabro and Laura Leighton.

The new core cast are composed of (courtesy of imdb) Ashley Simpson-Wentz(real-life singer, wife, and sister), Katie Cassidy (Ruby #1 of SPN), Jessica Lucas (Kimberly of sister show "90210"), Stephanie Jacobsen (The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Michael Radym, Shaun Sipos, Rosa Blasi, Colin Egglesfield, Aurelia Scheppers, Dimitri Lekkos. I've yet to know if there are any more actors being cast on the show.

Confirmed na rin na magiging Special Guest Star at connection between Melrose Place 2.0 and 90210 is Ryan Eggold as West Bev teacher Ryan Matthews.

Here are teasers newly uploaded onto Youtube, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv3n7hM6VG8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUF384-xSTc

Comments

• carlhirocarlhiro PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    woohoo! dahil paborito ko si Mr Matthews, manonood din ako nito.
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Courtesy of TVGuide.com

090521melrose-place1.jpg

At Thursday's CW upfront presentations, we got our first glimpse of the Melrose Place reboot. We saw a few scenes, and then asked the cast members about their new alter egos. But as it was just a preview, take these comments with a grain of salt. That said, it was the simply the most important piece of television ever. Read on to see why:

Who's Back from the Original?
    Laura Leighton and Thomas Calabro are reprising their roles as Sydney Andrews and Dr. Michael Mancini, respectively. Though they've shared a marital bed in the past, they aren't a couple in the pilot episode. But Syd-Mike 'shippers needn't fret. Leighton left the door open for some future hanky-panky. "Sydney has most likely always maintained some sort of relationship with Michael," she teases. "It's been complicated, and that's not going to change."

Hey, Wait! Didn't Sydney Die?
    Um, well, technically, yes, but hey, look over here, shiny things! No, don't worry — the producers aren't trying to pull a fast one on sharp-minded Melrose fans; the rumors of Sydney's 1997 death, which most surely were exaggerated, will be addressed. "We're chipping away at it," Leighton tells us. "There is an explanation that I think is going to be slowly unraveled." Tell us it involves that *****-star cult that Traci Lords was in and we are so there.

Where's Amanda?
    Heather Locklear has not yet agreed to appear on El Nuevo Melrose, but at least one former cast member is crossing his fingers. "The businessman in me thinks it would be crazy not to have Heather back," Calabro says. In the meantime, it's Sydney who's collecting the steep rent checks as the Place's landlady.

Is One of the Resident Fellas Jake's Son?
    While it was originally reported that bad seed David (Shaun Sipos) was Hunky Handyman, Jr., it's quickly revealed in the pilot that he's actually Michael's kid, one of two Mancini offspring actually, who "may or may not be cast members of the show," Calabro says. For now, the "very rich and very handsome" Michael (as Calabro describes him) has his hands full with David. "He takes some jaunts outside of the law," Sipos of his alter ego. Also: He might have slept with/be sleeping with Sydney!

Who's Doing Whom?
    Lovebirds Riley (90210's Jessica Lucas) and Jonah (Greek's Michael Rady) are together in the pilot ... but maybe not for much longer. Riley is a sweet, devoted schoolteacher and Jonah is an aspiring filmmaker. The shocker: It's actually Riley who takes to Hollywood's fast-paced life.

Is There Really a Hooker with a Heart of Gold Among Us?
    Not exactly. Stephanie Jacobsen, fresh from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, plays Lauren, a driven med student who finds herself in a financial pinch. "Her journey in the pilot is about how she finds her way out," says Jacobsen. In short, $1,000-an-hour buys a really nice stethoscope.

Ashlee Simpson? Seriously?
    Yep, but it's Ashlee Simpson-Wentz now. She plays Violet, and while not much is known about her character, Simpson-Wentz described her as "fresh off the bus." And what about that new dye job she's got? That particular shade of red appears to match Leighton's own, no? Hmmm. Coincidence? "We don't know -- they're not giving us the juice yet," AS-W says. "But the first episode does have a nice jaw-dropper."

Oh Yeah, What's This About a Murder?
    The pilot episode revolves around a murder mystery, as signified by a body that shows up, Sunset Boulevard-style, in the complex's iconic pool. Gee, talk about going off the deep end!

Will Characters from the New 90210 Cross Over?
    CW president Dawn Ostroff says that they're still working on how such a crossover would make sense, story-wise, so don't expect Dixon and Annie to show up at the new Shooters - yes, there will be a new Shooters - any time soon. That said, a little bird told me that Ryan Eggold, who plays 90210's Mr. Matthews, just might have a cameo in the first episode.

Anyone Gay?
    Katie Cassidy (who plays the bride on Harper's Island, though she's blond here) plays Ella, an ambitious aspiring publicist who bats for both teams. Though the preview shows scenes of Ella meeting cute with David, we hear she'll also have female suitors. When asked if Ella has a boyfriend, Cassidy remains coy. "I don't know -- there might be," she says. "It is Melrose Place."
  • averiaveri PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I LOVED MELROSE! lalu na si Heather Locklear. Grabe character dati rito ni Marcia Cross....demented!
  • carlhirocarlhiro PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    averi wrote: »
    I LOVED MELROSE! lalu na si Heather Locklear. Grabe character dati rito ni Marcia Cross....demented!

oo nga pala no. si Bree, dating taga-Melrose. Saka si Tom Scavo (Doug Savant).
    In coincidence, Doug Savant and Marcia Cross are now in Desperate Housewives again and they still play neighbors. Savant I believe is now married to Laura Leighton.

Didn't even realized the Heather Locklear was also in Spin City!
  • NO! We want Lily! :lol:
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    j5bata wrote: »
    Oh Yeah, What's This About a Murder?
    The pilot episode revolves around a murder mystery, as signified by a body that shows up, Sunset Boulevard-style, in the complex's iconic pool. Gee, talk about going off the deep end!

Anyone Gay?
    Katie Cassidy (who plays the bride on Harper's Island, though she's blond here) plays Ella, an ambitious aspiring publicist who bats for both teams. Though the preview shows scenes of Ella meeting cute with David, we hear she'll also have female suitors. When asked if Ella has a boyfriend, Cassidy remains coy. "I don't know -- there might be," she says. "It is Melrose Place."

90210 = Gossip Girl
    Melrose Place 2.0 = Desperate Housewives
    NO! We want Lily! :lol:

Unfortunately The CW no longer had much space with the other pilots it ordered. Its Sunday programming was handed over to its affiliate stations, Wednesday has Top Model and The Beautiful Life, Monday is still OTH-GG combo, fantasy Thursdays with Vampire Diaries and Supernatural, Fridays with Smallville-Top Model Encore.

Saturdays is a network's nightmare since few people would even bother watch TV on a Saturday unless may football game.
  • Tanggalin na lang ang mga encores :evil:

Unless sobrang walang pera yata ang CW :bop:
    I'm going to miss Reaper at The Game :( Pati na rin Privileged.
  • Hah. Privileged.

Still, I think this premise a retooled Melrose Place, really does have a much better chance of working than the retooled 90210 did.
    Sydney "died" in a car accident just minutes after she got married to Craig (who shot himself to the head the next season who can't seem to move on). I wonder how they would explain to old-time viewers how she suddenly rose back from the dead.

Early in the season,
    Syd's going to die early in the series
    and that will set the season's premise. Is this going to meet the fate with fellow spin-off Models Inc that has such a premise as well?
    New promo poster for Melrose Place

[crouching-tiger-disappearing-spoiler]
    msg-124301345233-3.jpg
    [/crouching-tiger-disappearing-spoiler]
  • yay an asian chick. :lol:
    Aussie-Asian to be exact. Stephanie Jacobsen was last seen on Season 2 of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and I lvoed her role there as "Jesse". Such a tragic character indeed!

new-melrose-cast.jpg
    fatguys-according1.jpg

Melrose Place alumnae Courtney Thorne-Smith a.k.a. Allison will bid TV viewers farewell once her long-running sitcom starring Jim Belushi, According to Jim, once its series finale airs tonight in the US. Another fat husband-sexy wife program going babay....
  • w00t! Katie and Ashlee :evilgrin:
    Here's a picture of the season 1 cast:

151419__melrose_l.jpg

Kumusta iyung mga naunang castmembers? Well...
    1. Rob Estes (Kyle) is back on the continuity playing a different character, the wacky yet strict principal of West Bev, Harry Wilson of 90210.

2. Kelly Rutherford (Megan) is currently playing Serena's mom in Gossip Girl as Lily Van der Woodsen. Too bad we don't get to see more of Lily on the GG spin-off...

3. Lisa Rinna (Taylor) is a correspondent for certain awading ceremony as of late, most recently was this year's Oscars. She is also the host of SoapTalk on SoapNet.

4. I haven't much from Alyssa Milano (Jennifer) since her Aaron Spelling-series, "Charmed" ended except being a part of the Milo Ventigmilia movie "Pathology". She left Melrose after she became Phoebe #2 on Charmed (the role was originally given to someone else but vacated before the pilot).

5. Josie Besset (Jane) is now playing a mom on the ABC Family Series, The Secret Life of an American Teenager.

6. Grant Show (Jake) starred in last year's Swingtown. He sported a mustache throughout the series before finally removing it following the show's cancellation. He is a recurrent in the GA-PP universe as the brother of Kate Walsh's character.

7. Andrew Shue (Billy) left acting as a profession but started his own foundation to help the needy.

8. Marcia Cross (Kimberly) is playing Breee on Desperate Housewives which will remain on the air for a few more years until 2011 or so.

9. Kristin Davis (Brooke), after Melrose she became part of another Darren Star creation, HBO's "Sex and the City". From annoying spoiled brat to 30-something powergirl, she and the rest of the cast returned for the silver screen follow-up of the hit series.

10. Daphne Zuniga (Jo) is plays an evil mom to Brooke(?) in One Tree Hill. But I still like her when she sported a shorter hair in Season 1

11. Like Marcia Cross, Dough Savant (Matt) is also a castmember of Desperate Housewives, playing Felicity Huffman's husband. He's also married offscreen MP co-star, Laura Leighton

12. Haven't heard much about Jamie Luner (Lexi) since Melrose except she's now in ABC's All My Children

13. Brooke Langton (Samantha) is now in NBC's FNL

14. Linden Ashby (Coop) is also into soaps and is now a part of NBC's Days of our Lives (Geting bored as the list goes on). There's also talk of a new Mortal Kombat film and he might be in it.

15. Heather Locklear (Amanda) minus the recent DUI drama last year was in a Lifetime cable movie about a 40-something woman in love with a 20-something guy. After Melrose, she went on to star in Spin City. She was also in a Hillary Duff movie.

16. Jack Wagner (Peter) is on CBS's The Bold and the Beautiful. He's the current beau of Heather Locklear.

17. Thomas Calabro (Michael) is returning for the MP reboot.

18. And so is Doug Savant's wife, Laura Leighton (Sydney) as well.

19. No news about John James Hewton (Ryan) recently (Search ko wiki!).

20. Vanessa A. Williams-not-the-one-from-Ugly Betty (Rhonda) has expressed her desire to return to MP despite written off the show through the season 1 finale.

21. Not much news as well for Amy Locane (Sandy) except in getting some small roles on movies and TV.

22. David Charvet-He's going to be in an upcoming film din daw (Can't really rely wiki for these)

23. Courtney Thorne-Smith (Allison) as previously reported plays (or played) a wife in According to Jim which will end its 8-year run today.
  • I want to see allison and billy :lol: Plus jo and jake

of all people si Michael pa babalik :shakehead: