Home PEx Sports UAAP - Volleyball

Tigress Maruja Banaticla

Comments

• galing talaga ni maru! idol! keep on rockin'! :)

congrats!
  • This young lass will surely be the next Angge or MJ of the UST WVT.
    Way to go Maru...GROWL LOUD and PROUD :bop::bop::bop:
  • the best talented rookie sa v-league/UAAP since Shaira Gonzales...
  • She promise to do better sa next game nila.
    Magaling talaga siya. And she wants to improve her game by practicing hard during training.
  • sharp wrote: »
    Kahapon, Maruja didn't play badly. Na-slow down lang yung spikes niya nung SSC blockers. Pinalitan tuloy ni Caballejo.

It was one game where she did not shine. Well, I look forward to more of her fierce spikes in the coming games - quarter finals to hopefully finals (to championship).

I really think she is a front-runner for the Rookie of the Year award.

Question, diba madaming beses na siyang naging player of the game? 3 times out of seven games?

I wonder kung a first-timer like her can win the MVP award (granting na magaling talaga siya). ?? Hmmm..

Who knows baka mangyari iyan.
    *okay**okay**okay*
  • normal lang yan na may off-game...:)
  • Who knows baka mangyari iyan.
    *okay**okay**okay*

As a Thomasian concerned about the volleyball team's future, I find her a truly exciting player who can contribute significantly to their campaign in future tournaments (UAAP, V-League, Unigames, etc.), as she is doing now.

This young girl really has that killer instinct, mala-Tabaquero and Aiza Maizo.

In some of the games I watched, stand-out si Maruja sa team. Sana nga she can be MVP.

Natuwa rin ako kay giant Santiago against San Sebastian College. Yes, she was blocked in all or most of her quick spike attempts, but she made up for them by her two (?) explosive running spikes and her stuff blocks. Coach Shaq (spelling not sure) should also train her to quick-spike na medyo malayo sa setter Dimaculangan. Like how Ortiz does it. Yun yung mahirap mabasa ng blockers. I commend Rhea also for that Rhea-Ortiz coordination.

Santiago lacked concentration, though, on two occasions that she served. Served the ball before the whistle. Funny, yes, but those incidents should tell her she should be more focused.

Go UST volleyball team, especially to my fave Maruja.
  • 15 pa lang kasi Si Dindin kaya madami pang kailangan ayusin sa laro niya. But she has the potential to become a dominant player someday.

Si maru ganun din.
  • Hope you play better in your next game.
  • hope she bounces back against benilde. Si Dindin pala 16 na.
  • goodluck mamaya sa game Maru...:D
  • she promise to do better later agaist FEU.
  • ^are you the real kim fajardo? nice!

on-t: maru was superb against feu. tibay. she likes playing against the tams siguro.
  • She kept her promise and played well.
  • si dindin sana ma-improve pa ni coach shaq. si ortiz nga parang pandagdag lang last year pero ngayon humahataw at sometimes goto girl pa nila. and ortiz keeps on improving as middle. yung mga iba-bang style ng laro ng middle medyo nagagawa na nya ngayon. next year mas gagaling pa sya. fearless forecast she will be better than pimentel during her prime.

as for maru, mas lalakas pa sya. UST this year is more of a "team" than the previous ones. konting hagod pa sa floor defense na since kopong-kopong pa nila problema.
  • @epalog yep that's kim
    @kim!!!!!! hahaha may post ka pala dito eh..nakita ko na din yung isa.naks asa pex o!mag comment ka kaya about maru =p
    on topic: galing ni maruja..ang ganda ng pinapakita nya this vleague.
  • Lahat ng rookies ng USTe lalakas pa.
    Ibang talent meron sila eh.
  • si dindin sana ma-improve pa ni coach shaq. si ortiz nga parang pandagdag lang last year pero ngayon humahataw at sometimes goto girl pa nila. and ortiz keeps on improving as middle. yung mga iba-bang style ng laro ng middle medyo nagagawa na nya ngayon. next year mas gagaling pa sya. fearless forecast she will be better than pimentel during her prime.

as for maru, mas lalakas pa sya. UST this year is more of a "team" than the previous ones. konting hagod pa sa floor defense na since kopong-kopong pa nila problema.

i appreciate Coach Shaq better now. UST's last game against FEU, i really wanna kill the libero. but Coach Shaq, sige pa rin ang coaching sa kanya. very patient. no wonder they have a good pool of players. he really develops them to be a good player. He's not into pulling them out from the game if they're not playing good. he just keeps on telling them what to do. Even ke Caballejo, kaasar na sa dami ng errors pero sige, play time pa rin.

on second thought, that's how you develop good players. to be really into the game and learn the ropes the hard way but with proper guidance from him.

Dindin, Maru and the other rookies are in good hands. as long as they're willing to learn. Go Dindin..go Maru...*okay*

very nice Coach. two thumbs up to you. *okay*
  • i thought jen played well vs feu.