Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga

Death Note Live Action Rights Acquired By Warner Bros

Warner Bros will do a Death Note Live Action movie

The film will be based on the manga and not the Japanese film version.

Comments

• Hindi pa ba sapat si Goku? :mecry:
  • I'm betting this will sit in movie development hell for a while.
  • Wang wang wrote: »
    Hindi pa ba sapat si Goku? :mecry:

Fox yata yung nang ogag ng DBZ eh.
  • xyzseaman wrote: »
    Fox yata yung nang ogag ng DBZ eh.

Hindi, ibig kong sabihin yung mga Anime na ginawang Live Action.
  • Warner naman gagawa eh, siguro naman maganda yan...
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    paramitan wrote: »
    Warner naman gagawa eh, siguro naman maganda yan...

It was Warner who was responsible for that crapfest that was Speed Racer - yet another Japanese anime turned into a horrible Hollywood travesty.

I can expect My Chemical Romance and Paramore to be clamoring for space in the soundtrack :lol:
  • What, is this the rumor that Zack Efron (or however you spell his name) is playing as Light Yagami? Then make a Death Note musical out of this for goodness sakes!

This is going to be trend if this keeps up. All the popular anime titles will get a Hollywood version, and I don't like it. I mean, come on, are the writers in Hollywood running out of ideas? They're doing remakes, sequels and now, rip-offs?

I'm not saying that this idea is going to suck. I'm just keeping my expectations really, really low.
  • Now,now, let's not get our knickers in a twist by unconfirmed rumors started by hopeful Zac Efron fangirls. Apparently, this was only started because Zac and Light have similar hairstyles :lol: I don't think they got to casting yet because they are still writing the script. No need for unnecessary handwringing :D

It really depends on whether they take it as a serious movie or not. If they plan to release it as a summer movie, then you can bet it will go the way of Dragonball.
  • Another Anime/Manga going to die?

Why can't they just hire the people who made LoTR or the Matrix. Why can't they hire directors who loves the anime/manga so that it wont be slaughtered?

If Zac Efron will be Light then the movie will suck as it will be a Zac fangirls movie.

I hope they do Cowboy Beebop and Akira justice
  • Don't they dare do a Gundam. The franchise does not want another stain like G-Savior.
    Another Anime/Manga going to die?

Why can't they just hire the people who made LoTR or the Matrix. Why can't they hire directors who loves the anime/manga so that it wont be slaughtered?

If Zac Efron will be Light then the movie will suck as it will be a Zac fangirls movie.

I hope they do Cowboy Bebop and Akira justice

Then again, the producer/directors of The Matrix were also behind Speed Racer...just look at what it turned out to be.

Fuckin' Hot Wheels on Ecstasy.
  • sickmaggotsickmaggot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    What, is this the rumor that Zack Efron (or however you spell his name) is playing as Light Yagami? Then make a Death Note musical out of this for goodness sakes!

This is going to be trend if this keeps up. All the popular anime titles will get a Hollywood version, and I don't like it. I mean, come on, are the writers in Hollywood running out of ideas? They're doing remakes, sequels and now, rip-offs?

I'm not saying that this idea is going to suck. I'm just keeping my expectations really, really low.

yup, yan nga ang rumor. please lang sana di talaga totoo
  • 89133d57a65fb0_full.jpg

Zac Efron will reportedly play Light Yagami but so far none has been confirmed. This is the second time he has been linked to an anime remake the first one was in Full Metal Panic Live Action where he will allegedly play Sousuke Sagara.
    89133d57a65fb0_full.jpg

Zac Efron will reportedly play Light Yagami but so far none has been confirmed. This is the second time he has been linked to an anime remake the first one was in Full Metal Panic Live Action where he will allegedly play Sousuke Sagara.

Really now - won't they change the name of the character just to fit his obviously Caucasian features (not likely, given that the creators of that anime are playing pivotal roles in the Hollywood remake)

Why not get Japanese or other Asian actors for that matter (paging Rain's agent...)

I'm afraid that may going to be Dragonball Evolution part deux.
  • Rain's no good - he's busy acquiring lawsuits.

We better watch Zac Efron's new movies first since he's not into the HSM thing anymore before we start judging his incompatibility with **. Though I wonder how Hollywood would execute FMP with Zac Efron as Sousuke specially that the role requires a highschool student to carry guns and weapons on HS grounds. Kala ko ayaw na ng kano ng mga similar reference to the recent HS killings?

For Death Note, the story don't need to be strictly Japanese unlike some shows like the live-action version of Avatar, the last Airbender.
  • 100%wagi100%wagi PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Boo! I'm satisified with the anime version and its live action movie. No need for a hollywood remake. And, Zac Efron as Light? Goodness! :vomit: This is my all-time favorite anime and I'm going to pierce a hole on producer's neck if they ruin this one. :angry:
    jeremyv wrote: »
    Though I wonder how Hollywood would execute FMP with Zac Efron as Sousuke specially that the role requires a highschool student to carry guns and weapons on HS grounds. Kala ko ayaw na ng kano ng mga similar reference to the recent HS killings?

Kung sa US na nga, mas lalo na sa Japan with its strict gun laws. Kaya nga bihira ang mga school killings sa Japan kahit sobrang pressured mga estudyante roon para makapasa sa college entrance exams.
  • I hope they do Cowboy Beebop and Akira justice

sorry if this is might be a delayed reaction and a bit off topic, does that mean there are plans of a live action Hollywood version of Cowboy Bebop? seriously?! wtf.