Home PEx Hobbies Music Fans
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

LADY GAGA: "POP MUSIC WILL NEVER BE LOW BROW" `Princess of Pop` [Thread II]

2zt97w9.jpg

Welcome to the home of the GaGalettes! :wave:

Previous thread:

Just dance with LADY GAGA (Thread 1)

Links:

Lady GaGa's Official Website
Lady GaGa's Official Blog
Lady GaGa Fans @ LiveJournal
Lady GaGa Fansite: GaGa Daily
Lady GaGa Fansite: Ultimale Lady GaGa
Lady GaGa Fansite: LadyGaGa.Net
Lady GaGa's Official WikiPedia Page

Videos:

Music Videos:
Just Dance
Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
Poker Face
Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
LoveGame

Live:
Just Dance (Live @ The Dome 49)
Just Dance (Live @ Sommarkrysset)

Poker Face (Live @ The Dome 49)
Poker Face (Live @ American Idol)

Biograpy:

When Lady GaGa was a little girl, she would sing along on her mini plastic tape recorder to Michael Jackson and Cyndi Lauper hits and get twirled in the air in daddy’s arms to the sounds of the Rolling Stones and the Beatles. The precocious child would dance around the table at fancy Upper West Side restaurants using the breadsticks as a baton. And, she would innocently greet a new babysitter in nothing but her birthday suit.

It’s no wonder that little girl from a good Italian New York family, turned into the exhibitionist, multi-talented singer-songwriter with a flair for theatrics that she is today: Lady GaGa.

“I was always an entertainer. I was a ham as a little girl and I’m a ham today,” says Lady GaGa, 22, who made a name for herself on the Lower East Side club scene with the infectious dance-pop party song “Beautiful Dirty Rich,” and wild, theatrical, and often tongue-in-cheek “shock art” performances where GaGa – who designs and makes many of her stage outfits -- would strip down to her hand-crafted hot pants and bikini top, light cans of hairspray on fire, and strike a pose as a disco ball lowered from the ceiling to the orchestral sounds of A Clockwork Orange.

“I always loved rock and pop and theater. When I discovered Queen and David Bowie is when it really came together for me and I realized I could do all three,” says GaGa, who nicked her name from Queen’s song “Radio Gaga” and who cites rock star girlfriends, Peggy Bundy, and Donatella Versace as her fashion icons. “I look at those artists as icons in art. It’s not just about the music. It’s about the performance, the attitude, the look; it’s everything. And, that is where I live as an artist and that is what I want to accomplish.”

That goal might seem lofty, but consider the artist: GaGa is the girl who at age 4 learned piano by ear. By age 13, she had written her first piano ballad. At 14, she played open mike nights at clubs such as New York’s the Bitter End by night and was teased for her quirky, eccentric style by her Convent of the Sacred Heart School (the Manhattan private school Nicky and Paris Hilton attended) classmates by day. At age 17, she became was one of 20 kids in the world to get early admission to Tisch School of the Arts at NYU. Signed by her 20th birthday and writing songs for other artists (such as the Pussycat Dolls, and has been asked to write for a series of Interscope artists) before her debut album was even released, Lady GaGa has earned the right to reach for the sky.

“My goal as an artist is to funnel a pop record to a world in a very interesting way,” says GaGa, who wrote all of her lyrics, all of her melodies, and played most of the synth work on her album, The Fame (Streamline/Interscope/KonLive). “I almost want to trick people into hanging with something that is really cool with a pop song. It’s almost like the spoonful of sugar and I’m the medicine.”

On The Fame, it’s as if GaGa took two parts dance-pop, one part electro-pop, and one part rock with a splash of disco and burlesque and generously poured it into the figurative martini glasses of the world in an effort to get everyone drunk with her Fame. “The Fame is about how anyone can feel famous,” she explains. “Pop culture is art. It doesn’t make you cool to hate pop culture, so I embraced it and you hear it all over The Fame. But, it’s a sharable fame. I want to invite you all to the party. I want people to feel a part of this lifestyle.”

The CD’s opener and first single, “Just Dance,” gets the dance floor rocking with it’s “fun, L.A., celebratory vibe.” As for the equally catchy, “Boys Boys Boys,” Gaga doesn’t mind wearing her influences on her sleeve. “I wanted to write the female version of Motley Crue’s ‘Girls Girls Girls,’ but with my own twist. I wanted to write a pop song that rockers would like.”

“Beautiful Dirty Rich” sums up her time of self-discovery, living in the Lower East Side and dabbling in drugs and the party scene. “That time, and that song, was just me trying to figure things out,” says GaGa. “Once I grabbed the reigns of my artistry, I fell in love with that more than I did with the party life.” On first listen, “Paparazzi” might come off as a love song to cameras, and in all honestly, GaGa jokes “on one level it IS about wooing the paparazzi and wanting fame. But, it’s not to be taken completely seriously. It’s about everyone’s obsession with that idea. But, it’s also about wanting a guy to love you and the struggle of whether you can have success or love or both.”

GaGa shows her passion for love songs on such softer tracks as the Queen-influenced “Brown Eyes” and the sweet kiss-off break-up song “Nothing I can Say (eh eh).” “‘Brown Eyes’ is the most vulnerable song on the album,” she explains. “‘Eh Eh’ is my simple pop song about finding someone new and breaking up with the old boyfriend.”

For the new tour for this album, fans will be treated to a more polished version of what they saw (and loved) at her critically acclaimed Lollapalooza show in August 2007 and Winter Music Conference performance in March 2008. “This new show is the couture version of my handmade downtown performance of the past few years. It’s more fine-tuned, but some of my favorite elements to my past shows – the disco balls, hot pants, sequin, and stilettos – will still be there. Just more fierce and more of a conceptual show with a vision for pop performance art.”

It’s been a while since a new pop artist has made her way in the music industry the old-fashioned/grass roots way by paying her dues with seedy club gigs and self-promotion. This is one rising pop star who hasn’t been plucked from a model casting call, born into a famous family, won a reality TV singing contest, or emerged from a teen cable TV sitcom. “I did this the way you are supposed to. I played every club in New York City and I bombed in every club and then killed it in every club and I found myself as an artist. I learned how to survive as an artist, get real, and how to fail and then figure out who I was as singer and performer. And, I worked hard.”

GaGa adds with a wink in her eye, “And, now, I’m just trying to change the world one sequin at a time.”

Comments

• b8ag40.jpg

LADY GAGA - THE FAME NOW AVAILABLE in the Philippines!

With 15 GaGalicious tracks including the #1 hit singles "Just Dance" and "Poker Face"

Grab a copy NOW! (Php 355 only!)

nzqgqp.jpg

How to Request/Vote for Poker Face and Just Dance on local radio stations:

RX 93.1 [MONSTER RADIO]:

Text: RX (space) Poker Face Just Dance plus one unpopular song send it to 2299 or 29761931
    YM: daily_survey

MAGIC 89.9

Text: MAGIC 899 Vote LoveGame, Chillin' plus another unpopular song send it to 2968
    YM: magictopfive

MAGIC

Magic (Space) 899 (Space) Please play Just Dance / Poker Face by Lady Gaga and send to 2968

RX
    RX (Space) Please play LoveGame / Poker Face by Lady Gaga! and send to 2968

WAVE
    Wave (Space) 891 (Space) Please play LoveGame / Poker Face and send to 2968

MAX 103.5
    Max (Space) FM (Space) Please play Just Dance / Poker Face and send to 2968

MTV
    MTV (Space) Vote (Space) Just Dance and send to 2976
    MTV (Space) Vote (Space) Poker Face and send to 2976

MYX
    Myx (Space) Vote ( Space) Just Dance and send to 2366
    Myx (Space) Vote ( Space) Poker Face and send to 2366
  • x5v1qs.jpg

5000th post: JM4ever aka Roy :handsdown:

Who Posted?
    Total Posts: 5,001
    User Name Posts
      [*]*tschaiako07* 2,078
      [*]Pappadeaux 687
      [*]JM4ever 657

[*]-mUsIcLoVeR- 233
      [*]justified31 179

[*]marlo9999999999 139
      [*]alethxander0990 114
      [*]chrisluvjlo 85
      [*]12th~angel 65
      [*]Atchay 61

[*]em0 59
      [*]PaperGangsta 57
      [*]erzo01 46
      [*]connecticut 32
      [*]berberocka 30
      [*]Charissefan 28
      [*]alex14 25
      [*]sirkero22 24
      [*]NeoSonick 24
      [*]onassimus 23
      [*]urieldavid 21
      [*]baby_jhelts 19
      [*]lark_2007 18
      [*]ticktock 17
      [*]marianpatricia 14
      [*]MCA Choy 13
      [*]britrey 13
      [*]glitter_vixen 13
      [*]dizzyb0y 10
      [*]shineninstar 10
      [*]shimmer23 9
      [*]abs-cbnHD 9
      [*]eucky87 9
      [*]phersaios 6
      [*]starczamora 6
      [*]J3rD33 6
      [*]echomen_rock 6
      [*]tj-x 6
      [*]simpledreams 5
      [*]HP_HG_addict 5
      [*]lmngoodies 5
      [*]DreamLover02 5
      [*]Black Kitten 5
      [*]jordy_rockz11 5
      [*]jeffxii 4
      [*]uber_cookie 4
      [*]soul`rebel 4
      [*]slayer4xtina 4
      [*]BadAssGoddess 4
      [*]mvergara 4
      [*]orangepink 3
      [*]Queen_of_Pop 3
      [*]migaruler 3
      [*]idol_04 3
      [*]myxxd 3
      [*]martin_gorgeous 3
      [*]QT II 2
      [*]black_prinzz 2
      [*]beeyotch 2
      [*]smirnoff22 2
      [*]mcamusic 2
      [*]iheartbk 2
      [*]fortherecord 2
      [*]u2met86 2
      [*]shennette425 2
      [*]sarkastik_ako 2
      [*]froth 2
      [*]TheRealSurvivor 2
      [*]forg 2
      [*]DY13 1
      [*]OneYouth 1
      [*]clawed_out 1
      [*]Ichophone 1
      [*]Mitsuko 1
      [*]loverboy2k4 1
      [*]VerNygeL 1
      [*]geenee09 1
      [*]lovezoe 1
      [*]-gelay- 1
      [*]nafnaf 1
      [*]DAlovindood 1
      [*]cute_pierre 1
      [*]bluexy84 1
      [*]light/jin 1
      [*]Econ_major 1
      [*]lalasucker 1
      [*]thescene 1
      [*]mark_dreamy 1
      [*]alexisxgame 1
      [*]bjarms26 1
      [*]friday11 1
      [*]ilovenatsume 1
      [*]punkmaster777 1
      [*]kumbaya 1
      [*]My1stLove 1
      [*]jhamz 1
      [*]jennyian 1
      [*]blackfluff 1
      [*]Iorthaur 1
      [*]myeverything 1
      [*]sn0wflakes 1
      [*]chicco08 1
      [*]ronster 1
      [*]jeune_fille 1
      [*]epalog 1
      [*]kelly_ypoc 1
      [*]kapuso 1
      [*]brock029 1
      [*]sinceUbeengone 1
      [*]bangthai 1
      [*]iconic_xxtina 1
      [*]JeL 1
      [*]sinomorphicus 1
      [*]F0xyFate 1
      [*]iluvusabado 1
      [*]deviant_miko 1
      [*]hollywood_03 1
      [*]sirloin_steak 1
      [*]laSPIKE 1
      [*]LoveThatLumpia 1
      [*]lj28 1
    1. [IMG]http://www.spin1038.com/assets/upload_img/Lady Ga Ga - TheFame.jpg[/IMG]

Lady GaGa - The Fame

Tracks:

1. "Just Dance" (featuring Colby O'Donis)
      2. "LoveGame"
      3. "Paparazzi"
      4. "Poker Face"
      5. "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)"
      6. "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
      7. "The Fame"
      8. "Money Honey"
      9. "Starstruck" (featuring Space Cowboy and Flo Rida)
      10. "Boys Boys Boys"
      11. "Paper Gangsta"
      12. "Brown Eyes"
      13. "I Like It Rough"
      14. "Summerboy"

Bonus Track
      15. "Disco Heaven"

ITS ONLY 355 pesos! What are you waiting for? Buy now! In stores nationwide

Mahirap Man sa kalooban ko.
    2. YEEEEEY!! :bounce: :bounce:
    3. Singles from The Fame:

Just Dance

5o5efm.jpg
      As of April 13, 2009

Poker Face

nnkyti.jpg
      As of April 13, 2009
    4. .............
    5. connecticutconnecticut PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
      Congratulations GaGalettes!
      [HIGHLIGHT]Happy THREAD II to y'all! [/HIGHLIGHT]

:cheers:
    6. YEEY! I'm in the top ten! :D:D
    7. 0fb3.jpg

[highlight]THE FAME BALL TOUR[/highlight]

The Fame Ball Tour is the first concert tour by American pop singer-songwriter, Lady Gaga. The tour is to promote her first studio album, The Fame. The tour started on March 12, 2009 and will continue through North America. The show consisted of four segments with each segment being followed by a video interlude to the next segment. Gaga appeared on the stage in new costumes including an innovative dress made entirely of bubbles and premiered an unreleased song called "Future Love". The show has received critical appreciation with most of them acclaiming her voice clarity and fashion sense.

Set List

1. "The Heart" (Video Introduction)
      2. "Paparazzi"
      3. "Starstruck
      4. "LoveGame"
      5. "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich"
      6. "The Fame"
      7. "Money Honey"
      8. "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)"
      9. "Space Cowboy" (Instrumental Interlude)
      10. "Poker Face" (Piano version)
      11. "Future Love"
      12. "Just Dance"
    8. Congratulations to everyone who contributed!!! :handsdown:
    9. Bonus download:

2586pv7.jpg

Fooled Me Again (Honest Eyes) LIVE!

Download it HERE
    10. JM4everJM4ever PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
      Hmmm nagkakasaya tayo dito ah. Dele nyo muna post nyo please? Let's add some facts about the princess of pop:D

359hixf.jpg

See that b*ches? GaGa is now Gold! Next stop,platinum baby!

Certifications
      Country Certifier Certification Sales
      Australia ARIA 2? platinum[60] 140,000+
      Austria IFPI Gold[61] 10,000+
      Canada CRIA Platinum 125,000+
      New Zealand RIANZ Platinum 15,000+
      United Kingdom BPI Platinum 300,000+
      United States RIAA Gold[64] 602,000+
    11. [highlight]IGNORE THE TROLL[/highlight]

:bop::bop::bop::bop::bop:
    12. :lol: Parang Billboard Hot 100 ah. Haha! Hit ka! :lol: *okay*

:wave: I gotta go! Bye GaGalettes! Congratulations! :bounce2:

HAHAHA! Oo nga noh! :lol:
    13. NEW THREAD NA :bounce::bounce:

atlast!hahahah :glee:

saan na si eye lollippop? entertainer pls:glee:
    14. connecticutconnecticut PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
      Top 15 hit pala ako sa Thread I! :lol:
    15. Top 15 hit pala ako sa Thread I! :lol:

congrats! hit ka din! *okay**okay*
      :rotflmao:
    16. HAla... hindi marunong *** nagCOUNTDOWN!!!

Im no. 10!!!!
    17. JM4everJM4ever PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
      YASSSS 2nd Thread na!

GaGalettes/Gagayonces/Gagayonce-los/BAKLANG TROLLS/Gagachuleta FTW:rocker:
    18. marlo9999999999marlo9999999999 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
      yehey!!!

thread 2 na...weee..ang saya saya..nasa top 10 pa ako..hihi

congrats gagalettes..di nyo man lang ako sinabihan.thread 2 na pala..toinks..hihi

congrats again....*okay*
    This discussion has been closed.