Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

The Family Guy VS The Simpsons

stingray1059stingray1059 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
if you will choose among the two shows, what will it be?

there are many simspsons vs family guy thread from forums in the US and it seems the family guy is thier current favorite. how about the pinoy pexers?

Comments

• vertud21vertud21 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ooohhhh thats a hard question although simpsons nowadays sucks big time you can never deny the popularity it had during its previous seasons i also like family guy but if you will compare the two simpsons is still the best...
  • Family Guy > Simpsons

I didn't know that any America cartoon could even pull it off and beat the Simpsons (well there's Futurama's humor who came close but got canceled and there's Southpark, well not all of their episodes are THAT good but they're really funny)

I recommend everyone to watch Family Guy from the start :D
  • The Simpsons. Except for Stewie, the Family Guy characters are all flat and boring. Peter in particular has no redeeming qualities - he's just a dumb fat slob - whereas Homer is endearingly stupid :D
  • The Simpsons is a classic, but right now my favorite is Family Guy. i love it coz it's so politically incorrect a lot of times.
  • simpsons pa rin. i think that the characters in family guy can get annoying after a while. the simpsons characters are also more fleshed out.
  • i love the simpsons, but it's not fair for me to compare it with the family guy kasi few episodes pa lang napapanood ko. unlike with the simpsons, since season 1 may dvd set ako. nice din ang the family, funny! nakakatawa yung baby.
  • I like both shows, but The Simpsons is far more superior to FG.

Incidentally, I find American Dad to be better than FG.
  • American Dad has so far been better than this season's Family Guy.. it's that sad.. that said ther were a few genuine awesome moments.. (quagmire on bachelorette, for example).

Stewie has turned into a pompous @$$ out of nowhere (like that long book writing monologue).

Simpsons> Futurama> Family Guy. FACT.

"
    there are many simspsons vs family guy thread from forums in the US and it seems the family guy is thier current favorite."]

the message board i go to, has simpsons still on top of family guy.

Family Guy is can be funny... but the jokes are just too random and seldom have anything to do with the storyline.
  • si stewie and brian lang gusto ko sa family guy.

so....the simpsons pa ren ako :D
  • vaevictisvaevictis PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm no fan of these kind of cartoons. But after stumbling upon an episode of Family Guy on Jack TV, i download all 4 seasons of Family Guy in one go. Ganun katindi ako na-hook sa Family Guy.

I can't really compare Family Guy to The Simpsons since di talaga ako nanunuod nun.
  • vaevictisvaevictis PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Add ko lang:
    Sa tingin ko, the older guys go for The Simpsons. Since dun na sila lumaki. For loyalty's sake, as they say.

And the younger guys go for the Family Guy, since mas bago ang show na to compared to The Simpson, ito yung mas papanoorin nila.

My opinion.
  • Family Guy is like college culture here. I can play Family Guy drinking games and the quotables are the best.

Simpsons in its first few seasons was just excellent but somehow everything just became repetative and the characters just seem a bit more cardboard now. But it's still one of THE BEST, I respect that. It comes to a VERY close second with Family Guy.

I feel Simpsons is sweeter and in a way, a bit more family-oriented (believe it or not!) as to Family Guy walang sinasanto talaga. Their jokes just break through all these political correctness. I think if you're immersed in American culture, you'll probably get Family Guy more... IPECAC! :lol: and Glen Quagmire - Giggity, giggity giggity!
  • vaevictis -- same here. i was never interested in watching Family Guy despite my friend's constant pleas to try and catch an episode. but one night i stumbled upon the episode where they did a kind of spinoff on "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (i believe the episode was titled "Wasted Talent"). that was it -- i was hooked.

i agree with GreatBop's sentiment that this season is waaaay worse that the other seasons. there are still a handful of funny moments, but most of the jokes and the storylines (or lack of) are pretty tiresome na. i still love Family Guy.

re: American Dad. i tried watching a couple of episodes, but i just can't seem to get into it. la lang.

i love Seth McFarlane! :D
  • Simpsons === it has evolved into a very family oriented cartoon, quite surprisingly. Its edge was when it was first starting, but because today's viewers are more "anaesthesized" by rough and irreverent humor (thanks to the Simpsons), Family Guys seems to be building a steadily growing audience.

But, Family Guy's humor turns me off sometimes. Simpsons pa rin. :D
  • Family guy - ripoff of Simpsons
  • Peter Griffien - El Plagarismo
    Stan Smith - El Plagarismo El Plagarismo.

haha best simpsons joke this season so far.

"Simpsons in its first few seasons was just excellent but somehow everything just became repetative and the characters just seem a bit more cardboard now"

huh? repetitve? cardboard characters?? fact is simpson's towns people have a deeper (and CONTINUOUS) back story than any of Family Guy's main members.

'first few seasons' that's funny. cause anyone who knows about the simpsons know that the golden years were between seasons 3 to 9. It is when the family members finally have their role. and the drawings all cleaned up. (focus switched from Bart to Homer)

face it, family guy relies solely on random jokes.
    I love family guy.. but i also know where it stands.

I mean stewie, he turned from a baby who wants world domination into a baby that does nothing but p|ss bryan off. aka. an @$$hat for no reason whtsoever. 4 seasons in, and family guy's on a nose dive.
  • stingray1059stingray1059 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    well sa mga family guy episodes na napanood ko and yung full lenght film nila, may mga bagay ako dun na napupuna which i find "wierd" and "disturbing."

comments on the characters:
    1. the baby- "stewie" , a baby that talks fluently and has a english accent is just plain wierd. yeah its cartoon but its wierd talaga.

"why do he want to kill his mother?"

2. bryan the dog.. a talking dog and fell in love with lois?

3. peter - a complete Homer ripoff.

4. chris - boring ..

5. meg - lesbian?

parang south park na rin ito sa dami ng curses, expect the "f" word in some episodes.

family_mad.jpg
  • klonoa wrote:
    Family guy - ripoff of Simpsons

have you watched all of family guy's episodes before making a statement like that? :P

before you guys start comparing family guy vs the simpsons, try at least watching 90% of its eps before making a comparison. I've watched all of family guy's episodes and the simpsons since their 1st ep and I'm up to date of what's being shown in the US. And family guy takes the cake! (Well it depends on your humor and how much are you exposed with the American culture to laugh at Family Guy's jokes)
  • GreatBop wrote:
    Peter Griffien - El Plagarismo
    Stan Smith - El Plagarismo El Plagarismo.

haha best simpsons joke this season so far.

"Simpsons in its first few seasons was just excellent but somehow everything just became repetative and the characters just seem a bit more cardboard now"

huh? repetitve? cardboard characters?? fact is simpson's towns people have a deeper (and CONTINUOUS) back story than any of Family Guy's main members.

'first few seasons' that's funny. cause anyone who knows about the simpsons know that the golden years were between seasons 3 to 9. It is when the family members finally have their role. and the drawings all cleaned up. (focus switched from Bart to Homer)

face it, family guy relies solely on random jokes.
    I love family guy.. but i also know where it stands.

I mean stewie, he turned from a baby who wants world domination into a baby that does nothing but p|ss bryan off. aka. an @$$hat for no reason whtsoever. 4 seasons in, and family guy's on a nose dive.

... but then again there was that episode when Stewie ran all over Homer. mwehehe.

Seriously though, makers of Family Guy admit they won't be there WITHOUT the Simpsons. But really the only thing really the same from both shows is the stupid dad in the family.

- I feel Simpsons is repetitive, how much can Flanders and Homer jokes get there? I felt it has lost its luster talaga. I mean, the past few seasons I don't even watch it anymore. I prefer watching its old seasons rather than the new ones. But then again, Simpsons have been there for like what? more than 200 episodes? It commands respect.

But face it too, The Simpsons is no longer what it was, we watch it for the familiarity and the fact that we are comfortable watching it. It's hard watching the old Simpsons because that was once the characters I loved --- Now? it's just different and really I believe they're pretty one-dimensional.

Family Guy a once axed show now doing very well in the ratings game. That deserves some sort of acknowlegement.

that is exactly why I love Family Guy for its randomness and no-nonsense attitude towards its jokes. It crosses the line and runs all over it. In a world where everything is so PC and superficially "sincere", this kind of formula does work. Stewie an @sshat? Hell yes he is. especially in his monologue with Brian and his book... I heart him.

Family Guy isn't there to build up stories and strike your heart... Simpsons is, one moment Bart will be mean-spirited to Lisa and the next moment we'll feel the sugary sweet love of brother and sister as he is there to rescue his sister.

Family Guy is just the opp. it's there to make you laugh and laugh ... and they effectively do it so. With that said, it is relevant right now. It's a sharper satire and more bold. It's kick on American culture is what makes it very effective. As Myst said, that is the reason why FG is so brilliant at the moment.

But is FG ever going to make the 100+ mark Simpsons accomplished? That is for us to find out.

But for God's sake... they are just cartoons. Just enjoy 'em. :lol:
  • may pirated dvd na ba ng the family guy?