BS Mathematics in DLSU-M

incoming frosh in BS Math here..
totoo bang walang mgndang trabaho pag graduate ng BS Math kundi pagtuturo?
please give some info and tips about the course and possible careers after graduating. thanks :)

Comments

• siopao_queen06siopao_queen06 LS WVT S78 CHAMPS PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    You can work in the Academe, pati Business din. :)

May trabaho or not, malaki pa rin ang respeto sa mga BS Math graduate.

Bihira na ang may ~gift~ sa math. haha!
  • sour milksour milk Animo :) PExer
    IMHO, I think it depends on what you're specializing in. A relative of mine will also be taking up the same course come first term as a frosh, and she chose CAP or Computer Applications as a specialization. With this specialization, you can work as a system analyst or even as a computer programmer. If you've chosen BAP or Business Applications as a specialization, then you can work as an operations research analyst. I think the career options are very well stated in your DLSU viewbook.

BS Math graduates are also in-demand in both local and international banks. My dad, who works in a bank, says that his employer still prefers to hire graduates of BS Math, regardless of the specialization. Their salaries can go up to 5 figures a month, and mind you, they pay in dollars. So you can just imagine how much you can earn by the time you finish your degree and start working.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Good luck.. :)
  • anna_addictanna_addict Member PExer
    my cousin graduated with a BS Math degree with specialization in BAP (magna cum laude). after graduation, she was offered by the National University of Singapore a scholarship for graduate studies but declined the offer and chose to work in a multinational company located in Ortigas as a manager.
  • spongetrick8spongetrick8 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Yan Ba *** Sa College Of Science?

Mhrap Yan Course Pero Pag Ntpos Mo Maraming Career Opportunities!!

Pero Kung Sa College Of Education Na Math Eh Mlmang Teacher/prof Or Anything Alike *** Nga Mlmang
  • MON7777777MON7777777 Banned by Admin PExer
    good luck

di biro ang BS Math sa DLSU
  • cmarvincmarvin Member PExer
    thanks sa mga sumagot.. :)
    my cousin graduated with a BS Math degree with specialization in BAP (magna cum laude). after graduation, she was offered by the National University of Singapore a scholarship for graduate studies but declined the offer and chose to work in a multinational company located in Ortigas as a manager.

my specialization is also BAP :)
    sour milk wrote: »
    BS Math graduates are also in-demand in both local and international banks. My dad, who works in a bank, says that his employer still prefers to hire graduates of BS Math, regardless of the specialization. Their salaries can go up to 5 figures a month, and mind you, they pay in dollars. So you can just imagine how much you can earn by the time you finish your degree and start working.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Good luck.. :)

that really helped. THANKS! :)
    is it possible to have a nice job right after graduation with the bs math degree?
    or should i first take masters, etc?
  • valdeauniavaldeaunia The Jinx PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    MTH-CAP graduate here.

True, maraming job opportunities for both the CAP (computer application) and BAP (business application) after graduating, especially in banks and IT/software companies.

For example, I'm working as a support consultant for a software company. Nagagamit ko naman ang problem solving and analytical skills na nakuha namin from solving too many math problems :glee:
    valdeaunia wrote: »
    MTH-CAP graduate here.

True, maraming job opportunities for both the CAP (computer application) and BAP (business application) after graduating, especially in banks and IT/software companies.

For example, I'm working as a support consultant for a software company. Nagagamit ko naman ang problem solving and analytical skills na nakuha namin from solving too many math problems :glee:

haha.. nice. pero, mahirap ba **** ang BS Math sa DLSU? :lol:
  • KopibunKopibun WASSSSSSSSSUP PEx Rookie ⭐
    Hello fellow Lasallians, I recently graduated with a degree from the College of Business and Economics. When I was still in high school, my favorite subject was math, and probably until now; hence, my intention in taking up BS Mathematics.

To be honest, I feel like I haven't learned much from my first course. I took the course because of the job opportunities it presents, and that's one of my biggest mistakes in life. I was dragging myself to classes and only study topics which I feel would come out in the tests. This kind of studying was very limiting.

Cliche as it may sounds, choose a course that you love. And sadly, I've learned it the hard way. This is why I want to correct my mistake. So, does anyone of you know how long will it take me if ever I decided to enroll in this program? Are the professors good? I heard this program is recognized as a center of excellence.

Thanks in advance.
    cmarvin wrote: »
    haha.. nice. pero, mahirap ba **** ang BS Math sa DLSU? :lol:

Ang subjects ang mahirap. Pero depende. Pwedeng madalian ka sa GRAPTHE, pero dumudugo naman ang ilong mo sa COMANAL.

That said, ang tanong na 'mahirap ba ang BS Math' is subjective.

*BA-DUM-TISH*
    Kopibun wrote: »
    Are the professors good?

Magaling magturo ang ilan sa kanila, tulad nila Dr. Ruivivar, Dr. Reyes, Dr. Nocon, and Dr. Lim.

Yung mga nabanggit ko, to say that they are 'good' is an understatement. :glee:
    Hello fellow Lasallians, I recently graduated with a degree from the College of Business and Economics. When I was still in high school, my favorite subject was math, and probably until now; hence, my intention in taking up BS Mathematics.

To be honest, I feel like I haven't learned much from my first course. I took the course because of the job opportunities it presents, and that's one of my biggest mistakes in life. I was dragging myself to classes and only study topics which I feel would come out in the tests. This kind of studying was very limiting.

Cliche as it may sounds, choose a course that you love. And sadly, I've learned it the hard way. This is why I want to correct my mistake. So, does anyone of you know how long will it take me if ever I decided to enroll in this program? Are the professors good? I heard this program is recognized as a center of excellence.

Thanks in advance.

10 terms + 1 summer (for practicum)

ang BS-Mth (CAP or BAP)

good professors- i think madami sila:D
    MON7777777 wrote: »
    10 terms + 1 summer (for practicum)

ang BS-Mth (CAP or BAP)

good professors- i think madami sila:D

Hi, will it still take me 10 terms even if I've already taken up all floating subjects and some basic math units (COMATH1, COMATH2, COMCALC)?
    Hi, will it still take me 10 terms even if I've already taken up all floating subjects and some basic math units (COMATH1, COMATH2, COMCALC)?

di ko po alam eh

depende sa kung ano pwede macredit

Kaya mo bawasan kung mag full load ka every term..
    Eh mahirap din mag full load kasi shiftee ee
    Kaya mo bawasan kung mag full load ka every term..
    Eh mahirap din mag full load kasi shiftee ee

Hi, as mentioned in my previous posts, I've already graduated. :)

I plan to take up BS Math as my second undergraduate degree. So if I take 18 units per term, ma-lessen yung 10 terms? I'm thinking kasi baka may problems with sa mga pre-requisites.
    Hi, as mentioned in my previous posts, I've already graduated. :)

I plan to take up BS Math as my second undergraduate degree. So if I take 18 units per term, ma-lessen yung 10 terms? I'm thinking kasi baka may problems with sa mga pre-requisites.

Ahh okay. As far as I know, Ma-lessen talaga ang 10terms if 18units ka per term. Pero ang problem nga is yung courses na offered. Usually yung nasa flowchart ng ID# mo ang basis of which courses will be offered in each term.

Sa pre-requisites naman. MATH111 - MATH116 *** nmn yung tuloy-tuloy ****...Kung mapapansin mo, yung mga subjects sa 8th,9th, at 10th term mga pre-requisite nila eh sa 3rd term pa...so kung credited nnmn lhat ng floatings mo, kayang kaya mo **** bawasan ang terms mo i think hahahaha
  • heyhwjrjheyhwjrj PExer
    edited April 3
    oh, alam nyo po ba estimated tuition fee for the whole course?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file