FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

AB Literature, maganda ba?

Maganda ba ang AB Literature? Kasi yun ang pinasa ko sa UST e.
Complex ba ito?
Ano mga job offers dito?.
I'm an incoming college student and I really want to study at USTE at ito ang pinasa kong course but still doesnt know what course I really wanna take.
My skills are english,social and writing
I need replies so bad. :bop:

Comments

• princeangeloprinceangelo 400% Thomasian PExer
    greenstab wrote: »
    Complex ba ito?
    I'm an incoming college student and I really want to study at USTE at ito ang pinasa kong course but still doesnt know what course I really wanna take.

Calling AB Students:bop: magparamdam kayo...

hindi ko alam eh... pasensya na
  • LabuyoXVIIILabuyoXVIII Member ✭✭✭
    Program Description:
    The program acquaints the students with various literary exemplars created in the specific historical junctures and in particular spatial locations; the creative process that occasions imaginative and intellectual labor, the literary trends and movements which impress upon the writer’s consciousness and work; the critical approaches and theoretical apparati which interrogatives the nature and purview of literature, as well as the functions and locations of different agencies of production, dissemination and consumption of miscellaneous texts in the wide web of Literary Cultural Studies.

Job Opportunities/Places of Work:

* Translators (scripts/documents)
    * Scriptwriter
    * Copywriter
    * Editor
    * Textbook Writer
    * Lecturer for literary and cultural studies

Question lang to the TS: Did you personally choose AB Lit as your course or is this sort of like Academic Placement led? The Literature program of UST is one of the best in the country. Tons of English and reading are involved in this program.
  • benj20_phbenj20_ph Kapamilya For Life! PExer
    AB-General format pa rin ba ang 1st and 2nd years ng UST-AB?

if yes, greenstab, may panahon (2 years) ka pa para pag-isipan mo kung ano talaga ang kukunin mong major.
  • lastandlastand Member PExer
    The transition from high school to college is TRULY confusing.. at the same time, it's very important. Well, it's confusing because some students(like me) just stick to what my PARENTS want me to take, without assessing myself on what DO I REALLY want.. Well, it's just like dropping a bomb in front of me and I don't have a chance to escape but to die..

During the time that I am taking the course that I have passed on the 1st choice in USTET, I realized that I REALLY don't like it. WHAT I REALLY WANT IS WRITING.. I know that everyone can write, but you can graduate HAPPILY with a major in English Lit, YOU DESERVE TO BE A WELL ROUNDED CITIZEN IN THIS COUNTRY and inspire everyone with your own strength..

Well, it was just after I took my 1st year college(2 sems) that I realized that I REALLY LOVE WRITING as well as INSPIRING PEOPLE.. I see myself as a well rounded humanities professor and a writer in a magazine.. I'm extrovert and so I can do all of these because I have all of the might to graduate with this and to help the society through my specialized field.

You have to BE CAREFUL in choosing what you REALLY want to be. I suggest that you find your own strengths and assess your INTERESTS. Your heart acts like a compass.. you have to follow it because like a compass, it puts you on the right direction every time.. it determines your future.:)
  • starczamorastarczamora Sissie DaToic PEx Moderator
    greenstab wrote: »
    Complex ba ito?

The Literature program of UST is excellent. If being a literary writer is not a career you want to take, you can be either of the following:

* Teacher
    * Literary critic
    * Feature writer for magazines and other publications
    * Screenwriter
    * Lyricist
  • bLacKr0sEbLacKr0sE between the stars and waves PExer
    ^ Super agree. *okay*

Center of excellence ang AB Lit sa UST. Andame ngang magagaling na writers ang napoproduce ng Lit. Eto talaga ang gusto kong itake dati kaso di ako nakapagshift from Political Science. Sayang.

Good Luck and enjoy.
  • bLacKr0sEbLacKr0sE between the stars and waves PExer
    AB-General format pa rin ba ang 1st and 2nd years ng UST-AB?

if yes, greenstab, may panahon (2 years) ka pa para pag-isipan mo kung ano talaga ang kukunin mong major.

Hindi na eh. Pagpasok mo may major subjects ka na agad sa chosen field mo. Yay. Kaya you have to decide na agad kung ano ang gusto mong course or pwede kang magshift. Hehe.
  • Viva La TigresaViva La Tigresa Madridista. Ol?! PExer
    Pursue Literature if that's what you really want. You'll never go wrong with UST AB Lit, it is home to the most literate in the Philippines. Lol.

Korek, SUX2BU? :glee:
  • hunter_alchemsthunter_alchemst Moderator PExer
    UST's Lit program is a CHED Center of Excellence.
  • AshlarsAshlars Viva Santo Tomas! PExer
    UST Literature is unparalleled.

No wonder other schools are benefiting from Thomasian men and women of letters who have achieved, and continue to achieve, so much.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file