Home PEx Sports PBA

Ritualo benched on the verge of setting/tying a PBA record

commonercommoner Honorary Member PEx Expert 🎖️
Renren Ritualo sat out the rematch of the Philippine Cup finalists, ending his streak of 278 games played. He was about to tie Dante Gonzalgo's record of 280 games at second behind Alvin Patrimonio's 596.

Ritualo must be pissed. Bakit kaya ginawa 'to ni Chot? I'm sure he was well aware of the circumstances.

A few seconds to end a quarter could have let Ritualo 1 game closer to that 280 game mark.

:confused:

Comments

• baka naman injured or he broke a team rule....

and bat ka naman ipapasok if you don't deserve to be in the game...
  • durden_tylerdurden_tyler PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Well, during the game Patricia did a report on the reason because Sev wondered indeed why he isn't in the game.

And it was: Coach's Decision.

You can't question the coach really, they were cruising and they did not need him at all. All streaks come to an end and it ended in an unlucky way for Mr. Ritualo.
  • DNP-CD :glee:

Or maybe Dante Gonzalgo texted Chot and you know what happened from there :naughty:
  • i dont believe in fielding a player just for the sake of a record....minutes should be earned, and with the way he's playing and being a one-dimeonsional player, you cannot question chot's decision for not playing him...

besides, cardona, dillinger and castro played well earlier..
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    it's things like these that are either makes the coach show who's boss.. or... create a team mutiny.
  • At first glance akala ko record about points scored or 3 point shots made or something. But, I think it's a feat already considering PBA players now get to be benched or out of the roster for sometime, kasehodang sumakit lang ang kalingkingan. Hindi pa sila ganun kadalas maglaro nyan as compared to NBA players ha. (At nilingon ko daw si Eric Menk.) :naughty:
  • pgupgu PExer
    Bakit naman ganon si Chot? Sayang ang pinag ipunan ni Ritualo.
  • durden_tylerdurden_tyler PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    First things first, was Chot aware? If he had known, i think he would have had fielded him in...
  • Trade RenRen to Barako Bull! hindi na siya nagagamit ng todo sa TnT, baka mas mahaba ang playing time niya sa BB
  • Alam ko na!! :D

Kung ako si Ritualo, eh magtapon na lang ako ng mga kulangot sa basketball court floor, kapag nadulas ang kalaban eh di pwede na nating sabihin he did something way more than his teammates playing on the court did!!

:lol:
  • i think chot made a decision that is going to be good for the team... he definitely has his reasons why he benched ritualo... no player should play just for the sake of making records...
  • ^i agree..didn't TNT win with renren on the bench?
  • chot played aljamal over him...
    so i guess, it is the coach's prerogative...
  • fernando_hierrofernando_hierro Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    ritualo has gone so low from his dlsu days
    imagine if he set that record
    consecutive games for a reserve
    buti sana kung consecutive games for a starter
    at buti sana kung record from the 5 major stats
  • pepmanpepman PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    WTF?!? He benched Ritualo? Sayang naman ang record, tsaka kapag may league ang Alaska or to block Miller or Devance, gagamitin siya. Mr. Reyes, why did you not use him? He is a great shooter and a post player, tapos gaganyanin mo, he is 2 games away from that record tapos sisirain mo yung record. Dyos ko po, oo! Pero nanalo pa rin tayo kahapon. Hehe.
  • ilipat na lang si ritualo sa ibang team na mapapakinabangan siya
    unlike sa talk n text
  • Sana pinasok siya nung lumamang ang TNT ng 20 points nung 3rd quarter, Yun pa naman yung time na kahit anong ibato ng TNT sa tres pumapasok.

Coach's decision talaga, poor Ritualo parang constipated na ewan nung last few minutes ng fourth :lol:
  • ArrowstormArrowstorm PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Well, what do you expect from Chot. He did the same to Limpot during his SLR stint. He would give more playing to Espino than Limpot. I know, it's a coaches' decision, but, one couldn't help but wonder.
  • fernando_hierrofernando_hierro Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    id give more playing time to Espino than Limpot too
    wheres Limpot now?
    won a championship when he was just a reserve with PF
    he holds the record for most games played until a championship was won
    buti nga nakaisa pa...
  • oopss.. wrong post.. sorry :)
This discussion has been closed.