Home PEx Sports PBA

3pt Line in the PBA

dodindodin PEx Rookie ⭐
The PBA has started using the amature line since last year, but still retains the old line. In almost all venues that they play, the old line still exist. Do they still have plans of reverting back to the old line? Using the amature line has made the game more exciting already. Why cant they just erase the old line? The playing court looks awful with 2 rainbow stripes. If you look at the NBA games, there is no playing court that has 2 rainbow lines. Well, if they do erase it, and in the future they want it back, they can just paint it back again.

Comments

• sa NBA venues kasi often there are 2 courts used, for NCAA and NBA. if you can remember, the arco arena previously had two lines.

anyway, the FIBA line has been extended (not sure of the measurements but it is still shorter than the NBA line) so i dunno what'll be done now. at hindi na rin trapezoid ang "key" ginawang rectangle na rin.
  • Wala namang masamang epekto yung 2 lines sa mga
    nakakaintindi ng basketball eh..

Kadalasan nalilito lang naman jan yung mga walang hilig
    talaga sa basketball..

Kaya hindi na kailangan i-erase para lang hindi malito.
  • dodin wrote: »
    The PBA has started using the amature line since last year, but still retains the old line. In almost all venues that they play, the old line still exist. Do they still have plans of reverting back to the old line? Using the amature line has made the game more exciting already. Why cant they just erase the old line? The playing court looks awful with 2 rainbow stripes. If you look at the NBA games, there is no playing court that has 2 rainbow lines. Well, if they do erase it, and in the future they want it back, they can just paint it back again.

I don't see any problem with two three-point lines. Anyway, the players use the court, not the spectators.
  • DevastatorDevastator The Absolute Power PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Ok lang ang lines, what they need to repaint is the shaded lane. Rectangle parin sa Araneta yet they're already using the Fiba Trapezoid.
  • Devastator wrote: »
    Ok lang ang lines, what they need to repaint is the shaded lane. Rectangle parin sa Araneta yet they're already using the Fiba Trapezoid.

I suggest keeping the rectangular key since thr new FIBA rules already use the rectangular key.
  • I don't see any problem with two three-point lines. Anyway, the players use the court, not the spectators.

i agree with this...*okay*
  • sana gayahin na ng PBA yung layo ng 3 Point Line tulad sa NBA para lahat ng 3 Pointers eh manibago naman!!!