UST Athletes

gud day,

yung mga varsity players ba ng men's volleyball sa uste ay nasa isang course lang. if yes anong course lang nila?:)

Comments

• salesianosalesiano Member PExer
    questions?to ust mvt

1. may special treatment ba sa kanila?
    2.may scholarship ba para sa kanila?
    3.ano oras training nila? and how often?
    4.may grade ba sila na imamaintain?
    5. ano benefits ng pagiging varsity player sa uste?
    6.may special sched ba para sa kanila?
  • clawed_outclawed_out Banned by Admin PExer
    I don't think so.

Majority of them are found in the College of Commerce that is because the schedule and academic load is proportionally fit to meet their extra curricular activities.

There have been plenty of varsity players that have taken other programs. I can recall one coming from Faculty of Engineering -MB and there's another one from the College of Science for WV.
  • chickenbrainchickenbrain Blackjack Tigress PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ Tama si clawed_out, hindi pare-pareho ang courses ng varsity sa UST. Majority ng MBT, sa Commerce or AB enrolled. Sa WVT naman: Commerce, IPEA, AB, Science and Architecture.

Para masagot ang iyong mga katanungan, ask ji-o (Coach Odjie of the MVT). PM mo na lang siya for more specific answers.

Pero I'll give you answers na rin to your queries, IMHO:

-- There's no special treatment whatsoever sa team.

-- Yes, the Santo Domingo de Guzman Scholarship for athletes.

-- Hindi ko sigurado yung specifics ng training.

-- Of course. UST does not tolerate low grades for every athletes. Once na medyo nagkakaproblema sa academics ang isang player, pinagpapahinga muna ito from the training/from competing to focus more on his/her studies.

-- Scholarship is all I know. There could be other benefits.

-- Are you referring to the schedule of their classes? There are no special schedules for the team. The coaching staff sees to it that the duration of the training of their players does not overlap with their academic schedule.
  • ji-oji-o Member PExer
    salesiano wrote: »
    gud day,
    yung mga varsity players ba ng men's volleyball sa uste ay nasa isang course lang. if yes anong course lang nila?:)

our MVT athletes are enrolled in different courses... commerce, ab, eng'g, cfad, archi, educ, ithm. IPEA is not a course but is a (transitionary) program that seeks to prepare athletes to their college of choice by taking up general subjects for their first 3 semesters in the university.
    questions?to ust mvt

1. special treatment, per se, can be viewed subjectively. all UST varsity athletes are SPECIAL! we accord them the best that they can get- from training program to equipments and benefits within the boundary of department's rules/regulations/policies. we also exact the best from them- from athletic performance and includes academic performance as well. there are special privileges for our athletes, and there are responsibilities that they must observe. the athletics office facilitate for all official requests that involves our athletes after careful deliberation and approval from our director.

now if by chance you are referring to "special treatment" regarding to their academic grades... sad to say- none. their profs alone has the say on this matter. *shudders at the thought of terror profs and anti-athlete profs*

2. usually, varsity players enjoy the Sto. Domingo Scholarship but other athletes also enjoy other types of scholarship -- the employee privilege and academic scholarship.

3. for the coming season:
    summer & first sem schedule - 630am - 10am / Mon to friday(&/or saturday)
    2nd sem - 1-4pm / mon to saturday
    holidays (christmas break) - 2x/day sessions

4. passing grade of 3.0 is ok. for those athletes with goals of graduating cum laude or maintaining DL status, and those with low marks... they are accorded "active rest" status every examination week.

5. full athletic scholarship (100% matriculation + misc discounts), top of the line equipments/supplies, medical & hospitalization, board & lodging (limited number), standard monthly laundry allowance (LoL), game day food allowance, partial subsidy for int'l trips (for nat'l athletes), costs for approved out-of-town tournaments are shouldered by the office, incentive to champion teams *okay*

6. the athletes' schedules are dictated by team's official and approved activities. the players must completely avoid conflict in their class schedules with that of the team's regular training schedule.

btw... salesian = don bosco ?
    Gud pm,

i'm still in high school here in don bosco mandaluyong. balak ko kasi mag varsity ng vball sa college. so pinagpaplanuhan na namin to ng parents ko. i like ust kasi average students daw ang mga nagaaral ** just like me. gusto sana ng parents ko sa UP, DLSU, ADMU pero parang mahirap i balance kasi di naman mataas ang IQ ko. at least in ust i can still manage to be a DL. buti naman may scholarship kasi mahal ng tuition. and i know maski kung ano ano sinasabi ng mga taga ibang skul sa mga taga uste. naniniwala pa rin ako na ust is still one of the top schools worldwide.
  • Synergy07Synergy07 Member PExer
    ^ average students? that's the best test for a university because ust will make you the best. No wonder why ust is beating ateneo and up in inter-university quiz bees, ,etc.
    wag kayo magalit sa akin. sabi sa akin yun. and besides i like UST at wala akong intensyon na siraan ang school nyo
  • Viva La TigresaViva La Tigresa Madridista. Ol?! PExer
    At sino naman ang nagsabi-sabi sa iyo ng mga iyan aber? Mga HS students din? :glee:

If you become a Thomasian athlete, be very proud. UST has the best sports program nationwide and Thomasian athletes are regarded as the best among the rest. ;)
  • ji-oji-o Member PExer
    hey guys... take it easy on salesian.... hs stude pa lang yan.

@salesian
    i'm glad that you have a concrete plan in preparation for your future. now if you want to become a part of UST MVT... ibang usapan na yan... you have to remove average on your vocabulary!
  • Viva La TigresaViva La Tigresa Madridista. Ol?! PExer
    ji-o wrote: »
    hey guys... take it easy on salesian.... hs stude pa lang yan.

@salesian
    i'm glad that you have a concrete plan in preparation for your future. now if you want to become a part of UST MVT... ibang usapan na yan... you have to remove average on your vocabulary!

Hi coach! Ang gara naman nung pagkakasabi mo o. Galing! *okay*
  • BatotoyBiboBatotoyBibo My batotoy is bibo!=p PExer
    Gud pm,

i'm still in high school here in don bosco mandaluyong. balak ko kasi mag varsity ng vball sa college. so pinagpaplanuhan na namin to ng parents ko. i like ust kasi average students daw ang mga nagaaral ** just like me. gusto sana ng parents ko sa UP, DLSU, ADMU pero parang mahirap i balance kasi di naman mataas ang IQ ko. at least in ust i can still manage to be a DL. buti naman may scholarship kasi mahal ng tuition. and i know maski kung ano ano sinasabi ng mga taga ibang skul sa mga taga uste. naniniwala pa rin ako na ust is still one of the top schools worldwide.

average stude ka lang? :hmm: goodluck. makachamba ka man sa USTET, di rin magtatagal at makikickout ka [sa engineering, science, accounting, nursing, architecture, etc]. wag ka na mangarap mag-DL sa USTe kung average stude ka lang [unless sa commerce ka hehe :D].. and by the way, hindi eskwelahan ng mga average students ang USTe. kung meron ka man ma-meet na Thomasian na tingin mo average lang sya, kakaunti lang yung kagaya nun sa USTe at tiyak sobrang sipag at tiyaga nun. *okay*
    Gud am,

i know that in every school may matatalino, may average at may bobo na nakikickout. pero naniniwala pa rin ako na mayroon room for slow learners and no room for lazy students at kung gugustuhin mo naman kakayanin mo.
  • SyusukeSyusuke -Hakugei- PExer
    average stude ka lang? :hmm: goodluck. makachamba ka man sa USTET, di rin magtatagal at makikickout ka [sa engineering, science, accounting, nursing, architecture, etc]. wag ka na mangarap mag-DL sa USTe kung average stude ka lang B]unless sa commerce ka hehe :D[/B.. and by the way, hindi eskwelahan ng mga average students ang USTe. kung meron ka man ma-meet na Thomasian na tingin mo average lang sya, kakaunti lang yung kagaya nun sa USTe at tiyak sobrang sipag at tiyaga nun. *okay*

ahem.. how sure are you that it is easy to become a DL in commerce..? are you from commerce or did you graduate from commerce as a cum laude?? if it's easy to become a DL in commerce or even a cum laude, how come the College of Commerce and Business Administration is one of the colleges who produced the lowest numbers of laudes last year?? sorry if this post looks rude but i just don't want our college to be disgraced like that..
  • weetzie_batweetzie_bat Graduating Tiger PExer
    tanong lang... di ako player pero gusto kong matuto ng specific sport... ust give training ba?
  • ji-oji-o Member PExer
    tanong lang... di ako player pero gusto kong matuto ng specific sport... ust give training ba?

depende sa event, coach, program, calendar/schedule, etc...

i usually allow regular students to train with the MVT as long as the student can cope up with the routines/drills. i cant say for the other events.
  • dyakindabaksdyakindabaks Member PExer
    average stude ka lang? :hmm: goodluck. makachamba ka man sa USTET, di rin magtatagal at makikickout ka [sa engineering, science, accounting, nursing, architecture, etc]. wag ka na mangarap mag-DL sa USTe kung average stude ka lang [unless sa commerce ka hehe :D].. and by the way, hindi eskwelahan ng mga average students ang USTe. kung meron ka man ma-meet na Thomasian na tingin mo average lang sya, kakaunti lang yung kagaya nun sa USTe at tiyak sobrang sipag at tiyaga nun. *okay*

HAHAHAHA. Natawa naman ako kay salesian!
    Average daw?
    Halos labasan na nga ako ng dugo sa tenga at mata para ma-maintain ang DL Status eh... :lol:
    Sir, mali ang balita sayo... Hindi average students ang Thomasians. Sabihin nating madaling makalusot sa USTET ang mga pa-easy easy, ASA naman na makalabas sila sa arch of the centuries! :lol:

peace!
  • mr.patrickmr.patrick Member PExer
    we'll see... alam ko nagiging mahigpit na ang ust sa pagtanggap ng freshies.
  • BatotoyBiboBatotoyBibo My batotoy is bibo!=p PExer
    Syusuke wrote: »
    ahem.. how sure are you that it is easy to become a DL in commerce..? are you from commerce or did you graduate from commerce as a cum laude?? if it's easy to become a DL in commerce or even a cum laude, how come the College of Commerce and Business Administration is one of the colleges who produced the lowest numbers of laudes last year?? sorry if this post looks rude but i just don't want our college to be disgraced like that..

Syusuke I'm neither of those. My previous post was just an exaggeration of my opinion though -- implying that commerce lags behind most colleges in USTe. This is general knowledge within the Thomasian community. FYI palaging konti laudes sa commerce kasi nga mas dense ang population ng mga magagaling ang nasa engineering, crs, science, nursing, etc. kesa nasa commerce. Peace tayo ah. *okay*
  • weetzie_batweetzie_bat Graduating Tiger PExer
    inismol ko rin dati ang ust.. sorry to say, kasi kahit yung mga regular class sa amin, nakakapasa sa ustet, pero mali ako,
    siguro nga, madali makapasa sa ust compare sa ibang to univs. dito pero mahigpit pala labanan pag nakapasok ka na kasi may laglagan (debar) sa ust.
  • SyusukeSyusuke -Hakugei- PExer
    Syusuke I'm neither of those. My previous post was just an exaggeration of my opinion though -- implying that commerce lags behind most colleges in USTe. This is general knowledge within the Thomasian community. FYI palaging konti laudes sa commerce kasi nga mas dense ang population ng mga magagaling ang nasa engineering, crs, science, nursing, etc. kesa nasa commerce. Peace tayo ah. *okay*

im not taking it so seriously..:) siyempre peace tayo..!*okay* sharing of own opinion lang.. hehe.. kasi sa unang post mo, yung college yung reason for in the deans list.. then ngayon, students naman that seems to imply that both college and students lag behind everything.. and that, i do not agree.. marami din pong magagaling sa commerce but there are a lot of professors who only give a grade not higher than 2.50 which is unfair.. many professors give tests that they know for themselves that students cannot perfect it or even get a grade higher than 85.. i must know cause i experienced a lot of it.. meron pa nga yung tipong hindi na talaga masagot.. hahaha..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file