Scholarship Grants

Paano po ba mag apply ng scholarship sa ust?
ano po requirements? tnx

Comments

• SyusukeSyusuke -Hakugei- PExer
    hi there!:wave:

i'm a UST scholar.. during my time, you need to have your highschool grades, recommendation letter from your school and from your parish and ITR of parents.. i can't remember all of it but try to call the OSA(Office for Student Affairs).. i think you need to enroll first before you can apply for a scholarship..
  • joseph0487joseph0487 Contemplare et Contemplata PExer
    ^^ yep, enroll first before you can apply for a scholarship. I got mine when i was in second year. It took me almost two semesters in getting through all of the screening. It's best if you'll ask the Office for Student Affairs for the procedures and Requirements. They're accommodating and will be happy to help you.

God bless you in your pursuit!
  • MitsukoMitsuko killing innocent PExer
    Syusuke wrote: »
    hi there!:wave:

i'm a UST scholar.. during my time, you need to have your highschool grades, recommendation letter from your school and from your parish and ITR of parents.. i can't remember all of it but try to call the OSA(Office for Student Affairs).. i think you need to enroll first before you can apply for a scholarship..
    joseph0487 wrote: »
    ^^ yep, enroll first before you can apply for a scholarship. I got mine when i was in second year. It took me almost two semesters in getting through all of the screening. It's best if you'll ask the Office for Student Affairs for the procedures and Requirements. They're accommodating and will be happy to help you.

God bless you in your pursuit!

What type of scholarship did you apply? :confused:
    actually, i applied for a san lorenzo scholarship (working scholar) when i was about to become a freshman.. ofcourse, i enrolled first then tried to apply as early as possible.. it was not a financial constraint that made me apply for it, I only wanted to prove myself that i can be a scholar..:D

i was recommended to take up a company scholarship categorized as san martin de porres scholar because according to OSA i was eligible for it.. hehe.. i am an academic scholar but not like the santo tomas scholars..:)

if you were to ask me which is the most beneficial, i would say the san lorenzo scholarship like kuya joseph's..*okay*
    Syusuke wrote: »
    actually, i applied for a san lorenzo scholarship (working scholar) when i was about to become a freshman.. ofcourse, i enrolled first then tried to apply as early as possible.. it was not a financial constraint that made me apply for it, I only wanted to prove myself that i can be a scholar..:D

i was recommended to take up a company scholarship categorized as san martin de porres scholar because according to OSA i was eligible for it.. hehe.. i am an academic scholar but not like the santo tomas scholars..:)

if you were to ask me which is the most beneficial, i would say the san lorenzo scholarship like kuya joseph's..*okay*

But I guess you must balance between your work and your studies. What is the grade that you will maintain if you get the scholarship? Are you only going to work inside the campus? Will you get a salary from that?
    Mitsuko wrote: »
    What type of scholarship did you apply? :confused:

San Lorenzo Ruiz Scholarship (working scholar)
    But I guess you must balance between your work and your studies. What is the grade that you will maintain if you get the scholarship? Are you only going to work inside the campus? Will you get a salary from that?

Maintaining grades for scholarship:

Santo Tomas Scholar - GWA per sem of 1.75 (89-91)

San Martin Scholar - GWA per sem of 2.25 (84-86)

San Lorenzo Scholar - GWA per sem of 2.50 (81-83)

San Lorenzo scholars work inside UST.. they do clerical works.. they need to work for a minimum of 20hrs per week.. they do have monthly stipend but i'm not sure how much is it..

Yes, 2.5, yes, yes.

Time management at its best. Kinabahan pa ko nun kasi talagang nangangalahati ang populasyon sa Akawntansya. Buti nalang di ako bumagsak.

Free tuition AND miscellaneous fees. kasi sa ibang scholarship, tuition lang yung free or may discount. yung misc fee, may bayad. But, you have to render your service to the University for a number of hours per week. Ako, I work 20 hours a week at the UST Center for Contextualized Theology and Applied Ethics (now known as Center for Ethics and John Paul II Research Center for Ecclesiastical Studies) sa TARC.

You must maintain an average of 2.50 for the whole year with no failing grades nor incomplete. Manageable naman sya, basta sipag lang at tiyaga.

In addition to the benefit of having to literally pay only one peso upon enrollment, you'll be receiving a monthly stipend as well. During my time it was P750. But now, i think it's more than that amount. it's quite a big help for your out-of-pocket expenses in the classroom like xerox copies for handouts, books, school supplies, etc..

The fact that you'll render your service isn't really a burden at all. In fact, you'll enjoy it and you'll learn much more things than a normal full-time student would learn in the university. You'll learn how to deal with different types of people (from kuya janitor to the rector), manage your time & money wisely, self-respect, the value of hardwork, and discipline.
    ^^it is also very beneficial because it will enhance your social skills and make you more responsible. ang sarap kaya nung feeling na ikaw yung nagpapaaral sa sarili mo tapos alam mong nakakatulong ka sa parents mo..:D ang lam ko nasa 1000+ na yung monthly stipend ngayon..:)
    ^^ i remember every 15 and end of the month, excited ako kasi may panggastos ulit! hahahah! yep, i heard it's more than 1000+

maganda rin dun, nagkakaron ka ng mga kakilala sa kung saan saang opisina sa UST. Like me, kakilala ko yung Vice Rector ngayon ng UST, mabait yun sobra, si Fr. Tiong. Siya kasi yung boss ko nun.

isa pang perk ng pagiging working scholar, nakakapunta ka kung saan saan sa UST na usually restricted. Like nung ako kasi noon, sa Theology nga naka-assign, ayun, andami ko nang napasok na lugar sa UST na usually bawal ang estudyante like sa loob ng Father's Residence, yung hallway ng Faculty of Theology, atbp. Basta, masasabi kong experience of a lifetime ang pagiging UST Working Scholar!
  • bluesilverbluesilver Member PExer
    haia, gusto ko na ulit mag-apply sa scholarship kasi nung 1st sem nag-apply ako kaso sinabi domestic problem daw kami at hindi financial...gusto ko kasi makatulong kala mami, ang mahal mahal ng tuition.huhu

pwede pa kaya ulit mag-apply?:)
  • benj20_phbenj20_ph Kapamilya For Life! PExer
    hindi yata ako aware sa mga scholarship na yan when i was studying sa USTe.

considering na hindi naman ganon kahirap ang course ko sa AB, sana pala kinarir ko yang mga scholarship na yan at sana nakatipid ako sa tuition ko...haha
    ^^ i remember every 15 and end of the month, excited ako kasi may panggastos ulit! hahahah! yep, i heard it's more than 1000+

maganda rin dun, nagkakaron ka ng mga kakilala sa kung saan saang opisina sa UST. Like me, kakilala ko yung Vice Rector ngayon ng UST, mabait yun sobra, si Fr. Tiong. Siya kasi yung boss ko nun.

isa pang perk ng pagiging working scholar, nakakapunta ka kung saan saan sa UST na usually restricted. Like nung ako kasi noon, sa Theology nga naka-assign, ayun, andami ko nang napasok na lugar sa UST na usually bawal ang estudyante like sa loob ng Father's Residence, yung hallway ng Faculty of Theology, atbp. Basta, masasabi kong experience of a lifetime ang pagiging UST Working Scholar!

at isa pa sa pinaka-iinggitan namin mga martin, tomas at domingo scholars eh yung elevator pass ng mga lorenzo scholars sa buong UST!!!:lol: kainggit!! hahahaha!
    ^^ haha! LOL ginagamit ko yan sa AMV building nun hahahah!
  • wacky_wackswacky_wacks Member PExer

at pag saksakan ka ng swerte..hindi lang sa ust ang pwede mong marating..hahaha..joseph knows what i mean:)
    Teka, magkano po ba ang tuition ngayon sa AB?

Para kung mahal man, mag aaply nalang ako ng scholarship. :D
    at pag saksakan ka ng swerte..hindi lang sa ust ang pwede mong marating..hahaha..joseph knows what i mean:)

si wacky wacks suerte yan working scholar din yan, kung saan saan nakarating yan!! walang biro!
    san nagwowork si kuya wacky??
    ^^ Sa Faculty of Sacred Theology, kaya suwerte yang si kuya wacky nyo! hahaha! madalas din yan mag-around-the-UST sa pamumudmod ng posters. Pero dami perks nyan hehehehe.

Dagdag mo rin yung perk ng isang working scholar na nakakaalam ka ng mga balita bago malaman ng karamihan (like walang pasok sa ganitong araw, at iba pa, hehe). Saka maraming regalo tuwing pasko! haay i miss those days...
  • wacky_wackswacky_wacks Member PExer
    haha i miss the days..lalo na ang pasko at outing hehe..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file