Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Pinoy Anime

yuel0022yuel0022 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
Sa tingin nyo po..

Posible ba na makapag-produce ang Philippines ng anime? High quality and masasabing world-class, or at least makikilala sa ibang bansa.

sa pagkakaalam ko kasi ang South Korea nagpo-produce na rin ng anime.

ano po sa tingin nyo?

regarding naman sa manga, posible rin ba talaga na mag-grow ang manga industry dito sa Pinas?

tnx po sa mga sasagot *okay*

Comments

• QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yuel0022 wrote: »
    Sa tingin nyo po..

Posible ba na makapag-produce ang Philippines ng anime? High quality and masasabing world-class, or at least makikilala sa ibang bansa.

sa pagkakaalam ko kasi ang South Korea nagpo-produce na rin ng anime.

ano po sa tingin nyo?

regarding naman sa manga, posible rin ba talaga na mag-grow ang manga industry dito sa Pinas?

tnx po sa mga sasagot *okay*

Why not????

France is also stepping up - in terms of copping the big eye imagery and "exag"'d expressions right. Take a look at Totally Spies over at Disney and the new Fantastic Four cartoons (w/c were aired at Cartoon Network some months ago)

Look at how South Korea cultivated its own "anime" industry - through strategic (creative) alliances with major Japanese studios.

Time and again though, I still insist the only "true" anime comes from Japanese studios in Japan (just like "champagne" can only be called such if it is pressed in the namesake region in France from area-grown grapes)
  • juliusbornejuliusborne PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I'd rather see Filipinos make their own distinctive art style. But with the majority of animation enthusiasts Japan-ized, I don't know if it will happen.

Then I have to ask: who will make one of that caliber? I have no knowledge of any animation studios in our country, especially one that already has a track record. If there is none then we move to the question: who would want to make one? The big networks? I doubt. And even if they did, I have a gut feeling the script will be a rehash of some other show. Of course, you can pool interested individuals into a working group and start on the production process. Then your problems will mostly revolve around funds. For a starting company you'd probably get sponsorships in small deposits, unlike the corporates where money come in bundles.

My main gripes will always be on the script. Originality seems like a rarity. Nowadays I hear a lot of people giving ideas by saying "it's like ______, but with______." Skip originality and then you're left with the execution to differentiate it with its archetype. "How do you make a Harem not a Harem?"

Manga-wise, I get the impression that we don't get that much activity. I've only went to 2 conventions in the past 2 years. I only see a few tables dedicated for local mangas. And for those two events I've only bought three.

tl;dr - Generally, we can. The question is "what" and "how".
  • yuel0022yuel0022 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    tl;dr - Generally, we can. The question is "what" and "how".

yep.. the BIG QUESTION indeed.
  • There are a lot of animation studios in the country but they are mostly outsource types that foreign companies hire or sponsor. There is no lack of talents here to make first-class animation it is just that no one will be willing to fork out that much money to do it. You are right about the originality too. It's probably gonna be some spandex superhero j/k