PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

"F*** You Stephen King!" video from a rabid Twilight Fan

BTW, I am not anti-Twilight. I haven't read any of Stephenie Meyer's material so I don't have the right to criticize any of her books. Stephen King's criticisms on Stephenie Meyer's writing abilities created a heavy controversy that is still brewing on the web. Some Twilight fans had the gall to say that Stephen King was just jealous of Stephenie Meyer's success, and that makes me fume.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDQ2h4hrors&feature=channel_page

And here are some of the responses to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjUXvOHcDW4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a-DKuD2ORA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAbsD7korR8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTXr874Tv5c&feature=related

There are still loads of responses. Just find them under Related Videos. Enjoy! :D

Comments

• ricinricin Music Lover ✭✭
    Me also, f*** you Stephen King. Go to hell. Don't you ever dare to criticise James Patterson.

Fu****g rodent. You are a prat.
  • cyberfunkcyberfunk "It's just a flesh wound.." PExer
    Stephen King is very generous in giving good reviews too. Even to those young writers of his own genre.
    “People are attracted by the stories, by the pace and in the case of Stephenie Meyer, it’s very clear that she’s writing to a whole generation of girls and opening up kind of a safe joining of love and sex in those books.”

“Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people… The real difference is that J.K. Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good,” Stephen says emphatically.

Theres is a tinge of truth in it and if theres any criticisms I could respect I would rather hear from another writer too. Don't get me wrong but I did like both series and I guess it would take a Stephen King to know the difference. I did struggle quite a bit while reading the Twilight Series since it was obviously aiming for the raging libidos of the pubescent female readers.. A very far cry from Anne Rice.

Stephen King in many respects is a wonderful writer. He has made a contribution. People in the future will be able to pick up Stephen King's books and learn a lot about who we were by reading those books.

- Anne Rice
  • ricinricin Music Lover ✭✭
    Basta, walang hiya siya. He sucks. Already removed all his books from my shelves already and thrown into fire. Won't regret doing it, he deserves it.
  • ...wakaranai...wakaranai nerd ~o-o~ PExer
    from www.shocktillyoudrop.com
    Stephen King Speaks Out About Twilight
    Source:USA Weekend February 4, 2009

When it comes to Twilight author Stephenie Meyer, you can't say Stephen King's a fan.

King said in an interview with USA Weekend, "Both [J.K.] Rowling and Meyer, they're speaking directly to young people... The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good."

Ouch.

He goes on to explain the draw surrounding Meyer's series: "People are attracted by the stories, by the pace and in the case of Stephenie Meyer, it's very clear that she's writing to a whole generation of girls and opening up kind of a safe joining of love and sex in those books. It's exciting and it's thrilling and it's not particularly threatening because it's not overtly sexual."

i own the whole Twilight series, and have read the first 2 books. the writing was simple, cannot be compared to Anne Rice's or to Stephen King's, for both of them are exceptional writers. but, as King said, Meyer is aiming for the young girls of the generation, and there's nothing wrong with that. the narrator of the story is a teenage girl. there's no sense in using big words. and if it's true that Meyer is targeting the youth, then she succeeded. and the next generation will also know her novels.
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier Your Personal Jesus PExer
    No offense, but I laugh at people when they say they or their kids love books like they some intellectuals. I ask them what books they read...and they tell me Harry Potter or Twilight series. They make me chuckle.

Just advice to other writers, don't **** with writers with a big following of girl fans. They're low lives and stupid, they don't care if they make themselves stupid to get revenge.

As for ricin, I don't think he criticize the actor, he was talking about the books.

Lol.
    ricin wrote: »
    Basta, walang hiya siya. He sucks. Already removed all his books from my shelves already and thrown into fire. Won't regret doing it, he deserves it.

You actually burned a book?!!!

and from no less than somebody who not only wrote horror stories but also wrote the likes of The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Hearts in Atlantis and stand by me.

May mga twilight Nazis na pala.
    to keep things sharp: criticism. what make people run faster, products better, and writers to write better.
    I'm not being a homophobic or anything but from a heterosexual guys point of view the twilight series is sooo gay.. I read it and I must say it made me winced.
    ^That's how girls like it. That's why my future endeavor: write vampire pre teen novels, with uber metro, borderline homo, androgynous hero. Girls buy these books, I mean the real reader girls buy the quality novels, but think about the casuals that read sparingly, that's a bigger market untapped, are the ones hooked to this!

I'd make a pseudonym that's gay like 'Andrei/Dante McTaggert' or some shizz.
  • Zorro_LegendZorro_Legend Member PExer
    cyberfunk wrote: »
    I'm not being a homophobic or anything but from a heterosexual guys point of view the twilight series is sooo gay.. I read it and I must say it made me winced.

Just hearing love-struck stories from my female friends ilicit the same response from me. :lol:

The main difference maybe between HP and Twilight is that HP cuts across gender and I think, age, while with twilight, the target is a specific group. And Stephen King is no dreamy eyed teenage girl. We must factor this in.
  • EnosEnos cat * | awk '{print $0}' PExer
    cyberfunk wrote: »

and from no less than somebody who not only wrote horror stories but also wrote the likes of The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Hearts in Atlantis and stand by me.

also The Dark Tower

imo one of the best sci-fi/fantasy/horror/western/mindf*ck series ever! :D
    they should start filming this already
    (the creators of LOST have the film options),
    para tayo naman me pipilahan sa sine ala twilight, lol!! KA!!
  • nozmailnozmail RAWR! PExer
    Enos wrote: »
    also The Dark Tower

imo one of the best sci-fi/fantasy/horror/western/mindf*ck series ever! :D
    they should start filming this already
    (the creators of LOST have the film options),
    para tayo naman me pipilahan sa sine ala twilight, lol!! KA!!

Enos, mahal na kita. :love:
  • phil14:3phil14:3 scientia ancille fidei PExer
    Oh geez. don't even put Stephanie Meyer on the same sentence with Stephen King. PUHH-LEAZE!!

Meyers is only for teens. King is for everyone.

and yes, I'm what you can classify as a teen. just turned my first
    "-ty" age this year. lol.
  • BzouBzou antithesis of U PExer
    I don't understand some people's obsession to the Twilight series.

I hated it.

Let's give Stephen King a break, he has earned respect.

People who are crazy about it have not read many "quality" books.
    Generous din naman si Stephen King giving good reviews sa ibang authors who deserves it

"I have seen the future of horror, his name is Clive Barker."

- Stephen King
  • Ice BurnIce Burn Conflicting Karma PExer
    The rabid twilight fans remind me of the kapamilya and kapuso fans. :lol:

Anyway, Stephen King is Stephen King. Stepanie Meyers? Sure Twilight Series are bestsellers but geez she's just a Chick Lit writer. Let's see if she can do something better than the Twilight Series worth comparing to Stephen King.
  • EnosEnos cat * | awk '{print $0}' PExer
    nozmail wrote: »
    Enos, mahal na kita. :love:

my Ka-Tet :bashful:
    Flee across the desert...
    I'll follow.. lolz!! :D

I've never read twilight, but I can understand the obsession.
    Women like this stuff (romance, hawt vampires, sparkle, etc)
    pantasya nila yun e.. (not all wiminz though)

same way as we men like to fantasize of war, space travel, your level 40 ranger/fighter killing noobs on the battlefield.. lolz
    (again.. not all)

it's ok to read 'fluff' once in a while..
    guilty din ako dyan.

a Dark Tower movie would be seriously cool though..

They all came at Roland and fell, Ka-blam!!
    none are a match for his sword, err, I mean gun!
    yes, I'm sure!!.. guns! not swords!! :lol:
  • cWaYzicWaYzi CharlizeTheronIsMyGod PExer
    I've never read any novels from Stephen King, since I'm a scardy cat understandable naman siguro na iwasan kong magbasa ng mga horror books. But I have all the respect for Stephen King.

Anyways, I've read the Twilight series before I've read the HP Series. I have to admit I was obsessed with the Twilight series [i'm a girl btw ;)], but thank goodness to my friend who forced me to read the HP series and I was really amazed by how well J.K. Rowling twists the stories. It was so unpredictable and very well written.

I'm a fan of both series but Stephen King was just telling the truth when he said that J.K. Rowling was the better writer.
    Twilight = Sweet Valley High with Vampires
  • blastdinosaurblastdinosaur ..out from blown speakers! PExer
    I'm so glad I found this thread!

I lol'd at one of the comments...

"For some unknown ironic reason, nuttymadam reminds me of a character from one of Stephen King's novels. I believe she was called "Annie Wilkes"."

lol

and yeah, King really pointed out a great talent:Clive Barker. I read "The Great And Secret Show" is one of the best books I've read.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file