FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

NINA Soul SIREigNs Thread 7.5 and Everywhere You Are There We'll Be......

JmarJmar ~sOuLhEaRtHrOb~ PExer
NINA SOUL SIREN : THE ONE AND ONLY SOUL SIREN OF THE PHILIPPINES, NEWEST QUEEN OF POP AND MULTIPLATINUM ARTIST AT ITS FINEST!!!

threadcd7.jpg

No other female artist could match Nina's all-around mastery of pop, r&b. jazz and soul genres. While others limit themselves to just r&b, ballads, acoustic tributes or the occasional remake, Nina the mainstream superstar has done much, much more and it shows in Nina, her self-titled and well-rounded studio release.

[highlight]LINKS TO NINA:[/highlight]

Official Website: NSS
www.ninasoulsireigns.blogspot.com

[highlight]PEX THREADS:[/highlight]

Thread I - The Soul Siren, NINA!
Thread II - NINA... The Soul Siren
Thread III - The Soul Siren, Nina - Thread III...and the friendship started here
Thread IV - NINA... Thread IV -- "No One Does It Like The SOUL SIREN"
Thread V - NINA: The Multiplatinum Artist with The Golden Voice Thread V
Thread VI - NINA: BEYOND LIMITS! Thread VI
NINA: Soul Sireigns Thread VII "What More Could You Ask For?!

Credits to:

Dra. Winnnie - for the Photo layout
Jomz - Final Layout
JM - Thread Concept

Comments

• JmarJmar ~sOuLhEaRtHrOb~ PExer
    NINA SOUL SIREN : THE ONE AND ONLY SOUL SIREN OF THE PHILIPPINES, NEWEST QUEEN OF POP AND MULTIPLATINUM ARTIST AT ITS FINEST!!!

ninaalbumkx3.jpg

Let's talk about the one and only SOUL SIReigNs Nina and her achievements *okay*

Nina, dubbed as the country’s soul siren is just barely seven years in the Philippine music industry. But unlike her contemporaries it will be reckoned that Nina has achieved much compared to any solo performer in her genre.

The sweet, bubbly & humble songstress came across as an underdog to existing singers during her first years. However, the definition “underdog” may now be an understatement & a thing of the past since Nina has proven that she has what it takes to be considered as one of the most important & influential singers in the country.

Famously known for her ability to belt out high notes & sing in the whistle register, Nina also earned the moniker “Mariah Carey of the Philippines”. But she can do more than that. As years went by, the beautiful soul siren never failed to entertain us with her amazing versatility.

Nina, the Hitmaker

When Nina was introduced to the Philippine music scene no one believed that she can do more than singing sweet songs. The petite songstress actually started out as a frontrunner in bands that had regular gig circuits in the metro. However, she never really seriously pursued singing as a career back then since she was more focused on her studies.

Until the opportunity came when she was able to balance her priorities & passion for singing. Armed with a demo tape of her version of Steve Perry’s “Foolish Heart” she dared to submit this rendition to Warner Music Philippines’ head honchos. The executives, upon hearing the demo never had second thoughts in signing up the then anonymous singer even without seeing her. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Nina was first heard on the airwaves via samplers of “Heaven”, an upbeat pop-dance tune which made listeners wonder who the voice is behind the indulging pop song. But it was until “Jealous” was released that Nina became popularly known. The bittersweet themed ballad was her first number one hit & is considered as one of the most beautiful love songs in OPM.

After “Jealous”, Nina was almost pegged as a one-hit wonder but she proved detractors wrong when she release hit after hit via “Foolish Heart” & “Loving You” from her first album. Four singles from her first album made the singer phenomenal which prodded Warner to release a second album with “Make You Mine” as its carrier single. The first single from the second album was a success which was followed by radio friendly tunes like “A Girl Can Dream”, “Sayang Naman” & “Shoo Bee Doo”.

After the first two albums Nina needed to take a rest. And her idea of rest was simple. This is to record a Dianne Warren composition entitled “I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend” which was a remarkable hit. It was a simple release but results were overwhelming.

The first two albums were already considered phenomenal & important in spawning a positive upturn in a singer’s career. One may think it was enough to place Nina with a stable singing career. But Nina surpassed expectations & surprised everyone with the release of her third album, “Nina Live!” her most phenomenal album to date & carried more than successful hits in “Love Moves In Mysterious Ways” considered to be her most successful number one hit, “Through The Fire”, “Constantly” & “I Love You Goodbye”, all of which charted to number one in Philippine music charts. With this, Nina was considered as the biggest hitmaker of 2005 & 2006.

Nina never stopped creating hits even up to now. 2007 saw “I Do”, the tearjerker ballad “Someday” & for 2008, a gripping remake of a Barry Manilow original, “Somewhere Down the Road”. All of which are remarkably successful.

Nina, the Multiplatinum Artist

In this age of piracy & declining Philippine music industry, Nina rose to revive the ailing OPM scene. Nina was responsible for bringing back OPM aficionados via her songs & mesmerizing renditions.

Nina is the only artist whose albums are all certified platinum thus, earning the title multiplatinum artist. Her selling potential can never be questioned with PARI certified awards for her work.

Her first album “Heaven” achieved double platinum status which is a mean feat for a new singer. This success recognized her as one of Metro Magazine’s Women to Watch for this decade. “Smile” is certified platinum & continues to earn sales even up to now.

Her biggest achievement will be with “Nina Live!” which was released in 2005 but until now is still in the music sales charts. The cd is certified 8x platinum which made it the third highest selling album in Philippine music history after Jose Mari Chan’s “Christmas in Our Hearts” & the Eraserheads’ “Cutterpillow”. This cd also came with a DVD which also earned respectable sales & marked platinum status as well.

Her self-titled album easily scored Platinum status after only a few months of release & the limited edition cd of Barry Manilow’s songs done the soul siren way is earmarked Double Platinum.

Nina, the Credible Product Endorser

Considering her commercial viability with her number one hits & multiplatinum albums it is wise for advertising executives as an endorser. Nina’s personality is a perfect fit for different products considering her reputation for genuine talent with intact values. With this she earned exclusive deals to endorse Ellips Cologne, Levi’s Jeans & Nescafe via the hit “Simula”.

Nina’s high taste in fashion also earned Mango, Guess & MarkAlexander.com’s invitation to constantly sponsor her clothes.

In 2006, Nina was the official spokesperson of Goldilocks for the bakeshop’s 40th Anniversary. The soul siren was the voice behind “Araw Mo” which is now considered as the official Filipino birthday song.

Currently, her ability to provide quality performance impressed Sennheiser’s executives which made her as its official product endorser for its quality & top caliber microphones & audio products. It is noteworthy that Sennheiser is a German product & for a Filipina to endorse it is such an honor.

Nina, TV’s Almost Always Most Anticipated Guest

Although she rarely has regular shows on the boob tube Nina’s guestings on TV shows are remarkable & cannot be considered as forgettable. The soul siren is well anticipated in musical variety shows like ASAP who always treat her as one of its most important stars.

Music channels like MTV & MYX regularly schedules her for celebrity VJ stints & live performances as well as specials. Even cooking shows like Spoon never failed to book her.

Name a show & Nina definitely has guested on it. And these guestings are well remembered. From variety shows, hosting stints, TV specials & documentaries, Nina has her share of important TV moments.

Nina, the Siren with Graceful Moves

But, perhaps, Nina will be most remembered among her TV appearances via Shall We Dance wherein she was a monthly champion for a celebrity dancing challenge.

Nobody knew that Nina could dance. Moreover, nobody knew that Nina could dance exceptionally just like singing. She has flawless dance moves & is a beautiful sight to behold on the dance floor. Dancing can be considered as another genuine talent for her earning the recognition of credible dance choreographers & experts.

Nina, the Award Winning Soul Siren

With commercial success, Nina never failed to balance her career with critical success as well. She is a perennial favorite of credible award giving bodies such as the Awit Awards & Aliw Awards.

The Awit Awards constantly recognizes her achievement for fine vocal performance, album sales & commercial viability while Aliw never failed to recognize her stage presence, creativity & mark as a live concert performer & producer. There will never be a year that Nina doesn’t get nominated for an Awit or Aliw Award.

Nina, Philippine’s Next Top Concert Artist

As a live performer who hungers for passion in quality performance, Nina never failed to amaze thousands of crowd. From small gigs, special events, live radio & TV performances, minor concerts & major concerts; Nina has filled every corner of a venue to box-office level. All her concert venues are jam-packed & sold out. Her latest Araneta concert saw crowds sitting on aisles & standing on pews just to get a glimpse of the talented performer.

Nina, a Performer with Intact Values

In spite of all her achievement at a very young age Nina never failed to look back. She is always grateful to people who helped her achieve what & where she is now. She is vocal in appreciating & constantly thanking her family, fans, admirers, colleagues & even her personal assistants, helpers & drivers in every success she reaps.

This is no wonder why Nina has a lot of children fans which makes her a perfect youth model. She was able to graduate with a degree in Accountancy with impressive grades from Miriam College while busy with her career. She often produces concerts with proceeds benefiting several charitable institutions. Her limited edition cd for Goldilocks, sales of which were directly channeled to an institution that helps children afflicted with cancer.

Nina also advocates reading. She admits to being a bookworm herself. Just recently, she opened to the public her impressive collection of books & held a read-along session with kids sponsored by the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

bigninasd5mr1.gif

NINA + DIANE WARREN = PERFECT COMBINATION

A slew of multi-platinum albums, a multitude of awards and recognition from her peers—all of this and
    more sum Nina’s career throughout the years.

As much as one might think this is already enough to rest one’s laurels on, the Soul Siren herself admits,
    she still has much to offer and hopes that fans will continue supporting her in the coming decades.

“I still have much to fulfill…greater dreams, bigger aspirations….I owe it to my fans.
    They had been supportive all these times…showering me with love and unbridled affection…I am eternally grateful.
    It is because of them that I will continue doing my best, as a singer, as an artist…it is because of them that I
    continue dreaming and reaching for the stars.”

This exactly how NINA feels about her new opus, “Nina Sings The Hits Of Diane Warren” under Warner Music Philippines...

“This album is a gift to my fans. I feel so honored and privileged to team up with Ms. Diane Warren in this project,” says Nina.
    Her love for the gifted songwriter was first made palpable when she recorded, “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend,”
    in 2004 for the compilation Diane Warren Presents: Love Songs. The song stayed at the number one spot for two months!

Another Warren composition, “I Love You Goodbye” released as the fourth and final single of the Nina Live! Album,
    also made it to the higher echelon of the local charts.

“Fans had been requesting that I release a full album of Diane Warren songs for as long as I could remember…so here it is,
    from me to you, with love.” The long wait is over with the release of an all Diane Warren hits interpreted by the Soul Siren.
    For Nina, the latest outing would be her most memorable work because not all singers are given by a world famous songwriter
    like Diane Warren to record their compositions in one album. The tracklist include: “I Don”t Want To Miss A Thing,” (Aerosmith),
    “Because You Loved Me,” (Celine Dion) , “Un-Break My Heart (Toni Braxton), “I Turn To You” (Christina Aguilera),
    “How Do I Live” (Trisha Yearwood), “There You’ll Be (Faith Hill), “Blue Eyes Blue“ (Eric Clapton), “I Could Not Ask For More” (Edwin McCain),
    “When I See You Smile” (Bad English), “If I could Turn Back” (Cher), “Love Will Lead You Back,” (Taylor Dane) & more!

Recording Diane Warren’s roster of hits in one CD is something that Nina always dreamt of.
    Nina has nothing but praises for Diane Warren whose every compostion she has memorized by heart.
    The feeling is mutual for Diane Warren who believes that Nina’s incomparable artistry would do justice to her musical masterpieces.

VOCAL PROFILE

Voice type : Lyric Coloratura Soprano
    Highest note : E7 (Simula), C#7 (I Dont Want To Be Your Friend) , C7(Sayang Naman)
    Lowest note : F#3 (Officially Missing You)
    Vocal Range : approximately 4 Octaves
    Longest Note : 15 seconds

ALBUMS / ALBUM AWARDS

Heaven
    Released : 2002
    Certification : 2x Platinum

Smile
    Released : 2003
    Certification : Platinum

Nina Live!
    Released : 2005
    Certification : 8x platinum and still counting (Gold in just 3 days and platinum for a week)

Nina
    Released : 2006
    Certification : 2x Platinum and still counting

Nina Featuring The Hits of Barry Manilow
    Released : 2007
    Certification : Platinum

Nina In The Mix
    Released : 2007

Nina Sngs The Hits Of Dianne Warren
    Released : 2008
    Certification : Gold (In just a week time) and still counting

COMPILATIONS / COLLABORATIONS

Soul Obsessions by Thor
    Released : 2008
    Single : Whenever You Call (with Thor)

Hotsilog " The ASAP Compilation"
    Single : Lumapit ka

Goldilocks 40th year anniversary album
    Single : Araw Mo

Tunog Akustik 4
    Single : I'll always love you

I will always love you OST Album
    Single : I will always love you

Joe Pizzulo "All the Best"
    Released : 2005
    Single : I'll Never Gonna Give You Up (with Joe Pizzulo)
    What Do we Mean to each other (with Joe Pizzulo)

"Dianne Warren Love Songs Compilation"
    Released : 2004
    Single : I dont want to be your friend

The All-Star Warner Music Album
    Released :2004
    Single : The Christmas Song

Tunog Akustik 3
    Released :2004
    Single : Sayang Naman

ENDORSEMENTS

TV commercials

Goldilocks
    Ellips

Sponsors

Levi's
    Mark Alexandre
    Scheinheisser Microphone

Magazines

Burn
    Popsicle
    MTV Ink
    Woman
    PinoyMag

ACHIEVEMENTS / AWARDS

Favorite New Artist- Awit Awards

Best R&B Song- "2nd Floor", Awit Awards

Favorite New Artist- MTV Pilipinas

Favorite Female Artist- Teens Voice Awards

OPM Female Artist of the Year- Magic 89.9

OPM Song of the Year- "Jealous", Magic 89.9

Favorite Female Artist- Candy Rap Awards

Best Female Performer in Hotel, Music Lounges and Bars- Aliw Awards

No. 1 Female R&B Singer in the Philippines- Philippines Business Excellence Awards/ Awards and Recognition Association of the Philippines

Artist of the Month of Janauary- MTV Philippines

Artist of the Month of January- 97.1 WLS FM

Singing Ambassador of Goodwill 2004/Center for Pop Music Philippines, Inc.

One of Women to Watch in 2004/Mega Magazine

Best Female Acoustic Artist- National Consumers Quality Awards

OPM Artist of the Year- RX 93.1

Best Selling Album of the Year- "Nina Live!", Awit Awards

Best Performance by a Duet- "Nina and Thor", Awit Awards

Favorite Collaboration- "Burn" by Nina and Christian Bautista, MYX Music Awards

Best Performance by a Female Artist in a Concert- Aliw Awards

People’s Choice Song of the Year- "Someday", Awit Awards

People’s Choice Favorite Artist- Awit Awards

People’s Choice Best Female Performance- "Someday", Awit Awards

R&B Artist of the Year- Philippine Hip-Hop Awards

Best Urban Video- "I Do", MYX Music Awards

UST’s Student Choice of Music Video- "Someday"

RECOGNITIONS

ASAP Platinum Circle 2008 (Nina Featuring The Hits of Barry Manilow - Platinum) and (Nina Live- 8x platinum)

ASAP 24K Awards (Nina Sings The Hits of Dianne Warren - Gold)

Shall We Dance Monthly Champion (November)

ASAP Platinum Circle 2007 (Nina - Platinum) and (Nina Live- 8x Platinum)

ASAP 24K Awards (Nina - Gold)

ASAP Platinum Circle 2006 (Nina Live- 6x platinum)

ASAP Platinum Circle 2005 (Nina Live- 5x platinum)

No. 1 Female R&B Singer in the Philippines/2004 Philippine Business Excellence Award/Awards and Recognition Association of the Philippines

Artist of the Month (January, 2004)/MTV Philippines

Artist of the Month (January, 2004)/97.1 WLS FM

Singing Ambassador of Goodwill 2004/Center for Pop Music Philippines, Inc.

One of Women to Watch in 2004/Mega Magazine

CONTESTS / COMPETITIONS

Bulilit Jamboree - Lunchdate, GMA 7 (1985, Daily Winner)

Tanghalan ng Kampeon - GMA 7 (1991, 7 Weeks Champion)

Kids Go Broadway - SM North Edsa (1989, Grand Champion)

Quest For The Best - Panasonic (1993/1994, Grand Finalist)

Linggo Ng Wika - Miriam College (1999, Grand Champion)

Credits to:

Jay "Sijiro" - for the Article
    JM - Compilation of the articles and thread concept
    Dra. Winnnie - for the Photos
    Jomz - Final Edit and Final Layout
  • -M-i-C-o--M-i-C-o- Member PExer
    ganda ng new bahay!

:wave:

:love:

NINA LANG! :love:
    Hi MICO! Apir! Keep posting!
  • hands2heavenhands2heaven is it over now? PExer
    New house.*okay*

thanks sa mga gumawa!

I Love Nina! :love:

Nasa tagaytay pala si Nins kahapon no?

Next Sunday nasa ASAP sya. :bounce:
    hello niners! :wave: :wave: :wave:

ang ganda ng new house natin... :)
    New house.*okay*

thanks sa mga gumawa!

I Love Nina! :love:

Nasa tagaytay pala si Nins kahapon no?

Next Sunday nasa ASAP sya. :bounce:

Thanks..

Yep.. nag tagaytay...

Next week ASAP xia... watch it! OK? Keep postinG!
  • r0nar0na Member PExer
    votevotevote.jpg

myxvote.jpg
    [highlight]THERE YOU'LL BE MUSIC VIDEO[/highlight] <--Click Here to watch the Music Video

MYX VOTE THERE YOU'LL BE send 2366

titikpilipino.jpg
    [highlight]TITIK PILIPINO POLL[/highlight]<--Click Here to vote for I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Nina

chartcentral.jpg
    [highlight]CHARTCENTRAL[/highlight]<-- Click Here to vote for There You'll Be by Nina

VOTE LANG NG VOTE!!! :D
  • r0nar0na Member PExer
    There You'll Be Music Video

MYX THERE YOU'LL BE send 2366
    ^Vote vote vote!

Ang galing NEW ENTRY ang There You'll be pero number 11 agad... 9spots ang inakyat niya...

Wooohooooo!
  • kimyoshkimyosh Member PExer
    hindi nyo po ako sinama sa Taboo nung friday :mecry:
    miss ko na po si Ate NIna saka kayo :D
  • orion628orion628 pro-poster PExer
    ako po magvote bukas bago pumasok sa school
    sa wakas nasa youtube na din! :)
  • win21win21 Happiness! PExer
    Wow!!! New house. Ang galing Jomz *okay*

Niners, kailan tayo magkikita ulit? Hahaha! Parang di tayo nagkita sa Taboo nung isang araw. hehehehe

Ganda ni Nina and sobrang daming tao. Kala nga namin di kami makakakuha ng magandang seats. Buti na lang at sinabi ni Jomz ang magic word at ginawan tayo ng panibagong table malapit sa stage:lol: Daming nagrequest ng songs and game naman si Nina na pagbigyan lahat. After the show eh pumunta na agad sila sa Tagaytay with the rest of the Girados. May show kasi si Nina dun. Pero kahit nagmamadali si Nina, syempre nagpunta sya sa table natin and nagbeso-beso muna.

Nina the best ka talaga!!!
  • win21win21 Happiness! PExer
    kimyosh wrote: »

Kim hinahanap ka ni King. Sabi nya "Nasaan na yung artista?" Sikat ka talaga sa music video ha.

Vote vote vote!!! Para kay Nina and Kim!:lol:
  • -monica--monica- Member PExer
    napanood ko na po ang music video pinagmamalaki ko sa mga kakalse ko andyan po tayo andyan ako eh :)
  • r0nar0na Member PExer
    win21 wrote: »
    Wow!!! New house. Ang galing Jomz *okay*

Niners, kailan tayo magkikita ulit? Hahaha! Parang di tayo nagkita sa Taboo nung isang araw. hehehehe

Ganda ni Nina and sobrang daming tao. Kala nga namin di kami makakakuha ng magandang seats. Buti na lang at sinabi ni Jomz ang magic word at ginawan tayo ng panibagong table malapit sa stage:lol: Daming nagrequest ng songs and game naman si Nina na pagbigyan lahat. After the show eh pumunta na agad sila sa Tagaytay with the rest of the Girados. May show kasi si Nina dun. Pero kahit nagmamadali si Nina, syempre nagpunta sya sa table natin and nagbeso-beso muna.

Nina the best ka talaga!!!

heheh, kahit nagmamadali yun, sya pa yung lumapit sa atin at mag thank you. Nakakaaliw yung foreigner no? Nung kumanta na si Nina bigla syang tumayo sa harapan tayo palakpak ng palakpak at sumasayw pa haha! Nice sa Taboo, sarap manood dun, lalo na kapag si Nina yung nagpe-perform heheh
    win21 wrote: »
    Kim hinahanap ka ni King. Sabi nya "Nasaan na yung artista?" Sikat ka talaga sa music video ha.

Vote vote vote!!! Para kay Nina and Kim!:lol:

ay nakaalis na ako dito di ba? Nasalubong nyo pala sina King. Hahah. Nahihiya pa rin si Kim. DI daw sya artista hahaha
    kimyosh wrote: »

Di bale Kim, sa OUTING ng mga NINERS kasama ka tapos pupunta pa muna tayong gig. ;) Hanap tayong magandang sched yung wala kayong pasok!
  • lanskilanski ..i.. PExer
    Hay... Bagong Bahay! wooo-hooo!!!

Kim & Nica, dapat lang ipagmalaki yung MV kasi ang gagaling niyo don, close up pa yung shots sa inyo ni Kim.

Proud ako sa Niners, at kay NINA! And im sure PROUD din si Nina sa atin.
    hi kim orion and nica! kumusta ang kabataang Niners? miss ko na kayo.... galingan niyo sa school ha! nagtaboo kami nung isang araw.....
  • myeverythingmyeverything Member PExer
    wow 7.5! sosyal 'to ah. ganda ng PS!

inaabangan ko na ***** *** ROTS, magaganda *** kinanta nya eh. hahaha

Online Radio

baka lang gusto nyo din!
  • myeverythingmyeverything Member PExer
    yehey! nasa ASAP na si NINA next week!

sana naman i-award na yung Platinum. *okay*
This discussion has been closed.