GOOD DAY PEXERS!

If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us an email at [email protected]

Thanks,
PExer99

FEU-NRMF or UERMMMC?

Comments

• ironhide08ironhide08 member PExer
    chevara wrote: »
    No. The percentages /rates are given. But "the same study habits" are not. I mean my basis are tangible and a fact but yours are not merely existing. hehe..I think we are not routing at the same path here..:)

no we're not, kasi im not trying to divert the fact that UERM has produced a 99% passing rate. did i doubt UERM's capacity to produce a 99% passing rate. no. try to read my posts. para di po tayo paulit ulit.

we all agree that UERM has produced a 99% passing rate, why do some people keep on insisting that i'm challenging that fact.

it was just a discussion between me and winslix because she got curious why i was impressed with FEU's performance, so she asked my opinion, which i admit is biased towards FEU dahil sa kanya ngako napahanga. ngayon lang ako nakarinig ng ganun.

the thing is your reading statements out of context that's why they mean differently from what i wanted to say.

the thing is im not concerned with FEU nor UERM, because i studied in UST, but like what i said, even from me who should be neutral, i can't deny my bias, dahil pinapipili nga tayo ng TS. i chose FEU because of its numbers but that doesn't mean i'm challenging UERM's 99% passing rate.
  • meteorcatchermeteorcatcher UE FIGHT! PEx Expert 🎖️
    FOR THE RECORD:

FEU-NRMF passing rate for the past 3 board exams are:

From 2001 to 2005 FEU's passing rate average is 77% (published at manila bullettin broadsheet, sponsored by ched and prc)

June 2006 56%
    Dec 2006 75%
    June 2007 62%
    Dec 2007 62%

then 68 %
    then 72% (recent)

UERM's PASSING RATE:

COvering the period from 2001-2005

UERM's average passing rate is 94% (published at manila bullettin)

Last 3 board exams result are as follows:

94%
    97%
    99% (recent)

Does it spells the difference? Kayo na ang humusga.
  • meteorcatchermeteorcatcher UE FIGHT! PEx Expert 🎖️
    correction:

it is FEU's passing rate only.
  • judge_ojojudge_ojo Member PExer
    people, people... ba't kayo nag-aaway2x? simpleng topic lang naman to...

@winslix - please don't call names and please be more open-minded sa mga posts ng ibang tao dito...

un lang... di po ako nurse/nursing student. im a cpa...
  • judge_ojojudge_ojo Member PExer
    i agree with the one who stated na hindi lang dapat passing rates ang pinagbabasehan ng decision...
  • karlstarkarlstar We Love UE PExer
    First and foremost, the threadstarter has given only two option: UERM or FEU...let's stick to the choices and try not to deviate from the topic.

Yes, we should not only look on to the exam results BUT we consider it as big factor in choosing. First, the struggle of being a nurse doesnt stop when you graduated BSN, to be a full pledge nurse you need to pass the board. Dito na papasok *** solid foundation mo sa iyong discipline. Kaya nga merong statistics, para mabigyan tayo ng tangible results---para maging guideline. I think its the top criteria in choosing, secondly jan na natin take into consideration *** location, tuition fee (i believe di naman nagkakalayo ang two schools), and individual preferences. After you examine everything that's the time you decide, which is which nga ba.

With regards sa QUALITY OVER QUANTITY i totally agree with this is:bop: The principle of Management states the Law of "SPAN OF CONTROL Apparently, kapag mas kaunti ang i-susupervise mas outstanding ang result. The fact na pinili ng FEU magcater sa thousands of students dapat they ensure that hindi macocompromise ang quality ng education--- I am not saying hindi maganda ang quality ng education sa FEU ha! remember 72% is big enough at member din sila ng top performing school, we are only trying to choose a better option

Again, both schools are good. But we should not forget the purpose of this thread.

GO UE!*okay*
  • TamgreenTamgreen Member PExer
    winslix wrote: »
    Tamgreen.
    Your school loyalty partially blinds you from the truth. Your school should be proud of you. You are the one that is being narrow minded based on your bias being an alumna of FEU. At least ironhide08 has more credibility since ironhide08 is not connected to either school. I think (opinion lang) your school is in the top 5 in manila. Give it a rest.

Yes I was loyal to FEU more than UERM even before entering college, got even more loyal when I was able to graduate and enter my dream hospital. And Im proud of my school. If you would sum up all my posts, I wasnt completely bias. Like what ironhide08 was saying, you kept on running on circles telling us to admit a simple fact that 99% is greater than 70& when in fact we already favored on that so many times from our posts. So if Im from FEU then Im not credible? Is that what you're trying to say? If you would read my posts someof my statements sided on FEU since I know my school better than you do, and no one can can give better information but the students or Alumni themselves. And wala namang twisted facts sa mga sinabi ko. Thanks and ill give it a rest.
  • the_registrarthe_registrar Banned by Admin PExer
    kahit ano sabihin nyo wala ng argument!
    kahit wala ng pumasok na topnotcher sa UERM kung 99% naman passing rate nyan BETTER pa rin yan kesa FEU!

ironhide...
    simple lang ang logic...
    anong mas pipiliin mong school???
    99% passing rate
    or
    75% passing rate

simpleng logic lang yan...
    B0B0 mo talaga pag di mo pa masagot yan!
  • TamgreenTamgreen Member PExer
    FOR THE RECORD:

From 2001 to 2005 FEU's passing rate average is 77% (published at manila bullettin broadsheet, sponsored by ched and prc)

June 2006 56%
    Dec 2006 75%
    June 2007 62%
    Dec 2007 62%

then 68 %
    then 72% (recent)

UERM's PASSING RATE:

COvering the period from 2001-2005

UERM's average passing rate is 94% (published at manila bullettin)

Last 3 board exams result are as follows:

94%
    97%
    99% (recent)

Talking about quantity over quality, as far as I know the population of FEU in 2006 doubled in 2008. But it was a higher percentage in 2008.
  • Amazing_WarriorAmazing_Warrior BOMBA UE! PExer
    agentm wrote: »
    experience ko lang pag malaman kang graduate ng UERM, ang sasabihin sa iyo eh "Ohhh"

pag sa iba, ang sasabihin eh "Ah, ok"

:naughty:

Really? :naughty:

Parang alam ko na what school yung "Ahh, ok":p

:rotflmao:
  • Amazing_WarriorAmazing_Warrior BOMBA UE! PExer
    Tamgreen wrote: »
    FOR THE RECORD:

June 2006 56%
    Dec 2006 75%
    June 2007 62%
    Dec 2007 62%

then 68 %
    then 72% (recent)

So by this statistics it shows that mababa nga talaga ang performance ng FEU from 2006 to the present.:eek:

All i thought this 72% lang yung pinakamababa nila.

So dapat talaga maging mahigpit na sila this time. The statistics really shows and reflect what quality they have in BS Nursing.;)
  • RougePercerRougePercer VFR | IFR | WP8 | RIM PExer
    AW, wag tayong ganyan. :)
  • winslixwinslix speak your mind PExer
    judge_ojo wrote: »
    i agree with the one who stated na hindi lang dapat passing rates ang pinagbabasehan ng decision...

did you not read the previous posts? We all know hindi lang passing rates ang factor but the subject of argument is passing rates. Please be well informed first before you comment. No one is calling names here. If you carefully read, I'm not the one that is not open minded. You missed the train.
    So if Im from FEU then Im not credible? Is that what you're trying to say? If you would read my posts someof my statements sided on FEU since I know my school better than you do, and no one can can give better information but the students or Alumni themselves.

You are not credible because of the loyalty bias. Being an alumna of a school doesnt necessarily mean you KNOW your school but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

But do you know UERM? So again, the bias.

Besides, I never claim to know your school. The debate is based on OFFICIAL PUBLIC DATA of Board passing rates that everyone can access. All variables that can be measured (like number of takers and passers). I do not contribute fictional variables that can not be measured, "study habits", "mainit ang classroom", which are all lame excuses.

Again, I did not graduate from UERM or FEU-NRMF. My input is based on first hand info based on what I have seen i.e., official data from PRC, campus structure, set up, security. The other variables I will not claim at mahina ang aking imagination.

I will give FEU the edge when it comes to facilities and im sure meron pa but that is all I know, also security. UERM has cheaper tuition.

Paulit ulit na naman tayo para sa mga gusto mag post na hindi nagbabasa ng older posts at jumping the gun agad.

Magandang araw sa inyong lahat. Thanks for participating in an educational argument.
    @ Tamgreen

You do not have to explain ironhide08 post. You can not speak for him/her. Lalong gugulo. Let ironhide08 explain his/her point. Wala tayong kampihan dito. We all have indpendent analysis that deserves to be heard. ironhide08 can handle his/herself the same way you can.
  • IP_memberIP_member Spartan ng Recto PExer
    maganda pero mahirap ang nursing sa UERM, pag nagkaroon ng isang bagsak lang, bye-bye na...

mas lalo mahirap ang buhay ng nursing ngayon.. kasi masyado nang maraming nurse sa mundo..

wag na po kayo mag-away.... :)
  • ironhide08ironhide08 member PExer
    kahit ano sabihin nyo wala ng argument!
    kahit wala ng pumasok na topnotcher sa UERM kung 99% naman passing rate nyan BETTER pa rin yan kesa FEU!

ironhide...
    simple lang ang logic...
    anong mas pipiliin mong school???
    99% passing rate
    or
    75% passing rate

simpleng logic lang yan...
    B0B0 mo talaga pag di mo pa masagot yan!

hahahaha! sino kaya ang bobo, ni di mo nga maintindihan mga simpleng opinion dito. wag ka na. :rotflmao:

ang hina talaga nito, magbasa ka nga, dun mo makikita hinahahanap mo. interesado ka pala sa opinion ko, eh di basahin mo mga sinabi ko.

di ako magpapaliwanag sa isang katulad mo, sayang ang oras, di makaintindi. :bash:

sige na magbabakasyon pako sa Florida, sana pag balik ko tumalino ka na kahit konti. hahahaha! :rotflmao:
    IP_member wrote: »
    maganda pero mahirap ang nursing sa UERM, pag nagkaroon ng isang bagsak lang, bye-bye na...

mas lalo mahirap ang buhay ng nursing ngayon.. kasi masyado nang maraming nurse sa mundo..

wag na po kayo mag-away.... :)

This is just a way of maintaining quality standards. Hindi lang UERM ang nag implement ng ganitong policy, Im sure pati din FEU, among others (remember no mention of other schools dito) practice this. I also know first hand that some schools (still i refuse to mention any schools other than UE/FEU) despite expelling students with failing subjects, they have quota grade averages to maintain, otherwise, good bye din.

When it comes to quality, there are no compromises, meron talagang casualties. The truth bites.

Not sure about others but for me there is nothing personal. This is a good, constructive, healthy argument between minds.

Bring it on.
    Talking about quantity over quality, as far as I know the population of FEU in 2006 doubled in 2008. But it was a higher percentage in 2008.

See, good point. FEU noticed the lower passing rates in previous years and as their population doubled, the quality improved by higher passing rate from 2006 to 2008. So there is always room for improvement and FEU is on the right track. From 56% 2006 to 72% for 2008 with double the takers. If FEU continue this trend, in maybe 5 years approximately they have the potential for perfection with maybe double the takers. This of course, is a statistical estimation and has good probability.

But right now, we all know the standings for both school.
    UERM 99%
    FEU 72%
    ^^No bias, no favoritism, no loyalties.

I call it as it is.

There is only one answer. This is not politics, not philosophy. Statistics where there can only be one answer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file