GOOD DAY PEXERS!

If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us an email at [email protected]

Thanks,
PExer99

FEU-NRMF or UERMMMC?

1356740

Comments

  • agentmagentm green minded PExer
    Other than tuition fees and board ratings, consider din ng nephew mo yung environment ng school. Sa UERM kasi, 3 lang ang courses: Medicine, Nursing and Physical Therapy. Sa FEU, halo halo. Although, I must warn you, may subjects na kinukuha sa UE Recto ang mga nursing students ng UERM like chemistry, physics, PE..

    Sa UERM, since maliit lang na community, magkaka kilala halos lahat. Homey ang ambiance ika nga.
  • winslixwinslix speak your mind PExer
    ironhide08 wrote: »
    syempre good post, pareho kayo ng opinion, you read from him what you wanted to read from all the posts here. pag di nag agree sayo bad post na

    wala po tayong kalaban dito. im sure most na nakabasa ng post mo disagreed sa quantity over quality na post mo. Kahit bali baliktarin mo, thats what you implied, quantity is better than quality.
    anyway, peace.
  • winslixwinslix speak your mind PExer
    ironhide08 wrote: »
    malamang sabihin na naman ng iba dyan, hinde statistics lang, just look at the statistics. wala ng ibang factor.

    siyempre there are lots of other factors and variables. nag focus lang temporarily sa passing rates since someone brought it up and na discuss further.
  • winslixwinslix speak your mind PExer
    CaraX wrote: »
    Hi winslix, thank you for moderating this thread. :)

    Btw, na visit na ng nephew ko ang UERMMMC at FEU-NRMF.

    Sa tuition fee mas mahal ang FEU-NRMF 50k to 70k, while UERMMMC 35k to 50k a sem "DAW".

    Sa facilities naman mas ok daw ng konti ang FEU-NRMF kesa UERMMMC.

    For me naman tanong ko lang, ano ba ang basis ng pagpili ng maayos na school? Kasi kung tatanungin ako ng nephew ko UERMMMC ang pipiliin ko kasi gusto ko lang mukang maganda ang ambiance, at rumors marami daw ateneans nag-aaral sa UERMMMC, is this true?

    Guys, I need more responses, feel free to post here. :bashful:

    walang anuman, this thread sparked an interest din. Alam mo, during my time, isa lang FEU, now pala meron nang NRMF. Wala ako ma share na first hand info about NRMF at ayokong mag assume. I am currently taking MAsterals sa UERM, at mga classmates ko ay mga new grads na walang experience pero CI na, meron mga tiga UP but walang Ateneans like you mentioned, at least not sa Masterals baka sa undergrad BSN siguro but that I dont know. Matanong ko lang, bakit choices ay UERM and FEU NRMF?
  • winslixwinslix speak your mind PExer
    @ agentm

    agree ako sa mga points mo, accessibility at having a hospital are big factors din, along with tuition fees. School environment ay depende na yan sa personality ng student.
  • meteorcatchermeteorcatcher UE FIGHT! PEx Expert 🎖️
    Aside form PAASCU LEVEL III accreditation in nursing program, UERM is also DOST's CENTER FOR EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH sa Medicine. Ang point ko, UERM is not only good in nursing but in almost all the courses being offered in said Foundation. Maaalagaan ka dun ng husto.
  • TamgreenTamgreen Member PExer
    winslix wrote: »
    wala po tayong kalaban dito. im sure most na nakabasa ng post mo disagreed sa quantity over quality na post mo. Kahit bali baliktarin mo, thats what you implied, quantity is better than quality.
    anyway, peace.

    Hindi po iniimply ni ironhide08 na quantity is better than quality. He's just trying to imply that FEU even having a larger number of population still was able to maintain a quality education.

    I was reading your posts and I just want to say my opinion regarding that quality over quantity.

    Yes, small quantity is most likely equated to a better quality. But then it doesnt mean that large quantity couldn't also afford to have quality. FEU and UERMMC have different visions for their school and their students. I don't have any idea why UERMMC maintain their small population, maybe they lack funds and facility to handle a big population. Sa FEU naman they have the funds, good educational program, facility and man power to be able to handle a big number of students. And I can say that quality still exists as evidenced by the recent board exams wherein of all the schools who fielded 1000+ examinees only FEU managed to acquire more than 50% passing rate thus made FEU number 1 in the category. FEU doesn't limit itself on just educating a few to protect its name or reputation in board exams when it can educate more students that other schools can't afford.
  • TamgreenTamgreen Member PExer
    About the probabilty, yes you have greater chances/probabilty of passing the board exam if UERMMC maintains a 100% passing rate because of a small number of population. But then, since they only educate a few number of students, then there's a small chance of you getting in.
  • winslixwinslix speak your mind PExer
    Tamgreen wrote: »
    Hindi po iniimply ni ironhide08 na quantity is better than quality. He's just trying to imply that FEU even having a larger number of population still was able to maintain a quality education.

    I was reading your posts and I just want to say my opinion regarding that quality over quantity.

    Yes, small quantity is most likely equated to a better quality. But then it doesnt mean that large quantity couldn't also afford to have quality. FEU and UERMMC have different visions for their school and their students. I don't have any idea why UERMMC maintain their small population, maybe they lack funds and facility to handle a big population. Sa FEU naman they have the funds, good educational program, facility and man power to be able to handle a big number of students. And I can say that quality still exists as evidenced by the recent board exams wherein of all the schools who fielded 1000+ examinees only FEU managed to acquire more than 50% passing rate thus made FEU number 1 in the category. FEU doesn't limit itself on just educating a few to protect its name or reputation in board exams when it can educate more students that other schools can't afford.

    Still, however you explain it, it is still quantity. At least you have a good explanation for it. We are not putting down any school here. It is obvious even without your explanantion that FEU is one of the top nursing schools in the country,even better than my alma matter. Hindi po tayo narrow minded. And different schools have different visions, missions, etc. At opo, they handled a big amount of students but sad to say, the compromise with huge numbers is.....according to numbers po....PASSING RATES. Ito po ang facts, hindi opinions. MAraming variables to debate as to what leads to quality............
    quality and number of faculty,
    teaching styles,
    campus environment, and so on....

    but we are only going with the recent BOARD PASSING RATES. At siguradong maraming factors that FEU (are we still talking about NRMF or the morayta one?) has the edge, like campus facilities lang ang masabi ko kasi hindi naman ako nag aral sa FEU at hindi ako mag mention ng hypothesis ko lang, mas mabuti based on facts with evidence to compare side by side. Pag graduate na ng student at professional na, hindi natin alam kung sino mas madaming accomplished nurses dyan. But as of the comparison with board rates, hindi ko na uulitin kung sino ang may edge.
    I wish ironhide08 explained his/her logic which is what i was waiting for the way you did kasi i want to learn din his/her side.

    To conclude, the better school is the one our thread starter will choose dahil it will fit their needs. Andito tayo to provide input as to why.

    Why dont you bring up the other qualities of FEU-NRMF that is obviously better than UERM? Ny your nick, I assume alumna ka duon. I cant wait to hear what else FEU NRMF has to offer.
  • TamgreenTamgreen Member PExer
    winslix wrote: »
    I merely exaggerated the numbers to clearly show your statistical reasoning. The law of probability in statistics leans towards the 10 takers with 100% chances. Thats not my opinion, its a fact. Mahirap man tanggapin, and I know where you are coming from, no formal research or studies will side with your logic. So Im still waiting on something really solid to back up your claim. I wanna learn something new. I know you have a debatable point and I respect that. Please, Im hungry for knowledge and explanation.

    If you're going to base it in prc's statistics, FEU and UERMMC shouldn't be compared at all because they belong to 2 different categories. That's what categories are made for. For you to be able to compare, magproduce muna ang UERMMC ng more than 1000 board examinees.

    Setting aside the statistics, still it's a fact that FEU can educate and produce more registered nurses than UERMMC and Im not trying to imply that one is better than the other. Im just saying that sayang yung 1000 students(kung walang FEU) na pumasa ng board exam who weren't given a chance to get in sa schools ,like UERMMC, because they handle a small number of population when infact they are also good and sometimes even better after being given with right education and training.
  • chevarachevara Member PExer
    FEU-72%
    UERM-99%


    I know FEU is also a good nursing school but kung icocompare sa UERM just look at the disparity. Halata ang mas magaling kaya UERM ka nalang. Mas selective and alaga ang dami ng studyante at mas tutok ang academic excellence since mas onti kayo kesa sa mga FEU students.
  • RougePercerRougePercer VFR | IFR | WP8 | RIM PExer
    Are there enough professors in FEU to handle 2 thousand nursing students? And another burden, tuition fee too expensive.
  • chevarachevara Member PExer
    Tamgreen wrote: »
    If you're going to base it in prc's statistics, FEU and UERMMC shouldn't be compared at all because they belong to 2 different categories. That's what categories are made for. For you to be able to compare, magproduce muna ang UERMMC ng more than 1000 board examinees.

    Setting aside the statistics, still it's a fact that FEU can educate and produce more registered nurses than UERMMC and Im not trying to imply that one is better than the other. Im just saying that sayang yung 1000 students(kung walang FEU) na pumasa ng board exam who weren't given a chance to get in sa schools ,like UERMMC, because they handle a small number of population when infact they are also good and sometimes even better after being given with right education and training.


    Hi there, I agree na hindi sila pwedeng i-compare based on stats since hindi sila parehas ng category but kasi yung TS kelangan niya ng mas magaling between the two...though it doesn't necessarily mean na hindi sila parehas ng number of takers and magkalayo sila ng passing rates..ikaw ba mismo? Saan ka papasok? Dun sa 72% passing or sa 99% passing? Hindi rin biro ang UERM kasi 200+ students ay mahirap din i-maintain at ihandle and UP is 100% with only I think about 50+ examinees. Pero though 50+ yung sa UP at 200+ yung sa UERM ay ang passing rates nila ay dikit with UP-100% and UERM-99%...same goes to UST na 400+ examinees pero 98% passing rate....dikit pa din sa UP... So I think hindi excuse na 1000+ takers ang FEU kaya mas mababa ang passing kesa sa UERM. Knowing the school could accomodate a big number of students, the responsibility to produce a 90%+ passing rate should still be the main priority. Surely, magaling din naman ang FEU.:)
  • winslixwinslix speak your mind PExer
    Tamgreen wrote: »
    If you're going to base it in prc's statistics, FEU and UERMMC shouldn't be compared at all because they belong to 2 different categories. That's what categories are made for. For you to be able to compare, magproduce muna ang UERMMC ng more than 1000 board examinees.

    Setting aside the statistics, still it's a fact that FEU can educate and produce more registered nurses than UERMMC and Im not trying to imply that one is better than the other. Im just saying that sayang yung 1000 students(kung walang FEU) na pumasa ng board exam who weren't given a chance to get in sa schools ,like UERMMC, because they handle a small number of population when infact they are also good and sometimes even better after being given with right education and training.

    Well, if UERM wants to limit the number of nurses to maintain their quality standard, then that is their vision. Nothing wrong with that. Kung ang FEU naman gusto to open their floodgates, so to speak, then that is their prerogative. You are straying away from the point of argument, which is BOARD PASSING RATES.
    At opo, FEU can educate and produce. Hindi po ito ang point of argument. And yes, not one is better than the other. Again, the point of argument is BOARD PASSING RATES.

    And why can't we compare the two? Not in the same category? And what category are we talking about? Are they not both nursing schools? This is all we want to know. Are Nursing schools categorized by the number of graduates? This is something new.
    My dear colleague in the profession, let us not open a can of worms. Why can't you admit a simple fact? Ano ba ang mahirap? It is as clear as black and white. When it comes to BOARD PASSING RATES, UERM takes the cake.

    No grudges, no personal differences.
  • TamgreenTamgreen Member PExer
    winslix wrote: »
    Well, if UERM wants to limit the number of nurses to maintain their quality standard, then that is their vision. Nothing wrong with that. Kung ang FEU naman gusto to open their floodgates, so to speak, then that is their prerogative. You are straying away from the point of argument, which is BOARD PASSING RATES.
    At opo, FEU can educate and produce. Hindi po ito ang point of argument. And yes, not one is better than the other. Again, the point of argument is BOARD PASSING RATES.

    And why can't we compare the two? Not in the same category? And what category are we talking about? Are they not both nursing schools? This is all we want to know. Are Nursing schools categorized by the number of graduates? This is something new.
    My dear colleague in the profession, let us not open a can of worms. Why can't you admit a simple fact? Ano ba ang mahirap? It is as clear as black and white. When it comes to BOARD PASSING RATES, UERM takes the cake.

    No grudges, no personal differences.

    If you would read one of my previous posts, I already wrote a statement regarding the greater chance/probability of passing the board exam if you plan to enter a school who maintains a 100% passing rate. I guess the threadstarter is not dumb not to know what it implies given all the facts. Then "why can't you admit a simple fact?" is completely unnecessary.

    The thread starter is asking for the tuition, facility and professors of the two schools.

    Distance: UERMMC(If you're near Caloocan)
    FEU-NRMF(If you live in Quezon City)
    FEU-MANILA(If you live in or near Manila)

    Facility: If you think you're good enough as a student and di kailngan masyado tutukan(Go to FEU if you want a more conducive environment for learning and updated educational technology)

    Tuition: UERMMC is cheaper

    Curriculum: FEU is community based so you'll spend more time dealing with community people.

    Hospital: Both have home based hospitals, but when I was a student I was rotated to a maximum of 8 hospitals. You'll be flexible.
    That's in FEU. I've also visited UERMMC hospital when I was applying.

    Population: UERMMC has small number of population.
    FEU-NRMF has small number of population
    FEU Manila One big happy family haha

    Professors: FEU have good professors with MA since the school is offering MA in nursing. The professors are also good and competent and the school pays high. And some are really strict like hell.

    UERMMC has good professors as well and since they have a small number of population, 100% control over the students is guaranteed.
  • mhekmhek Member PExer
    Tamgreen wrote: »

    Distance: UERMMC(If you're near Caloocan)
    FEU-NRMF(If you live in Quezon City)
    FEU-MANILA(If you live in or near Manila)

    thats ue-caloocan not uerm. ;)

    nasa sta. mesa ang uerm, borderline ng manila, qc and san juan. malapit lang sa lrt2 j.ruiz station.
  • winslixwinslix speak your mind PExer
    Tamgreen wrote: »
    If you would read one of my previous posts, I already wrote a statement regarding the greater chance/probability of passing the board exam if you plan to enter a school who maintains a 100% passing rate. I guess the threadstarter is not dumb not to know what it implies given all the facts. Then "why can't you admit a simple fact?" is completely unnecessary.

    The thread starter is asking for the tuition, facility and professors of the two schools.

    yes, the thread starter asked for other things but we are debating on the percentage rankings, and you keep insisting on how the relationship between the number of takers influenced the lower rate, which to me is just an excuse.

    Thanks for enumerating other variables for comparison for our TS benefit, and to educate all the readers na din.

    At salamat for MHEK sa clarification ng locations of the schools.
  • blueberry_sexyblueberry_sexy Winner PEx Expert 🎖️
    FEU-NRMF medyo malayo kung taga south ka ng metro manila sa Fairview kasi ang location ang alam ko pagbaba mo sa Fairview mag-tricycle ka pa traffic pa minsan sa papuntang Fairview, ang UERM naman LRT2(pinakamagandang LRT) J. Ruiz Station ang baba:)
  • blueberry_sexyblueberry_sexy Winner PEx Expert 🎖️
    ===> Syempre ang basis sa pagpili ng maayos na school dapat accredited ng mga accrediting agency, PRC, at CHED

    =====> Maraming prominent na alumni na naging successful sa kanilang field

    ======>Performance of the School in Board Exams

    =======>The quality of Faculty(advisable M.A. or PhD) & Students (dapat may maayos na pag-select ng students hindi basta PERA PERA lang)

    ========> International Linkages *okay**okay**okay*

    tama lahat ng sinabi mo *okay*
  • serial_killerserial_killer divine wind PExer
    CaraX wrote: »
    For me naman tanong ko lang, ano ba ang basis ng pagpili ng maayos na school? Kasi kung tatanungin ako ng nephew ko UERMMMC ang pipiliin ko kasi gusto ko lang mukang maganda ang ambiance, at rumors marami daw ateneans nag-aaral sa UERMMMC, is this true?
    [/QU

    Alam ko sa medicine, I have a friend from UERMMC, nag PRE-MED sya sa ADMU(BS Chemistry) then nag-medicine sya sa UERMMC medyo madami din daw sila :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file